2-stage mixing

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I just learned a great trick from a video about lemon flavors. Some of the better ones fade quickly but are worth using, so what do you do when you are also using bakery flavors (lemon meringue pie, lemon cookies) The mix needs to steep but then the lemon fades. The trick is to mix all the other flavors except the "special" lemon that fades, then after steeping awhile, you finally add that lemon. Best of both worlds! Anyone tried doing this? The example they used was FA Lemon Sicily.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yup happens all the time. If you want more specific info go to the great DIY thread for more specific stuff.

Lemon fading is good for me though, I don't like strong lemon.

You can also make what are called "Stones" of a steeped flavor you use often, and then add in the other flavors after your stone is steeped. It's a bit more efficient because some of the longer steeping stuff is like, already ready. Etc.

I have a Bavarian cream stone that stuff takes forever to mature. Etc.

Anna

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Thank you Anna. Don't laugh (actually do) but the only lemon I have is TFA and it's weak, bland and fades to quickly. I'm going to make the Lemon Meringue Pie everyone talks about and so looking forward to trying the better lemon flavors.
Hey, on a sidenote... also watched a video about cherry flavors. Yes, they agreed most suck! They said the best one was RF Wild Cherry... have you tried that?

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
No most emphatically I have not. Artificial cherry IMHO as I have said, is only created for torturing children when they are sick, and the only reason they make new flavors is so the kids don't get used to the ick.

I mean I brush my mouth and dental implants with STRAGHT concentrated bleach (this is dentist approved and boy does it work,.)

I then waterpik with like, a bleach mixture. I have come to LOVE the taste. If I ever try to die, it might be by drinking bleach. I'm not in the mood or anything I am just saying.

I am also saying those who Love the Cherry must have been robotrippers as teens. I mean, I single no one out, but like, if someone goes on about a lovely cherry, I go "I bet you shoplifted a TON when you were a kid in the drug store," Mentally I do this.

The only cherry I like are fresh ones of the tree and if you can climb it to do so that is even better.

I have NO CLUE why cherry flavoring sucks so bad but it must be impossible. Something.

Anna

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I just learned a great trick from a video about lemon flavors. Some of the better ones fade quickly but are worth using, so what do you do when you are also using bakery flavors (lemon meringue pie, lemon cookies) The mix needs to steep but then the lemon fades. The trick is to mix all the other flavors except the "special" lemon that fades, then after steeping awhile, you finally add that lemon. Best of both worlds! Anyone tried doing this? The example they used was FA Lemon Sicily.

I think most experienced DIYers have been doing this for awhile now. It’s something I picked up here and on other sites/videos. I make all my lemon juices that need steeping this way now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread