What kind of nic level is around the same as a roll up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Looks good mate might have to give it a try, not fussed about flavours, just not a very nice feeling isit when you get withdrawals, you start feeling sick, hunger sort of sensation etc...

Your in another country so I'm not sure of the where, but smoking roll ur owns some WTA e juice might be just the ticket for you.

You don't need much in the way of nicotine, as you only smoked three a day (I used to smoke that in an hour back in the day) but with roll your owns, I think you get more of the whole tobacco alkaloids than others..

Try that if you can... and how much nicotine you need will depend on if your vaping just like you smoked (1-3 vaping sessions a day) or if your vaping much more often.

Last edited:
Reactions: mountaingal

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I really wonder about that too... I think if you're starting out, you need to remember that your lungs/throat/overall disposition is going to be *totally* different starting out than say, week 3. If I had to use ONLY my sub-ohm kit to quit, I would have failed. Mainly because, even at the correct nic level, the wattage was WAY too high for my smoker's throat (that said, some folks DO sub-ohm at low wattage, I don't have that magical ability, though I am finding the longer I stay quit 10 days now!) everything's easier, and I can vape a sub-ohm tank more easily and at less watts but still LOTS of watts compared to my other tank. I don't love to do it, but I CAN. At the start the heat of the vapor and the amount of it felt almost as toxic as *smoking* which wasn't really an incentive for me to vape.... I am very happy someone here suggested a 1.8 coil at low watts on a Nautilus 2 tank. It's working very well.... I don't use my sub-ohm tank frequently.... It's kind of more of a backup for now until I can afford more gear.

Anna

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
Nautilus 2 is way way better with the 0.7ohm coil - heaps better flavour, works well with max VG if you need a smooth hit, I run mine at 19.5 - 20 watts with the 0.7 max VG 12mg nic

I was a very heavy smoker up to 40 a day - the above has killed any cravings
Thanks for all the suggestions, but I'd just like to point out in no way am i a novice to vaping, I've had my fair share of attys/mods, i was just wondering what the nic equivilent would be to a roll up

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
That's hard to say... You aren't using a filter, even though you can approximate amounts, based on size, unless you're weighing out your tobacco then it's hard to know what is in it.

If you're not new to vaping, maybe pull out some nic and experiment? You'll have to anyway, as every quit's different, your body reacts differently (I have no clue why, I think being ready has a bunch to do with it?" ) Who knows. Buy a bottle of high nic and unflavored 0 mix so you can mix them and figure out what your body is asking for, nic wise.

Anna

Reactions: Ragnar94

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
For me this thread makes me go back to the same questions i have asked myself over and over when i quit smoking. I didn't feel like it was just nicotine withdrawals. I raised the nic level so high i got sick, yet i was still craving. I also tried the WTA liquid and i still craved something..but what? we have no idea what all they put in these cigs, but clearly it's addictive stuff beyond nic...i firmly believe this. There is more in cigs that is addictive then nic. Look at the studies where folks who were never smokers were given nic patches and nic gum for 6 months, when they stopped they had no addiction to the nic, i find that interesting. I did notice a difference when i used WTA's, but still i was craving something that only a cig could give me. It took me a while and a lot of will power to get past it, but eventually it stopped the longer i went with out smoking. I think vape studies should continue and hope they do, but there needs to be some damn studies on cigs to reveal more of what is in it that makes it so addictive. But that will never happen politicians want the tax money on it too bad.

sorry i wish i could be of more help on what your seeking, how much nic to match a cig, all you can do is experiment and at the end of the day think about what i said....is their more addictive chemicals purposely put in cigs that's the missing piece...maybe it's not just nic or what WTA liquids offer

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread