What is the best carto tank setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echoitali

Mar 12, 2013
Montgomery, AL
I tried the clearos my first couple of weeks vaping. I recently changed to a carto tank setup. I believe it is the smoketech version. The dual carto I originally bought worked great and the flavor was better to me than using the clearos. I bought a pack of the carto refills and now I'm having problems. The issue is that the cartos have two punched holes instead of one and they are flooding the carto often. Are there any carto refills that only have one punched hole? I've seen the DIY hole punch device, but not sure of which carto to buy. Another issue is that I can't find that good taste using my ego twist. I mean which voltage. Not sure of the ohm that originally came with carto tank setup I bought first. The refill cartos I have 1.2+- ohm. Thanks for any help. I tried to go back to a new clearo, but the taste just isn't the same as my carto tank working well.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
I tried the clearos my first couple of weeks vaping. I recently changed to a carto tank setup. I believe it is the smoketech version. The dual carto I originally bought worked great and the flavor was better to me than using the clearos. I bought a pack of the carto refills and now I'm having problems. The issue is that the cartos have two punched holes instead of one and they are flooding the carto often. Are there any carto refills that only have one punched hole? I've seen the DIY hole punch device, but not sure of which carto to buy. Another issue is that I can't find that good taste using my ego twist. I mean which voltage. Not sure of the ohm that originally came with carto tank setup I bought first. The refill cartos I have 1.2+- ohm. Thanks for any help. I tried to go back to a new clearo, but the taste just isn't the same as my carto tank working well.

I get best flavor from 2.0 - 2.6 ohm cartos. I use VV devices as to adjust voltage for flavor and taste. I use Ikenvape fusion cartos. They are hard to get right now. Your lower ohm cartos are going to give you the least flavor imho. At least for me they do. There is not much range to adjust a low ohm carto.

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC

Generally the DCT comes with a 1.5 dual coil carto. As far as leaking maybe the carto is just flooded. Turn the carto tank upside down so that there is air over the carto holes. Hold a paper towel over the end of the carto and gently blow to clear the juice. Then try.

The other possibility is if you cut the orings when inserting the carto it will flood. Also make sure the tank has good airflow if the draw is hard it could mean there is no clearance between the tank and the battery. Then when vaping you would just flood the carto.

Good luck and don't give up.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
What voltage do you usually run a with 2.0 - 2.6 ohm carto? Also I'm using mainly 50-50 blend juices.

Im using about 4v/ maybe 4.5v using about 90%vg in most juices. I use tanks with my cartos. I never use them without using in a tank. I have lots of tanks. Doesnt really matter tank or device. Its the carto that makes the difference.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I get usually get Smoktech XL cartos from Smoktek and Boge standard-sized cartos from Valley View Vapes. As say usually, because things sometimes aren't in stock or I find a sale somewhere. I prefer 1-holed, since I use 70%pg juice, but more often end up with 2-holed due to availability. I like the laser punched holes because they are smaller (again, because of the thin juice). Ray @VVV punches the cartos himself and sometimes the holes seem a little big.

As far as the power, you really need to just start somewhere and dial around until you like how it tastes.

Echoitali

Mar 12, 2013
Montgomery, AL
I've tried to blow the carto out, but the end result is that it eventually floods after few good pulls. When I noticed the juice was getting used quicker I figured something was wrong. I'm definitely sticking with the carto tank setup. I just didn't know where to start to find some quality cartos or what ohm I should be looking for.

Echoitali

Mar 12, 2013
Montgomery, AL
Im using about 4v/ maybe 4.5v using about 90%vg in most juices. I use tanks with my cartos. I never use them without using in a tank. I have lots of tanks. Doesnt really matter tank or device. Its the carto that makes the difference.
Thanks, I figured the carto made the difference. Im gonna check out the ikenvape cartos and give them a try. I've only used the tank setup thus far.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread