• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Where do you buy from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yohvn

Jan 31, 2015
Seoul, Korea
Hi all

As the title asks, where do you all buy your stuff? From batteries to juice to mods?
The Korean sites I've found seem to all be overpriced..
I usually order from fasttech but I am currently looking to buy the sigelei mini 30w but am having trouble finding it.

Also although I've not had problems with fasttech, are there any customs dangers I should be aware of when ordering from outside Korea?

Thanks for the help!

alljokingaside

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2015
Busan, Korea
The only customs danger I'm aware of is nicotine. Any liquid (or product too, I'm guessing [eg nic gum]) with any amount of nicotine can be taxed at 600 W/mL. I've just shipped my entire starter vape kit (estimating like 8 different orders) with no issues whatsoever. I also had some e-liquid sent in too (before I was aware of the nicotine tax) and it passed w/o issue. Guess I was lucky.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Just don't ship anything via DHL. Often it will get through but they have a habit of holding up shipments in Korea asking for nonsense like computer screen shots of your original invoice and permission documents with your passport and ARC numbers. If it gets held up it's more likely to be flagged for inspection by customs. It just happened this last week to me on a single $25 atomizer from HKG. They held it for a week in Incheon until I realized something was wrong. No notification from them it was being held. Better to send by airmail or EMS courier where possible.

Last edited:

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
Hey, I've decided to get the vapor flask dna 40 clone from 3fvape after reading through so many good things about it in a thread here. Personally, I think the dna 40 clone chip is made from the same 'recipe' as the original evolv chip, but that's besides the point for now.

I'm ordering that, along with nickel wire, a lemo drop and a hobo rda clone for juice testing and the occasional cloud chasing. The total is about $130 with free shipping. Should I expect any problems with customs? It's all under 150,000 won

Last edited:

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Hey, I've decided to get the vapor flask dna 40 clone from 3fvape after reading through so many good things about it in a thread here. Personally, I think the dna 40 clone chip is made from the same 'recipe' as the original evolv chip, but that's besides the point for now.

I'm ordering that, along with nickel wire, a lemo drop and a hobo rda clone for juice testing and the occasional cloud chasing. The total is about $130 with free shipping. Should I expect any problems with customs? It's all under 150,000 won

Seeing how 3fvape is based in China I would imagine they are well aware of how to declare things for international shipments. Shouldn’t be any problems. The free shipping means China Post or Singapore Post so you should be good there too.

I'm curious as to why the Vapor Flask? I thought you were going to buy an authentic SX Mini? ;)

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
Lol, After a LOT of thinking and over thinking, I think the VF is more for me. I've always loved how it looks, dual batteries, and 40 watts is more than enough for me. Plus, I'm extremely intrigued by temperature control and I know I won't ever buy the sx350j whenever it comes.

And it helps that I'm convinced that the chip inside this new flask clone is genuine :p

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
This basically says "A guy from evolv went to China and gave them the dna 40 chip" and leaves no doubt that the 'cloned' vapor flasks are actually authentic. Why would anyone buy the 300 dollar authentics now?

Edit: you're right, not bad for evolv but bad for VaporFlask, hana modz and all other expensive dna 40 modders

Last edited:

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
This basically says "A guy from evolv went to China and gave them the dna 40 chip" and leaves no doubt that the 'cloned' vapor flasks are actually authentic. Why would anyone buy the 300 dollar authentics now?

Edit: you're right, not bad for evolv but bad for VaporFlask, hana modz and all other expensive dna 40 modders

No...the Chinese got a hold of an authentic DNA 40 and reverse engineered it. It leaves no doubt in my mind that the Chinese Vapor Flasks are cloned chip and all. If the Chinese Vapor Flask had an authentic DNA 40 they would certainly be advertising it as such.

Evolv knows exactly to whom they sell all their chips (serial encoded). However Evolv might have dropped the price on the DNA 40 to compete with Yihi. I expect if this is the case we will see more Chinese manufactures selling the authentic Evolv DNA 40.

Last edited:

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
I'd love to see someone do a comparison for this HBCigar chip and the clone dna 40 chip. Will you buy this APV? I'm thinking we could meet up some day and do this comparison ourselves :D

This is not to say that the clones are necessarily inferior. Sometimes it's the complete opposite. One of the videos I watched on the Vapor Flask, the one you're considering buying, actually performed better than the authentic DNA in a Vapor Shark rDNA 40. At the moment my buying preference would be for the Yihi chip sets...but that’s just me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread