Status
Not open for further replies.

TheProphet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
Benbrook, TX, USA
I know it's not likely that we absorb 100% of the nicotine that is in our liquids, but just how much do we absorb and how much is exhaled into the air? I know that we are supposed to keep our liquids away from pets but will the exhaled nicotine harm them? I have a hedgehog, and they have very sensitive respiratory systems. Since I mostly vape in my room, wspecially when trying new flavors or rebuilding coils, and that's where my hedgie's cage is, I want to make sure he won't be harmed. I'm planning to ask this on the hedgie forum I frequent as well but it would be helpful to know just how much I'm putting out.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I really don't know much about hedgehogs (but that is pretty darn cool) but I think if it is something that would even remotely hurt out animals........there would be warnings all over ecf. I'm sure someone will come along that can really help you with this questions but I thought I'd throw my 3¢ (inflation) in. I have a zoo at my house and it doesn't bother me to vape away. Thanks for posting this question. Good one. :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410705566.496417.jpg my bird is Kahn, she is a Hahn's macaw, the smallest of all macaws ... But still all macaw regardless !

Maurice Pudlo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
United States
My guess is you should put on a flame suit in the hedgy forum, maybe two of them for good measure.

I've asked similar questions here and elsewhere, the answers is never quite the same but rolls something like:

You can't simply math out nicotine content with juice consumption and arrive at nicotine dose.

Then oddly

You don't exhale nicotine laden vapor.

Me, I can understand that a certain percentage of nicotine is destroyed in the vaporization process, gets stuck on the coil and wick, but I really don't know.

Maurice

roosterado

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2014
willmar MN
I do know I thing and I have read a reliable study, Whatever nicotine is exhaled[ and its more from cigarette smoke the Vapor unless your cloulding up the room all day IMO] nicotine adheres to many surfaces windows paint clothes skin. This is usually not a problem unless Nitrous Acid is introduced into the equation. Where would this come from a malfunction gas stove or any car exhaust in the passenger compartment of a automobile. Then togather they form a cancerous compound. So do not let pets or people[kids] lick car dash or seats anything thats in a car toys were regular vaping is done . The following Reseach Study is for cigarette smoke the the warning is for nicotine residue, Berkeley Lab Confirms Thirdhand Smoke Causes DNA Damage

Maurice Pudlo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
United States
I do know I thing and I have read a reliable study, Whatever nicotine is exhaled[ and its more from cigarette smoke the Vapor unless your cloulding up the room all day IMO] nicotine adheres to many surfaces windows paint clothes skin. This is usually not a problem unless Nitrous Acid is introduced into the equation. Where would this come from a malfunction gas stove or any car exhaust in the passenger compartment of a automobile. Then togather they form a cancerous compound. So do not let pets or people[kids] lick car dash or seats anything thats in a car toys were regular vaping is done . The following Reseach Study is for cigarette smoke the the warning is for nicotine residue, Berkeley Lab Confirms Thirdhand Smoke Causes DNA Damage

The study itself is here.

Mutagenesis

Maurice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread