Leaking aspire zelos

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hmm... can't say I ever had issues with the Nautlius 2, but I was pretty careful with it. No overfilling, the coil does need to be tightened down, but everything else, not too tight. I'm fond of my zelos mod but I really only use it as a backup. No issues so far, but it always amazes me how different these tanks can be. I know there are a lot of nautilus original fans and I got one for a great price and initially thought it was a clone (so pretty, though) but it wasn't, it just leaked like a sieve. Since I preferred the vape on the N2 anyway, I didn't do much trouble shooting, but I guess everyone's different...

Good luck with what you try next, if you can't get the issue resolved. :)

Anna

Reactions: Trigster

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
It's 50/50, it's a tart berry flavour so not too sweet. Very pale yellow in colour.

I tried a 70vg/30pg and got a lot of dry hits. I think it's too thick.

The coils are legit, from a good local store and I've gone through a couple boxes. All are about the same. I asked them and they kind of said it's normal that the coil experience declines so sharply and things I've read online support that.

I like it but I am shopping around for something else. At this point I'm not spending all that much less than I did when I smoked. That's a big part of my motivation to not smoke.

I'll update after I visit the store tomorrow. If they help fix this problem I'll probably be more positive about it. Right now I'm just annoyed and frustrated.
I was using the original nautilus before, and every single coil i had in it lasted at least 2 weeks with 50/50 juices. That tart flavor could be sweeter than you think. It doesn't need to taste sweet to be made with sweetener.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I actually am starting to think that bigger tanks are more forgiving of sweet juices, or something! I find my coils last longer in my Kabuki, and while the air design is I guess "revolutionary" or something, I still have my airflow pretty tight indeed, and at first, I was amazed that I couldn't kill a coil. I even put coco in it (my darkest, sweetest juice) to see what would happen, and it didn't die almost instantaneously, like it would have in the N2. I'm pleased to get bigger coil life given the cost of the tank! It's only 3 ml compared to 2 ml, but I do think there is something to coil life when you have a bigger tank and there's more "juice" to get heated up, I notice even when chain vaping in the a.m., my tank gets nowhere near as hot, and that seems to be consistent over time. I think the 2 ml TPD compliant tanks may not be the best for coil life, or for heat, especially MTL tanks. I think if the N2 were bigger it might benefit users a great deal..... But, it's just a theory so far. I've ordered a Kabuki clone for my backup tank and for more flavors during the day, and I'm interested to see how it will perform as well!

Anna

Reactions: Trigster

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Yeah, even if you ask if it has sweetner in it they will say no because they didn't put any in but the flavour itself already has sweetner like TFA Cotton Candy is 10% sweetner. If they used FW Sweet Tart as the tart flavour I know that gunks up coils fast. I do everything DIY and anything with sweetner I change cotton every 3-4 days and its black even with clear juices. Without sweetner 2 weeks later they are only slightly golden brown under the coil and you can tell a huge difference when you go to dry burn them too.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I love the Zelos kit. The tank is great, as far as a non-RTA. The mod has enough power to last me over 2 days, and is very small, comfortable, and ergonomic. Controls are easy to use. I recommend it, and haven't had problems. The reason for the upside down fill is that you're creating pressure when closing the top. When it's upright, that will force juice into the side holes of the coil, and oversaturate it. On refills, I always close the airflow first, then press the button for a second or two before drawing on it, and it burns off the excess juice.

Oh, but the coils in the tank never lasted much longer than 3 days for me, either...it's why I rebuild now. I'm a tightwad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread