who vapes high watts? why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshonemoore

Sep 1, 2015
manchester vermont
I am still new. I have two vw mods. i got an eVic S. first, then, for out of the house I got an eleaf 50W. which i kind of prefer now.
I have found, with the flavors I have tried, that for me between 16 and 20 watts is the place to be, and that over 25 things get into another territory. I am using nautilus and delta tanks with 1.4 and 1.8 ohm atomizers.
I purchased the 50W stick for battery life and to expand my vaping experience, at least having the option to sub ohm vape and what not, though sub ohm-ing doesnt seem to fit into what i want out of vaping.

anyway, what reason does one have to vape at 30+wattages? what "is the point"? and how is it done without messing with the flavor?

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
It takes different tanks with lower ohm coils. There is a large vapor increase with "sub ohm" and a flavor increase as well. The lower you go in coil ohms the more power needed to heat the coil and vaporize the juice. You'll possibly grow into it when you're ready. I used my Nautilus for a few months before moving into the realm of sub ohms, and I still don't vape over 30 watts. I wouldn't sweat it, if you like where you're at, stick with it. A large number of people try the sub stuff and go back to where you're at.

joshonemoore

Sep 1, 2015
manchester vermont
What is the point of 50 different types of bottles water and 200 types of cola and televisions with more than one channel?
By "what is the point" I did not mean "what is the point in doing something in more than one way?"
I meant "what is the point that clearly makes this option desirable to some and how does it work without negatively impacting the vape experience, and on the contrary, enhance it. for some"

WinterQuinn

Aug 18, 2015
I began on an evic vt 60 watt TC - and began at 30 watts. Anything below that on my tanks, I feel is not enough. I know low wattage devices and configurations exist out there, but I personally wouldn't vape on them, because I just never liked the look of those devices. Now I'm on a Sigelei 150 TC device and use anywhere from 30 to 60 for my tanks, I don't think I'll ever vape at 100-150 and only got the Sigelei 150 TC because I liked the look and wanted the battery life.

Spencer87

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jakarta- Indonesia
Kay, u are using 1+ ohm coils. No reason to go above 30 because the watts will set the Volts for you and the volts will be like (just an example) 5.5V at 30 watts with a 1.5 ohm coil

now with my RDA, and a 0.35 ohm coil.... in order to get the same amount of volts going to my coil... Im going to need to up the power, because the resistance is lower... so....

I like the throat hit at lower ohms, also like the heat.
just my style.

I vape a 0.3ohm coil (Because I am an advanced vaper, and know enough about vape safety to not blow myself up, and I do not recommend you vape at that level unless you are an experienced vaper)
At about 60-80 watts depending on my mood

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Hmm, lets see, Patriot with a dual 24awg standard spiral coil on the Cartel in a Helios, 0.35 ohms, about 50watts. Doge V2 with a single 24awg/28awg Clapton at 0.5ohms on the Sig150 at 55watts. Mutation X V2 with a single fused Clapton coil 24awg/32awg at 0.34ohms on the IPV3 at 65watts. 6 RTAs all in the 1.3 to 1.8ohm range with 28awg, all set various mods, all set to 8watts, it all depends on what device the coil is in basically.

Larger wire, larger coils = larger amounts of wattage to get a decent vape with lower nicotine content for that tasty cloudy room fogging goodness =)
Smaller wire and smaller coils = lower amounts of wattage to get a different style vape with higher nicotine content and less cloudage but still good flavor =)

Reactions: Romano Cheese

joshonemoore

Sep 1, 2015
manchester vermont
Thanks, this has been helpful. I will probably not be messing around with sub ohm style anytime soon. Im already thrilled with the performance of my device. Ive just got the newbie obsession happening. its all pretty interesting. one week ago i had no idea this solution was available to and would work for me. the community is an unexpected surprise as well. not to mention i had no idea i was gaining an enjoyable hobby by quitting my rollies.

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
I've always smoked with lung hits, so I went to sub ohm pretty quickly. I vaped on a mech at .25-.3 and still wanted more so I eventually grabbed a regulated mod and started making bigger coils and going up in watts experimenting. Because I like big lung fulls of vapor, I've ended up settling at a range between 60-130watts depending on what I'm using. On my Smok TFV4 sub ohm tank, I love the vape at 70 watts, but on my Mutation Xv4 with big twisted dual coils, I need to push around 110 watts to get the dense, mildly warm vape I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread