Which Mg to pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggon

May 9, 2015
Hello!

Okay, I went to a local e-cig store and they had a whole wall of juices to choose from. I get all the different flavors and that's personal preference but about the nicotine Mg.... If I'm a regular smoker what strategy would you suggest if I want to get into vaping and gradually lower my nicotine intake? Whats a good Mg to start with?

Thank You!

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
Make your best guess but be prepared to adjust it up or down. I started at 18 because I smoke 1-1/2 pks a day. But nobody counted on me chain vaping like a fiend because I wanted a cig so bad. So I OD'd on nicotine, got sweats, headaches... stepped down to 12 and all was good.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Good advice from all the above :) I've been vaping exclusively for about 14 months now, and I'm on about 9mg in tanks and 6mg in a dripper.

I DIY, so I can make whatever level I need. I was about a PAD smoker, and more than 12mg for me was too much. YMMV. You'll know what's too much or too little. As others mention, you might want a couple different levels available, just in case you need the extra oompf

Welcome!

Reactions: Ziggon

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
Make your best guess but be prepared to adjust it up or down. I started at 18 because I smoke 1-1/2 pks a day. But nobody counted on me chain vaping like a fiend because I wanted a cig so bad. So I OD'd on nicotine, got sweats, headaches... stepped down to 12 and all was good.

And I started at 18 because I smoked 1 1/2 PAD, but had to go up to 26 to completely stop smoking. I think that the 40+ years f smoking may have had something to do with that, but the moral of the story is we're all different, and whatever you do when starting out don't buy a lot of any one strength or flavor until you know what works for you.

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
All great advice. When you find a flavor you like, consider buying it in three different nic levels. You can always mix them to adjust to exactly the right level for you. Remember, the object of this game is to do whatever it takes to get off and stay off analogs (assuming that's your objective :)). Best of luck to you!

Ziggon

May 9, 2015
All great advice. When you find a flavor you like, consider buying it in three different nic levels. You can always mix them to adjust to exactly the right level for you. Remember, the object of this game is to do whatever it takes to get off and stay off analogs (assuming that's your objective :)). Best of luck to you!

Yes Thanks you! I was thinking about trying mixes of different levels and such. Thank you all for the feedback. Very helpful.

Reactions: vapeshell

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
I was a 1-2PAD 35year smoker.. I started with 18 and 20mg/ml juice. I years latter I am vaping at 10mg/ml. I have always from day one vaped at 1.5-2.4ohms. using 29-32awg wire. Vaping at 12watts or less.

Now, I do have a Geni tank and a dripper that are setup for subohm vaping, which I run using twisted wires. I use zero nic juice to dilute the nic when I vape from these atty's. Usually down to 3mg/ml or so..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread