What tanks can i use with my Aspire Zelos Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nik12

Apr 13, 2017
Hi All,

i am new to this vaping world, trying to give up smoking after 8 years. So far i have been vaping for 3 weeks now, still getting used to all the new terminologies and details about vaping and different devices etc.

I currently have an Aspire Zelos 50W mod with the nautilus 2 tank (came as a kit) and currently vaping on the 1.8 BVC coil, have kept the 0.7 coil for later ( i have been told the 0.7 is much better?). I am currently doing MTL hits and have tried DL hits occasionally but still need to get used to them.

I have a question - what other tanks can i use with the zelos mod? I know its only 50W and i dont know if i will ever go up that high so soon in terms of wattage, but would like to slowly transition to a bigger tank and possibly using sub-ohm coils like 0.6 or 0.5, 1.8BVC isnt really doing the trick for me.

Can someone please suggest which tanks i can go for (which have more liquid capacity as well) and can i use tanks from different manufacturers on the zelos mod? Please help!

Thanks
Nik

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I would suggest that you consider the eGo ONE series of tanks. They will work on your. Mod and They hold 4ML of juice and they accept CLR rebuildable/rewickable coils. Now don't let that scare you off. The coils are very inexpensive and can be used as throwaway if you choose. Has both .5ohm DL coils and 1ohm MTL coils available at less than $10 for a 5 pack. Great beginner tanks you may choose to just rewick or rebuild to whatever ohm level you prefer. Or as I said just toss 'em out. You can learn about the tanks at the following link. Great folks there will be happy to steer you toward great prices on the tanks and coils even a second mod for backup! Tell 'em Foggy sent ya and ask questions.

eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
At the moment, when I use a plug & play tank and coil I use;

For MTL (at work, driving, in social public areas)
Cubis with 0.6ohm (eGo AIO) coil. (NOT 0.5 or 1.5.... noooooo!) 16-20w
Joyetech Tron with CLR or factory coil. 12-14w
Eleaf GS Air with 1.2ohm pure cotton coil. 14w

For bigger vapes when not dripping or using an RTA.

Aspire EVO tank (4ml adapted) with Eleaf EC head 0.5ohm. (NOT the EVO coils... nooooo!)

All these will work on your mod.

50w is quite a lot for most people, just not the cloud crew. I prefer 2 battery mods for the battery life

If you can afford the coils, maybe anything by Aspire is good. :)
Perhaps the 0.7ohm will fix you up straight away.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi All,
i am new to this Vaping world, trying to give up smoking after 8 years. So far i have been vaping for 3 weeks now, still getting used to all the new terminologies and details about vaping and different devices etc.
I currently have an Aspire Zelos 50W mod with the nautilus 2 tank (came as a kit) and currently vaping on the 1.8 BVC coil, have kept the 0.7 coil for later ( i have been told the 0.7 is much better?). I am currently doing MTL hits and have tried DL hits occasionally but still need to get used to them.
I have a question - what other tanks can i use with the zelos mod? I know its only 50W and i dont know if i will ever go up that high so soon in terms of wattage, but would like to slowly transition to a bigger tank and possibly using sub-ohm coils like 0.6 or 0.5, 1.8BVC isnt really doing the trick for me.
Can someone please suggest which tanks i can go for (which have more liquid capacity as well) and can i use tanks from different manufacturers on the zelos mod? Please help!
Thanks Nik
Welcome and glad you joined. For someone new, lots to learn below and give you a good foundation to build on.
Might like to read:
vapetown
http://www.vaporauthority.com/pages/learn
http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...tte-college-guides-tutorials-information.html
One Stop Reference Shop For New and Experienced Vapers
Beginner – Guide To Vaping
http://www.smokingvapor.com/blog/2016/05/
http://vapingcheap.com/vaping-101/
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum

Reactions: Foggy Road

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
Just something's To think about if you try to throw a sub tank on your Zelos..... the mod has an internal battery.. once you goto higher wattages your battery life will be depleted very quickly.. if it was an external battery you could easily just switch it out to a fresh one,or an internal battery mod that has more MAH (battery life) that is suited for sub ohming.

There are many different coils that can fit the Nautilus besides the ones that came with your kit. Make sure to give them a try... I have the Nautilus Mini and use the 1.6ohm coil. You can also try the 1.2 ohm coils and there are the 1.8 Clapton coils as well... before you buy a new set up test all the options your current tank has to offer.

Reactions: Toronnah

Nik12

Apr 13, 2017
How do you like the mod itself? Button function, wear and tear? I think this is my move from Isticks.
Aspire - Aspire Zelos 50W kit
Really loving the mod, have switched to atlantis evo tank now but still trying to figure out direct lung vaping. Using the .4 ohm coil as i managed to burn out the .5 ohm coil.

Reactions: r77r7r

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Pretty much any tank that will fit on it. But at 50 watts, it will never be a serious cloud machine, so you don't really want to use a heavy duty cloud tank. I won't offer a specific recommendation because I don't know if you vape MTL or DTL and it makes a difference. But there are a number of well-thought-of tanks that have coils and adjustable airflow suitable for either, and won't break the bank. You might want to try one of those and, having determined what sort of vape and wattage you want to run, then take a look at a good one.

Reactions: r77r7r

sgbeta

Moved On
Apr 20, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Really loving the mod, have switched to atlantis evo tank now but still trying to figure out direct lung vaping. Using the .4 ohm coil as i managed to burn out the .5 ohm coil.

The 0.5 is a disaster anyway. (Trust me)...
The 0.4 works better in all respects.
I use neither, because the cost of Eleaf EC heads (0.3 or 0.5) is better and I do like to 'stick it' to Aspire.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Aspire Zelos 50W VW TC Box Mod Review - Indian Vapers

I don't how to tell a lipo battery from anything, but this isn't the first time I've seen this type of cell in a mod.

I didn't see that disassembly photo before. The Aspire website identifies it as a Lipo. Given the large number of configurations and form factors Lipos can be constructed in, I can't tell much about what it is from that photo.

Nik12

Apr 13, 2017
Pretty much any tank that will fit on it. But at 50 watts, it will never be a serious cloud machine, so you don't really want to use a heavy duty cloud tank. I won't offer a specific recommendation because I don't know if you vape MTL or DTL and it makes a difference. But there are a number of well-thought-of tanks that have coils and adjustable airflow suitable for either, and won't break the bank. You might want to try one of those and, having determined what sort of vape and wattage you want to run, then take a look at a good one.

Not really after big clouds, just trying to put my foot into the DTL technique, moving over from MTL. Although i prefer MTL when im driving, outside etc. Using the 0.4ohm coil at the moment and vaping it at 35w and for me it seems pretty reasonable amount of vapour production (compared to MTL vaping), so i am quite satisfied with it :) As i get better and my hunger for more clouds grows, will probably think of investing in a bigger MOD, maybe the Smok Alien? or eVic Primo?

Nik12

Apr 13, 2017
Good plan. Aspire really dropped the ball on the 0.5 EVO coils i.m.o.
The 0.4 is good, but price-wise?

0.4 is vaping really smooth i actually love this one and think i might just stick to this, but probably give the 0.5 EC a go as to be fair i never really had a go with aspire 0.5 as the coil was burnt too quickly for some reason even with proper priming - so yeah kind of been put off from aspire 0.5ohm coils

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
0.4 is vaping really smooth i actually love this one and think i might just stick to this, but probably give the 0.5 EC a go as to be fair i never really had a go with aspire 0.5 as the coil was burnt too quickly for some reason even with proper priming - so yeah kind of been put off from aspire 0.5ohm coils
Try both and choose. :)

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Not really after big clouds, just trying to put my foot into the DTL technique, moving over from MTL. Although i prefer MTL when im driving, outside etc. Using the 0.4ohm coil at the moment and vaping it at 35w and for me it seems pretty reasonable amount of vapour production (compared to MTL vaping), so i am quite satisfied with it :) As i get better and my hunger for more clouds grows, will probably think of investing in a bigger MOD, maybe the Smok Alien? or eVic Primo?
I don't have either mod-- I did just buy a Predator-- but have heard decent comments about both. I am personally fond of my RX200s. I have two of them I have used for years, and like them so well I just bought another. They are a three battery mod but, while weighty, they are so ergonomically designed they are smaller than many two-battery machines I have. Cheap, too, you can find one under fifty bucks if you look around. Wismec also makes the "2/3", which can use either 2 or 3 batteries. Anything with three cells will easily hold you up to 180 watts-- good batteries please-- so cloud should be no problem. (One caveat on the Wismecs: it is possible to have trouble with the 510 connector. If your tank has more than 4mm of thread length, the mod will sometimes "lose" it and not fire because it thinks it has no coil installed. Removing the tank and replacing it fixes it, until it happens again. Also, the 510 connector can be replaced if you're handy with a soldering iron.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread