Why does the same setup taste differently in 2 different vaporizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusie

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2017
Germany
Hi all,

I´m really wondering about the MASSIVE differences in taste between two vaporizers, even though they have absolutely the exact same setups:
- same 2,5 mm Kathal A1 coil with ~1,5 ohms (0,32 mm wire, 8 turns)
- same cotton wick
- same juice
- same controlling device and mode (watt mode, 14 Watts).

I´m not getting the huge flavour differences of my self made Mochito juice in two different attys, the one (Kayfun V5 clone) generates low sweetness and the peppermint is dominating, big thoat hit, while using the same setup in the Skyline clone I get massive sweetness and peppermint is way in the background, smaller throat hit... I´ve never thought there would be such massive differences. OK, I´m aware that the airflow and chimney size do have an influence on vape density and taste, but IMHO the MAIN part of the vapes aroma is generated by heating up the juice in the coil which is exactly the same in both...

K.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I vape many different rebuildable rta's every day and everyone is definitely different. Like mentioned above, chimney size, chimney top tube different diameters and lenghts I think are the main reasons and the way airflow is directed through the atty

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eskie

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Hi all,

I´m really wondering about the MASSIVE differences in taste between two vaporizers, even though they have absolutely the exact same setups:
- same 2,5 mm Kathal A1 coil with ~1,5 ohms (0,32 mm wire, 8 turns)
- same cotton wick
- same juice
- same controlling device and mode (watt mode, 14 Watts).

I´m not getting the huge flavour differences of my self made Mochito juice in two different attys, the one (Kayfun V5 clone) generates low sweetness and the peppermint is dominating, big thoat hit, while using the same setup in the Skyline clone I get massive sweetness and peppermint is way in the background, smaller throat hit... I´ve never thought there would be such massive differences. OK, I´m aware that the airflow and chimney size do have an influence on vape density and taste, but IMHO the MAIN part of the vapes aroma is generated by heating up the juice in the coil which is exactly the same in both...

K.

It never ceases to amaze me how different the same juice can taste across different devices and tanks!

Kusie

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2017
Germany
There are a multitude of factors, discussed at length in this thread
Thank you for this link, very interresting read indeed!

Also thanks to all the other people who responded, will try that left hand trick for sure! ;)

On a sidenote, it also amazes me how vape clouds (in opposite to smoke) seem to "stick together" and are "sucked out" of my car window almost in "one piece"... LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread