When to replace coil unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPChamp1

May 12, 2012
San Pedro, CA
Hey guys,

Ive been vaping for a little over a week now. I have a Tabac Bottom Coil Clearomizer (It looks like a Kanger T3). Outside of the coil unit completely failing, how do you know when to replace the coils. I noticed today a distinct difference in the operation of the coil I am using. I have to draw harder and the vapor production, while still there, is significantly less. I also notice that the taste of my juice is different.

What are some tell tale signs that the coil needs to be replaced.

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
Hey guys,

Ive been Vaping for a little over a week now. I have a Tabac Bottom Coil Clearomizer (It looks like a Kanger T3). Outside of the coil unit completely failing, how do you know when to replace the coils. I noticed today a distinct difference in the operation of the coil I am using. I have to draw harder and the vapor production, while still there, is significantly less. I also notice that the taste of my juice is different.

What are some tell tale signs that the coil needs to be replaced.

I think you just listed them

Been using the Kanger T3's for acouple of weeks now on acouple of diffrent juices, the darker juices seemed to gunk up faster than lighter juices as to be expected...Last night I took acouple of the heads and soaked them in Everclear for a few hours. Let them dry overnight and tried one this morning...Works like new... Live Good and Vape on

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked
Hmmm. As your symtoms def point to a coil replacement, your unit just may need to be cleaned but a bit more info should be introduced such as, what battery and volts? What is your juice pg/vg value? Are you a moderate or heavy user? I'm not completely sure of what you mean that the outside of the coil is failing.
Thanks!

SPChamp1

May 12, 2012
San Pedro, CA
Thanks for the responses so far

@idaholandho - I'm using an eGo Twist, I usually keeps the volts on this liquid, right around 3.6-3.8. The clearomizer in question has Vaping Monkey's Monkey Cream. I'm not sure what the pg/vg ratio is on it. I dont know if they use a standard blend on their juices. I would say I am a moderate user, although I do have times when I find myself chain vaping.

The comment about the coil failing, I meant the unit stopping working completely.

ToeCutter

Dec 17, 2010
Australia
I get a maximum of two, maybe 2.5 days from a T3 bottom coil (mine are "Tabac"). The Tabac's can be a bit hit and miss, but are generally okay in my experience. I do not try to clean them - just chuck them out. I keep reading of folks who get one month, two months off an atty/clearo/carto etc.. I don't even come close, and never have. Think I had a stardust v2 I was happy with for about 6 days once, and that's my "record".. <sigh>

In any case, to give some advice regarding the post immediately above, I have blown about 90% of my coils in the last three years at the time of the first battery press of a freshly charged ego battery. Seems that straight off the charger, there's some kind of "surge" that likes to blow coils. My solution is to simply press the battery button one or two times before attaching the atty/clearo/carto to the newly charged battery. As I said, 90% of the coils I've ever blown are in this first pulse of a fully charged battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread