• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Which RTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgcloudchaser

Jun 14, 2016
I'm gonna look out for an Avocado 24...

Finally built my Theorem and I find it a bit annoying; refilling isn't as convenient as other designs.
Get it from kl. N buy two :) n thr
managed to get my avocada, Haven't tried it yet, will probably be my mini project this weekend!

So far its looking good!
Great. Looking forward to get your feedback on it.

DragonSG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Serpent mini. I'm using SS316, 24awg, 7 wraps, 3.5mm, slightly spaced coils. Make sure u wrap the leads at mid point to ensure the grub screws fully bite into the leads.

The TCR setting is crucial. Use default TCR setting of 0.00102. I've tried lower values of 0.00092, 0.00088 etc, given the steam angine/DNA 200, all give burnt taste. then I've thought perhaps it could be because different mods use different chips with different TCR characteristics. Mine's smoktech Quantum. Almost gave up when I realized, why not use its default value. The difference is night and day, the flavour now is incredible.

For the first time, I've vape something even better than Ni200. When I switch from Kanthal to Ni200, the flavour was enhanced, never did I thought it could be surpassed. With right settings, SS316 gives super clean, consistent flavour, simply unbelievable.

Last edited:

sgcloudchaser

Jun 14, 2016
Serpent mini. I'm using SS316, 24awg, 7 wraps, 3.5mm, slightly spaced coils. Make sure u wrap the leads at mid point to ensure the grub screws fully bite into the leads.

The TCR setting is crucial. Use default TCR setting of 0.00102. I've tried lower values of 0.00092, 0.00088 etc, given the steam angine/DNA 200, all give burnt taste. then I've thought perhaps it could be because different mods use different chips with different TCR characteristics. Mine's smoktech Quantum. Almost gave up when I realized, why not use its default value. The difference is night and day, the flavour now is incredible.

For the first time, I've vape something even better than Ni200. When I switch from Kanthal to Ni200, the flavour was enhanced, never did I thought it could be surpassed. With right settings, SS316 gives super clean, consistent flavour, simply unbelievable.
So much yet to learn.. You sound like a geek already... I havnt tried SS or tc at all.. Just kanthal on power mode.

sgcloudchaser

Jun 14, 2016
built a twisted 26G SS316L single coil on the Avocado earlier, and I have to say its pretty awesome so far! TC on the VTC Mini isn't working all that well though, but firing pretty well on power mode!
Pls. Pm where are you getting the ss316, wire from.. N a bit tips on what ohms n want tc settings? I want to experiment tc on ss316 heard great reviews about it.

hibiki

May 2, 2016
Found a slight problem with the Avocado, there's big leaking if not stored vertical, likelihood is that I didn't wick thick enough on the single coil build, plus, the ceramic block didn't seem too leak proof as well...

Anyone else facing the same problem?

Pls. Pm where are you getting the ss316, wire from.. N a bit tips on what ohms n want tc settings? I want to experiment tc on ss316 heard great reviews about it.

PM-ed bro

sgcloudchaser

Jun 14, 2016
Found a slight problem with the Avocado, there's big leaking if not stored vertical, likelihood is that I didn't wick thick enough on the single coil build, plus, the ceramic block didn't seem too leak proof as well...

Anyone else facing the same problem?

PM-ed bro
It does leak if you tilt it too much, if u tilt it right it does not leak at all, and yes the ceramic tile is not too tight, but it surely does the job. n u surely need to wick it thin, thick will get u dry hits. trim the ends of the wick more thinner for the juice to seep thru faster to the coil.

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
It does leak if you tilt it too much, if u tilt it right it does not leak at all, and yes the ceramic tile is not too tight, but it surely does the job. n u surely need to wick it thin, thick will get u dry hits. trim the ends of the wick more thinner for the juice to seep thru faster to the coil.

Damn. I just got myself the avocado, will get back if I'm having the same problen

On the Avocado24, I do a version of the Scottish roll and it's served me well so far. Trim the wick so it stick about 2mm into the reservoir through the juice holes. I've always done dual coil builds on this tank and my only issue to date has been bits of juice seeping out slightly from the seam where the top cap meets the collar for the air holes.
When vaping, I tilt the mod pretty much horizontal and with the mod in hand I likt to keep turning the whole thing over to keep the wick end wet.

So far no leaking at all. Maybe it's the constant movement so it hasn't got the opportunity to leak, but I'm loving this tank.

John115

Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
On the Avocado24, I do a version of the Scottish roll and it's served me well so far. Trim the wick so it stick about 2mm into the reservoir through the juice holes. I've always done dual coil builds on this tank and my only issue to date has been bits of juice seeping out slightly from the seam where the top cap meets the collar for the air holes.
When vaping, I tilt the mod pretty much horizontal and with the mod in hand I likt to keep turning the whole thing over to keep the wick end wet.

So far no leaking at all. Maybe it's the constant movement so it hasn't got the opportunity to leak, but I'm loving this tank.

Thank bro for the advice. Literally just got it today can't wait to get back to unbox. Will keep in mind

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
Thank bro for the advice. Literally just got it today can't wait to get back to unbox. Will keep in mind
Thrilled to contribute. There are lots of videos online showing you how to build this tank. I've got it loaded now and have had no drips over the last 4 days since built it.
Been in my cargo pants pocket, while I was out, with a full tank of juice. No leaks.
Dual SS316 running at 0.15ohm. Got a bit warm at 60W so put on a longer drip tip.
The more I use this tank, the more I appreciate it. Have fun with your build!
[emoji112] [emoji112] [emoji108]
73a3fd5e921fb6f1a1e37e8de6da9229.jpg

Sent from the road using Tapatalk.

John115

Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
Update on my avocado. So I tried wicking where it almost touched the bottom of the tank. Didn't worked out too well and I tried to wicking a little thinner with chemicals advice. Much better flavour I would say. Seems with the avocado less is better. And to touch on, I do have the leakage problems as well

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thrilled to contribute. There are lots of videos online showing you how to build this tank. I've got it loaded now and have had no drips over the last 4 days since built it.
Been in my cargo pants pocket, while I was out, with a full tank of juice. No leaks.
Dual SS316 running at 0.15ohm. Got a bit warm at 60W so put on a longer drip tip.

What ss316L wire You use and what tcr?
Very nice look!

Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk

Reactions: trippy_K82

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
What ss316L wire You use and what tcr?
Very nice look!

Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk
Thanks.

I shd amend the above. I was running dual parallel 26ga 316L coils that got me down to 0.15ohms.

Reactions: s.i.jerefos

Khanninnarh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2016

Beauty. May I know what drip tip is that?

Reactions: trippy_K82
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread