What's Your Best DIY Recipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

paddymx

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2012
Asheboro,NC
Just found this thread. Keep'em coming.

I don't play well with drops and ml's so I really like the recipes using %'s. My mind goes blank when I see things like:

60PG/40VG 6mg Nic to make 15mls.

0.9ml Nicotine Liquid 10%/100mg
6.96ml PG
4.14ml VG
0.75ml .........
0.75ml Ch.......... .

This is not to say it ain't right, but, I just can't compute!!! I speak the language of ejuicemeup.

Either a screen shot or a simple format works best for me.

Ratio/strength: 60/40 x mg
x% ( Vendor ) flavor one
y% ( Vendor ) flavor two
z% ( Vendor ) flavor........
x drops per y ml.( depending on your dropper of course)

Note: most recipes here are close, that's why I prefer this thread to others!

I've only been DYIing for 8 months and have yet to figure out the "sweet spot" for any particular flavor. Haven't given up but a very tough ride.
But as with everything in vaping, whatever works for you is the right way!

Thanks to everyone posting. Every recipe is food for thought, even if I don't get it!
hurt_zps611837e8.gif

Last edited:

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
Just found this thread. Keep'em coming.

I don't play well with drops and ml's so I really like the recipes using %'s. My mind goes blank when I see things like:

60PG/40VG 6mg Nic to make 15mls.

0.9ml Nicotine Liquid 10%/100mg
6.96ml PG
4.14ml VG
0.75ml .........
0.75ml Ch.......... .

This is not to say it ain't right, but, I just can't compute!!! I speak the language of ejuicemeup.

Either a screen shot or a simple format works best for me.

Ratio/strength: 60/40 x mg
x% ( Vendor ) flavor one
y% ( Vendor ) flavor two
z% ( Vendor ) flavor........
x drops per y ml.( depending on your dropper of course)

Note: most recipes here are close, that's why I prefer this thread to others!

I've only been DYIing for 8 months and have yet to figure out the "sweet spot" for any particular flavor. Haven't given up but a very tough ride.
But as with everything in vaping, whatever works for you is the right way!

Thanks to everyone posting. Every recipe is food for thought, even if I don't get it!
hurt_zps611837e8.gif

Yea, I feel you on that as well. The drops measuring just doesn't come out right. 20 drops per mil doesn't seem to be right... I wish it was because making small batches all the time is hard to measure a percentage of such a small about of flavor with a pipette.

I always use flavors from liberty flights, they sell flavour arts and perfumes apprentice in the same kind of bottles... wish I knew the real drops per mil. I guess I can do some tests

:: sent from android with tapatalk ::

paddymx

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2012
Asheboro,NC
Yea, I feel you on that as well. The drops measuring just doesn't come out right. 20 drops per mil doesn't seem to be right... I wish it was because making small batches all the time is hard to measure a percentage of such a small about of flavor with a pipette.

I always use flavors from liberty flights, they sell flavour arts and perfumes apprentice in the same kind of bottles... wish I knew the real drops per mil. I guess I can do some tests

:: sent from android with tapatalk ::
Thanks, I was afraid I might have come off as offensive! Didn't want to do that! You could start testing for drops, but, I think there are to many variables for me. Dropper size, liquid density, dropper bulb pressure and did I mis count??? After all, my goal is to be able to make it again after I've found it.

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
Quick question. All of Flavor West's flavors recommend - "Usage Rate .25 to .50" -, I can't find out what this means. Anyone?

Thanks,
Dana

My question to Jason at DIY Juice...
Jason, can you help me here a bit on your flavoring rates. On your site it states a usage rate of .25 to .50. Surely this is not ¼ to ½%. What is it? Is it ¼ to ½ ml for 10ml? That don’t sound right either. Can you clue me in as to what is meant by .25 to .50?

Jason's response...
For E-Juice I would mix the flavoring in around 15%.

The rates they list on the site are for flavoring foods. Hope this straightens that out for you Moses.

paddymx

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2012
Asheboro,NC
what does the % means? What does steeping means?

"%" means percent. In DIY it means the % of flavoring to use in your mix AND the ratio 60/40 (60%PG : 40%VG) of PG and VG in your mix.
Steeping is letting your mix sit un used for a period of time to allow the flavors to fully mix(blend).

Last edited:

Moses195

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2013
New Mexico
Thanks Wally! I'm sure I searched a lot for this answer.

Dana

My question to Jason at DIY Juice...
Jason, can you help me here a bit on your flavoring rates. On your site it states a usage rate of .25 to .50. Surely this is not ¼ to ½%. What is it? Is it ¼ to ½ ml for 10ml? That don’t sound right either. Can you clue me in as to what is meant by .25 to .50?

Jason's response...
For E-Juice I would mix the flavoring in around 15%.

The rates they list on the site are for flavoring foods. Hope this straightens that out for you Moses.

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
Thanks Wally! I'm sure I searched a lot for this answer.

Dana

You are quite welcome Moses. I usually end up between 12 and 16% depending on the flavors. If this is your first time trying Flavor West try it at 10% and creep up if that doesn't suit you. Some folks end up near 20%, it's all up to your taste buds.

Moses195

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2013
New Mexico
Wally, I only have 1 FW flavor, Virginia Fire Cured. About 4 months ago I started with 4 drops into 4ml. Steeping about 2 weeks and adding 4 drops. I'm at 24 drops into 4ml and I think thats close to 20%. Not really tobacco-ey flavor yet. Somewhat but not strong. I starting thinking I went too far but at 4 drops every 2-4 weeks I couldn't have.

Dana

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
Wally, I only have 1 FW flavor, Virginia Fire Cured. About 4 months ago I started with 4 drops into 4ml. Steeping about 2 weeks and adding 4 drops. I'm at 24 drops into 4ml and I think thats close to 20%. Not really tobacco-ey flavor yet. Somewhat but not strong. I starting thinking I went too far but at 4 drops every 2-4 weeks I couldn't have.

Dana

Flavor West Tobacco's are one thing I never purchased. Have tons of other flavors though.
Very Strange that you are that high and still nothing. Maybe you got a bad bottle. Happens occasionally. Seems to me most all tobacco's from various vendors are all at in the 2 to 5% range. It's hard to believe theirs would be this far off that mark. Hopefully someone who has tried the Flavor West Virginia Fire Cured, or any of their tobacco's, can enlighten you.

Violet Roseberry!

This so far has been one of my best. Honestley is doesnt taste as floral as you might think. I think the rasberry balances it all out. Kinda reminds me of vape united's Blu water. Just a tad sweeter. Last batch I did I added a couple(2) to 10ml drops of LA blueberry and it seemed to improve it even more. It tastes pretty wonderful. Give it a shot! Yum!!

7% TFA violet candy
2% FA rose
2% TFA rasberry sweet
2% EM
1% of this organic vanilla Stevia I use sometimes. 1 to 2 drops per 10ml

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I started this at 2% and tasted it immediately. Tastes smokey, flavor develops with steeping. Right now it's at 13 days. The smokiness has mellowed a bit. It's ok. To me, it's more of a mixer flavor for tobaccos than something I'd use alone. Not sure what 4 drops per ML translates to... but maybe it's too much?? What blend of base PG/VG are you using?

Dana

Ta2ooz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
Langley B.C. Canada
Hi everybody, I also am very new to the DIY thing, I don't think I have a very good palate for sweet, I have been working like mad to find a vanilla style ADV I picked up some big heart French vanilla in Texas and some vanilla from Spokane super sauce in Washington. Both of these were awesome. That being said I am trying to find a replacement. Sorry I'm rambling about nothing. Just wanted to thank y'all for an awesome thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread