• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Which RTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftHandMan

Feb 4, 2016
It all depends on whether you prefer single or dual coil.

Personally im a very lazy person, so i always do single coil. Just got a serpent mini ytd and i got the say the flavour coming from it is super amazing.

I would suggest avocado 24 as it serves as a RDTA and you can choose to build either single or dual coil. Flavour on the avocado is amazing as well.

EvansVape

Jun 2, 2016
It all depends on whether you prefer single or dual coil.

Personally im a very lazy person, so i always do single coil. Just got a serpent mini ytd and i got the say the flavour coming from it is super amazing.

I would suggest avocado 24 as it serves as a RDTA and you can choose to build either single or dual coil. Flavour on the avocado is amazing as well.
Serpent Mini. End of story.

Thanks for the advices guys! Guess i made up my mind HAHAHAHAHA

Reactions: trippy_K82

bravobravoquebec

Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Pandora
I have all three.. The theorem, avocado 24 and serpent mini. The theorem and avocado is more alike compared to the serpent mini being genesis typed tanks and has really high airflow. The Serpent mini is a conventional RTA but has a much bigger build deck allowing for even clapton coils up to 3mm diameter or maybe more, the serpent mini would be more for a restricted lung hit or mouth to lung, the flavor is pretty great. The avocado 24 would be the best in terms of flavor out of the three IMHO, if you have a single batt mod and don't wish to use bigger gauge coils, the serpent mini would be your best bet. If you plan to do double instagram worthy coils then the avocado 24 would be perfect. The theorem is kinda a middle ground in terms of size and flavor between the avocado 24 and serpent mini. I think all three are good, really depends on what you are looking for.

trippy_K82

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2016
I keep hearing good things about Serpent Mini. I can't seem to make it work well tho. 1.2ohm, 28awg Kanthal, 2.5mm 6 wraps. The flavor is muted at 14-15 watts that I'm usually at. Guess I have much to learn.
maybe your wattage too low? at 14-15 watts i can't taste anything much either, but slowly push it up to above 20W.. and taste the magic..

i'm using 26G, 2.5mm, twisted, 6 wraps at 25W on mine.

Imperialchugger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2015
River End
I keep hearing good things about Serpent Mini. I can't seem to make it work well tho. 1.2ohm, 28awg Kanthal, 2.5mm 6 wraps. The flavor is muted at 14-15 watts that I'm usually at. Guess I have much to learn.

maybe you would want to lower your wire gauge to go subohm? that way you can increase your wattage and probably get a better taste. some juices only unlock at higher power.

bravobravoquebec

Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Pandora
I'm running it double coil, If you wick the cotton just a tad longer you can use it as a RDA. I usually get around 6-7 drags out of it before it starts to taste muted by just saturating the cotton and as u said I usually use it before filling the tank to test flavors. Although TBH if you were gonna go that way a tsunami 24 might be better for you, much lesser parts and higher airflow.

sgcloudchaser

Jun 14, 2016
thanks guys for the input, I was thinking of the avocado as it is more versatile? if it can work as a dripper and be able to use with a tank, then I won't be relegating this purely to the home setup as is my protank 4 at the moment (battery hog with the vtc mini)

go with avacado 24, u wudnt regret it, built, flavour, clouds, its a 10 out 10 for everything, the only thing u need to master on is to wick it properly, which is not really a biggie , couple of trial n errors n u should be able to perfect the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread