What's the difference between atomizers and cartomizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinhvanhoa

Aug 17, 2012
durham,nc
Sorry to ask a newbie question but, I am in fact new to e-cigarette world.
I've just got Vapage VmodXL. When I placed the order on line, someone actually suggested that I'd rather order atomizers (1.5 ohm) together.
As I received the package, however, I realized that a 2.2 ohm silo cartomizer and a 2.0 ohm Hybrid BF atomizer are included, and the 2.2 ohm silo cartomizer is assembled to VmodXl upon arrival.

As a first time user, I am pretty much confused about which/how to use this cartomizer or atomizer.

In fact, I am now using the default (2.2 ohm cartomizer) one but it turned out that vaping is a bit weak.

My first question is which one I should use for vaping.

I have two e-liquids; one is First Strike (probably Lucky strike flavor) and the other is Tobacco.
And, currently testing First Strike.

The second question is whether I could you the same cartomizer or atomizer for the different e-liquid.
Is it ok?

Thanks for your generous help in advance.

hjalte81

Nov 19, 2010
Denmark
The second question is whether I could you the same cartomizer or atomizer for the different e-liquid.
Is it ok?

If you are dripping into the atomizer, then YES, you can vape a varity af juices on it, but with cartomizers, the old taste tend to stick a bit longer (very strong flavors will be very hard to get rid of)...

Personally I really don't worry that much about it... Some tastes work really bad together, but most often, the old taste goes away after a refill or two...

Just my 2c

hollyd

Apr 21, 2012
Caldwell
Sorry to ask a newbie question but, I am in fact new to e-cigarette world.
I've just got Vapage VmodXL. When I placed the order on line, someone actually suggested that I'd rather order atomizers (1.5 ohm) together.
As I received the package, however, I realized that a 2.2 ohm silo cartomizer and a 2.0 ohm Hybrid BF atomizer are included, and the 2.2 ohm silo cartomizer is assembled to VmodXl upon arrival.

As a first time user, I am pretty much confused about which/how to use this cartomizer or atomizer.

In fact, I am now using the default (2.2 ohm cartomizer) one but it turned out that vaping is a bit weak.

My first question is which one I should use for vaping.

I have two e-liquids; one is First Strike (probably Lucky strike flavor) and the other is Tobacco.
And, currently testing First Strike.

Is it ok?

Thanks for your generous help in advance.

The difference between cartos and attys is really quite apparent with just looking into them. The cartos have a filler that will hold juice in it for the atty to heat up and vape. The atty is just that.. an atty. You have to continually put juice onto the atty to vape.. "direct dripping".
Now, how it all relates to your situation I am not sure. You bought a bottom feed unit and I really don't have any experience with them. I do know that it will hold a bottle of juice and has a tube/needle to feed the carto or atty. When you need more juice.. you just squeeze the bottle to feed it up. I really think that the same principle should apply with the cartos and attys... in other words the juice would have to be fed more often to the atty where as the carto would hold a certain amount of juice.

I hope this helps. I am new here to ECF. I am a frequent at ECA and thought I would see what it's like over here. Not a complete Newb here... vaping for just over 6 months now. I hope that some of the things that I have learned can help others to get smoke free and happily vaping!;)

kinhvanhoa

Aug 17, 2012
durham,nc
If you are dripping into the atomizer, then YES, you can vape a varity af juices on it, but with cartomizers, the old taste tend to stick a bit longer (very strong flavors will be very hard to get rid of)...

Personally I really don't worry that much about it... Some tastes work really bad together, but most often, the old taste goes away after a refill or two...

Just my 2c

Thanks. Actually, mine has a liquid bottle attached to the vaporizer. So I have replace a bottle with another if I want to vape a different one. Since my two liquids are both tobacco flavor ones, I will try it out then.

kinhvanhoa

Aug 17, 2012
durham,nc
The difference between cartos and attys is really quite apparent with just looking into them. The cartos have a filler that will hold juice in it for the atty to heat up and vape. The atty is just that.. an atty. You have to continually put juice onto the atty to vape.. "direct dripping".
Now, how it all relates to your situation I am not sure. You bought a bottom feed unit and I really don't have any experience with them. I do know that it will hold a bottle of juice and has a tube/needle to feed the carto or atty. When you need more juice.. you just squeeze the bottle to feed it up. I really think that the same principle should apply with the cartos and attys... in other words the juice would have to be fed more often to the atty where as the carto would hold a certain amount of juice.

I hope this helps. I am new here to ECF. I am a frequent at ECA and thought I would see what it's like over here. Not a complete Newb here... vaping for just over 6 months now. I hope that some of the things that I have learned can help others to get smoke free and happily vaping!;)

Thank you for the reply. I probably could find an answer somewhere else in this forum though. Does "ohm" make a significant different in vaping? I've heard that it is related to the battery capacity and performance but I am not quite sure if it directly affects the amount of vapor. Thank you so much!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread