Leaking aspire zelos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miramooke

Jun 22, 2017
About a month ago I got an aspire zelos (nautilus 2 tank). I use it with salt nix (50/50) at about 11w using 1.8ohm coils. Aside from the disappointingly short lifespan of the coils, I've been very happy with it.

But a couple days ago it started to leak from the air holes when inhaling. I took it all apart, cleaned it, replaced a missing o-ring, which did not help. I replaced the (day old) coil and that seemed to fix the issue but a couple days later it started again. I'm sick of sticky hands and wasted juice!

I feel like I've done everything I can to try to solve it but I'm hoping there's other things I can do. I'm going to bring it to the shop I got it from to see if they can help but if I could fix it at home sooner that would be super!

Gratch

Jul 9, 2017
Eek not good, this is the mod i am thinking of gettting next as an upgrade. From what i saw on youtube vids the best thing to do is not to over fill. close the airholes while you refil and then screw on the bell cap and then turn it upside down to fully tighten. Other than that i have no idea. Hope you can get it sorted as this looks like a really good kit.

Are the coils really that bad?

Reactions: Miramooke

Miramooke

Jun 22, 2017
I'm definitely not overfilling. I'll try that upside down thing. Do they say why it helps?

This round of leaking started halfway through a tank though, not right after a refill.

This is the only proper kit I've used so I have nothing to compare to but the coils start to suck after 2-3 days (using about one tank a day).

Other than those issues I like it a lot but at $4 a coil and wasted juice, it's getting pricy and annoying.

Last edited:

Miramooke

Jun 22, 2017
It's 50/50, it's a tart berry flavour so not too sweet. Very pale yellow in colour.

I tried a 70vg/30pg and got a lot of dry hits. I think it's too thick.

The coils are legit, from a good local store and I've gone through a couple boxes. All are about the same. I asked them and they kind of said it's normal that the coil experience declines so sharply and things I've read online support that.

I like it but I am shopping around for something else. At this point I'm not spending all that much less than I did when I smoked. That's a big part of my motivation to not smoke.

I'll update after I visit the store tomorrow. If they help fix this problem I'll probably be more positive about it. Right now I'm just annoyed and frustrated.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
I'm definitely not overfilling. I'll try that upside down thing. Do they say why it helps?

This round of leaking started halfway through a tank though, not right after a refill.

This is the only proper kit I've used so I have nothing to compare to but the coils start to suck after 2-3 days (using about one tank a day).

Other than those issues I like it a lot but at $4 a coil and wasted juice, it's getting pricy and annoying.
Upside down thing (finger on driptip) helps some leak prone tanks create a better vacuum seal. I would say the coils are bad so fast because of sweetner in the juice. Authentic Nautilus coils last a few weeks with non sweetned juice. Any B&M is gonna try to sell juice with sweetner so you'll be back for coils more often. What watts are you running to a 1.8ohm? Maybe the 0.7 ohm would suit you better.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
What coils are you using? If 1.8 you may wish to try out the 0.7 sub-ohm coil. I am pleasantly surprised with this coil, the firstj one went bad only about 10--11 days in, though I still enjoy that "Pure MTL feeling,"and vape it well within its coil settings at 10 watts for me, no issues. It burns through a little more juice, and more batteries for sure, even at low wattage. But, it's worth it to me to not have my coils gunked, period.

I can only use VG, I'm intolerant to vaping VG. But even IF I use the odd bit of juice (kinda prefer less sweet in my DIY than most premade juices, and it does fine for the most part. But mainly, if you are having coil troubles try the 0.7 and as low watts as you can, with airhole partially closed? It's similar to the 1.8 as far as performance, but it's a much cleaner vape and with the right settings (airholes, etc) it vapes just beautifully. IDK what the deal is with leakage, except that my tank did overflow once and the opening and closing airholes, will likely work, especially filling it.

Hope you find a good option forward. :)

Anna

Miramooke

Jun 22, 2017
Well I went to the store today and they figured out the leak problem. One of the black.o-rings I thought had snapped or fallen off had just migrated upwards and settled against another black o-ring, so I didn't notice it there. Doh. Problem solved!

As for the coil life issue, I learned a bit more about that as well. With the juice I use - salt nix - they increase the flavour, I think he said it's because it packs such a nicotine wallop at such a low wattage, they need to include a lot of flavour. And that causes the coils to gunk up faster. They did say to try using the 0.7 coils which might last a little longer.

So yay, my little zelos isn't so bad after all!

Reactions: Darren Baker

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I own a first gen nautilus (which i've heard are knowned to leak), i had the same thing at first went fine and dandy loved it,until it started to leak non stop. After doing lots and lots of youtube/google searches i've found that the coil was one of the culprit : tighten it down until it won't budge,not over tighten the tank (top and bottom parts) i've left some loose in both piece and when i refilled it screw the bottom on hand tighten it until it won't turn or gets difficult to turn. Since then i've had 0 issues with it. No idea if this is worth for the zelos but that's what i had.

Reactions: stols001

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Thanks Miramooke, it is deffo on the top of my list of kits to possibly get. I found this one on sale. Aspire Zelos 50W TC Kit emailed the supplier to see how long the sale lasts as i will be going around my local b&m on monday just to see whats about.

Nice price :thumb: Not seen it less than £44.99 before.

It's £49.99 at the 'official' shop, but they can kiss my derriere. I hate that shop with an unstoppable enthusiasm. :eek:

Throughandthrough

Sep 6, 2017
I had the zelos till today when the button completely fried out.... but had problems with it from the begining at 12 watts I was going through 2 coils a week or more at 1.8 and with the .7s they lasted maybe 5 days. Was given an 40w I leaf for temp use and it's working 10x better than the zelos ever did.. and I'm using the nautilus 2 that came with the zelos. BTW I only had the zelos for a month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread