Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That's my thought too. Where does 44mm take you upto on the Tesla? The top band of the cage or above?

About 1/4" / 6 or 7mm above the Body of the mod.

Here is a Crumby Picture of the Tesla with a Kanger TopTank Mini.

Tesla_40w.jpg

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Can't see a nautilus X mini, just a Nautilus X - it's only 35mm which I think will be too small. The Melo 3 looks like the perfect size though so looking at that - do you have any experience with this tank, any known issues I should be aware of?
And yes, definitely want a topfill!

If you tank is Too Short, you could use it with a Heat Sink to make the Tank about 8mm Longer.

5108403-4.jpg

$1.91 Iwodevape 510 Heat Dissipation Heat Sink for Atomizers - authentic / stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

They also come in Silver.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
4ml adapter? *googles frantically*
are you in the US?

Aspire Nautilus X 4ML Replacement Kit

it's very easy to use, i have it on mine. If you do go for the nautilus X, trust me, use the 1.8 coil and no higher than the recommended wattage.

The 1.5 coil needs a chunk more power to get similar vapor, and it gives those dry hits i was talking about.

You could also try the 0.6 coil from the pockex kit , which will work fine in the X... basically you have 3 coil choices, the 0.6/1.5/1.8

the one i don't like the most is the 1.5 in this case.

Papergirl

Jun 3, 2017
are you in the US?

Aspire Nautilus X 4ML Replacement Kit

it's very easy to use, i have it on mine. If you do go for the nautilus X, trust me, use the 1.8 coil and no higher than the recommended wattage.

The 1.5 coil needs a chunk more power to get similar vapor, and it gives those dry hits i was talking about.

You could also try the 0.6 coil from the pockex kit , which will work fine in the X... basically you have 3 coil choices, the 0.6/1.5/1.8

the one i don't like the most is the 1.5 in this case.
Thanks, no I'm in the UK, but it looks like the 4ml extension is available despite TPD. Slightly leaning towards the Nautilus 2 due to the range of coils. I'm not overkeen on its design but most of it will be hidden in the Tesla. Will prob order the mod then take it a local shop and see which looks best.

FloGrown

Aug 6, 2015
Can't see a Nautilus X mini, just a Nautilus X - it's only 35mm which I think will be too small. The Melo 3 looks like the perfect size though so looking at that - do you have any experience with this tank, any known issues I should be aware of?
And yes, definitely want a topfill!
Nope you're absolutely right; it's just X, no mini lol sorry, I've looked at too many (and most had mini/nano/etc) :)
And as Vesh pointed out: the Nautilus coils that fit the Melo 3 are the Nautilus and not Naut mini coils....@Vesh thanks for clarifying! (As I should have lol)
As far as personal experience w/ the Melo tank; I'm w/ you...same vaping style and looking through reviews and suggestions for HOURS! Lol, knew 1 person that had and liked it, and I had a dif Eleaf tank that gave me good flavor and never ever leaked on me; while I'm sure there's many out there that are a lot better and a lot more expensive, eleaf is def a good daily runner worth adding to short list (IMO :) )

Reactions: Papergirl

Continuity

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
NW, UK
Why not think about getting an RTA and learning how to roll your own coils & wick? It's really not hard at all, and will save you a lot of $$$ over the cost of pre-made atomiser heads. You can also tailor the vape to exactly how you like it.

All you need to start is a spool or two of resistance wire, some organic cotton, some nail clippers and a magic blue screwdriver (to wrap around - heathens could also use a jeweller's screwdriver or whatever).

There are loads of 'How To' videos on YouTube and similar, and lots of pictorial instructions on forums like this one.

Reactions: zoiDman

Papergirl

Jun 3, 2017
Why not think about getting an RTA and learning how to roll your own coils & wick? It's really not hard at all, and will save you a lot of $$$ over the cost of pre-made atomiser heads. You can also tailor the vape to exactly how you like it.

All you need to start is a spool or two of resistance wire, some organic cotton, some nail clippers and a magic blue screwdriver (to wrap around - heathens could also use a jeweller's screwdriver or whatever).

There are loads of 'How To' videos on YouTube and similar, and lots of pictorial instructions on forums like this one.
Thanks @Continuity, I don't really feel able to do that currently but I may feel differently in the future and I'm aware that it's an option

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Thank you that info on the size is useful. I'm looking at the Triton mini but at 60mm tall plus driptip I think it might be too tall? Unfortunately no B&M where I am (UK) and shops tend to carry a limited range so need to research thoroughly before going in store to confirm!
The Triton mini is a fine tank! Loved the top fill. I preferred using the Nautilus 1.6 And 1.8 ohm coils with it. Didn't care for the Triton mini coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread