Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Ya know, I don't think I have ever had but one flavor fade in taste. But this was when I was mixing the recipe. I don't know why some fade after time. Maybe as steeping goes along and the flavors get stronger or more blended it becomes too much flavor and it is no longer in our taste buds wheelhouse?

In DIY there is such a thing as too much flavor. I know it sounds weird but its true. These are cases where less does equal more. I do remember when I first started mixing my own ejuice and was trying for a good peanut butter flavor. I kept adding more flavor and it just got worse and worse. Then I read about too much flavoring and proceeded to cut the original flavoring down by adding more nic, pg and vg. The flavor came back and was very good. Since then I haven't had a flavor fade but have had the flavor become stronger in taste after aging(steeping). In those cases I also fix by adding more nic,pg and vg and ending up with twice the amount I started with.

:)

Reactions: ChelsB

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2016
North Carolina
For me, citrus flavors seem to fade quicker than others. I rarely make more than I can use up in that time frame. Sometimes when I've forgotten about a mix for longer, I'll just add a drop or two of the missing flavor to the tank if/as needed. Other times I may bump that flavor up a few %'s to allow for the fade. YMMV... :D

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I mixed up a unicorn milk recipe with strawberry ripe and it was my adv for awhile so I made a bunch of it. The strawberry ripe disappeared turning it into butter basically. I'm afraid to even try what I have sitting in the cupboard now.

If you do try it, let me know how it is. I have lots of diy uni milk and am curious how long it will last!

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
If you do try it, let me know how it is. I have lots of diy uni milk and am curious how long it will last!
Ugh. I have a 120ml jar sitting up there, I'll rewick my dripper after work and test it out - just for you. o_O I'll report back in about 6 hours.

RainSong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
That's the spirit, take one for the team![emoji106][emoji122]
Ok, first thing is this was all very subjective. Perhaps strawberry flavoring, or TFA strawberry ripe in particular, just isn't ringing my bell anymore. I'd have to test that hypothesis with more strawberry flavors. I had 4 samples.

#1 and #2 were mixed 1/2/17 in a 120ml Boston round and rebottled into 30ml Boston rounds 10ish days later. The first 75ish mls were delicious. Into the third bottle things took a turn for the yuck. Sample #1 was a half full bottle from that mixing session and it was blah. Butter. The full bottle, #2, wasn't quite as bad but I wouldn't vape it by choice.

#3 is 120ml in a small mason jar mixed 1/6/17. It was... ok. Not great, not pure butter. Still wouldn't choose it.

#4 is 30ml I mixed 1/22/17 when I received my sample of Nude Nicotine. It was the best of the bunch but still kinda blah.

When my palette went on strawberry strike I started mixing rhodonite, which is a raspberry macaroon flavor, and that is just delicious. Also bought some Cinnamon Toast Crunch from the B&M that I absolutely love. I think I just need to avoid strawberry for awhile.

You owe me a beer to wash this taste out of my mouth ;):toast:

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Ok, first thing is this was all very subjective. Perhaps strawberry flavoring, or TFA strawberry ripe in particular, just isn't ringing my bell anymore. I'd have to test that hypothesis with more strawberry flavors. I had 4 samples.

#1 and #2 were mixed 1/2/17 in a 120ml Boston round and rebottled into 30ml Boston rounds 10ish days later. The first 75ish mls were delicious. Into the third bottle things took a turn for the yuck. Sample #1 was a half full bottle from that mixing session and it was blah. Butter. The full bottle, #2, wasn't quite as bad but I wouldn't vape it by choice.

#3 is 120ml in a small mason jar mixed 1/6/17. It was... ok. Not great, not pure butter. Still wouldn't choose it.

#4 is 30ml I mixed 1/22/17 when I received my sample of Nude Nicotine. It was the best of the bunch but still kinda blah.

When my palette went on strawberry strike I started mixing rhodonite, which is a raspberry macaroon flavor, and that is just delicious. Also bought some Cinnamon Toast Crunch from the B&M that I absolutely love. I think I just need to avoid strawberry for awhile.

You owe me a beer to wash this taste out of my mouth ;):toast:

Wow, thanks for the detailed information! Very interesting results. I'm wondering if I'm having a similar issue. I used to love all kinds of strawberry and lately nothing strawberry tastes good, no matter if it's strawberry milk, strawberry with fruits (especially watermelon) or straight strawberry, it doesn't taste good to me.
I definitely owe you a cold one![emoji481]

Reactions: RainSong

RainSong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Wow, thanks for the detailed information! Very interesting results. I'm wondering if I'm having a similar issue. I used to love all kinds of strawberry and lately nothing strawberry tastes good, no matter if it's strawberry milk, strawberry with fruits (especially watermelon) or straight strawberry, it doesn't taste good to me.
I definitely owe you a cold one![emoji481]
#1 and #2 went to live down the drain. #3 and #4 I'll revisit after a bit before I decide if they go down the drain too. Every bottle of DIY is certainly a learning experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread