Status
Not open for further replies.

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
Some folks eat at McDonald's and love it, and could care less how their food is plated, or what ingredients, natural or otherwise, are used in their food, it's quick, cheap and fills the belly just fine.

Other folks pursue gastronomic experiences and fine wine, and enjoy the artistic nuance of a well plated serving, where eating is both a visual and tasteful experience

It's the same in vaping, the nuance of temperature control may just not appeal to one who just likes constant power, no muss, no fuss; and can't feel the difference of temperature or air pressure that affects vaping, so wouldn't see any benefit in the control TC has these variances.

To each their own.

Last edited:

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
It's not only, or even primarily, about avoiding dry hits. Tc offers a way to really fine tune the vape, and to achieve a consistent vape from the start to the end of a puff, and whether one is chain vapeing or only taking a puff now and then. I'm not saying that tc is for you, I'm quite sure it's not, only that there is too much focus on the dry hits aspect (generally, this is not directed at you really Ninja).

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

You are replying to a post that was a direct reply to another post which was specifically quoted and taking it far out of context.

No need to explain why you use TC to me as it doesnt matter.
I have multiple mods with TC capability, and for me its more trouble than its worth.
I see the apeal to some vapers, and thats great.
More options are always a plus in the marketplace.
Its just not for me, as I dont have any of the issues some are claiming it "solves".

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
You are replying to a post that was a direct reply to another post which was specifically quoted and taking it far out of context.

No need to explain why you use TC to me as it doesnt matter.
I have multiple mods with TC capability, and for me its more trouble than its worth.
I see the apeal to some vapers, and thats great.
More options are always a plus in the marketplace.
Its just not for me, as I dont have any of the issues some are claiming it "solves".
As I said, it wasn't directed at you (I really tried to make that clear). It was about the focus on the dry hits aspect only, and I quoted your post as it exemplified that focus well. It wasn't so much an explanation of why I use tc (honestly, I use tc because it makes things easier).

Some people like mechs, others tc, vv, or vw. It's all fine folks, no need to get aggressive. The preferences of others aren't threats to your preference.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Reactions: Petabread

6steelstrings

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
North Carolina Triad
The bigger the clouds in their vids the more sales for the manufacturers.
It is amazing the direction this thread has taken. Actually the second post probably answered my question the best. It is all about marketing. I am not a cloud chaser (or maybe I am and I am fooling myself) but I love to see the large clouds that I can produce when I vape. To me flavor is still #1 but I do like clouds.

I tried TC a couple of weeks ago and although I like the nice smooth vape I got, it just felt weird. It definitely is a different feel and it is something that I would have to get used to before I could use TC on a regular basis.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
8b6aedd9458587dbcfe17f92e581074f.jpg

Dual 26g Nichrome parallel build at 0.28 ohms vapes great on my BFM mech..I know when it's time to re-drip and never get close to getting a dry hit....been doing it for years, without needing so called TC.. just sayin, lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
I have been vaping just about since vapes hit Australia. I have progressed to building my own coils and also squonking. I have several TC mods and just to not get the same satisfaction running in TC. I use 50/50 PG/VG. I like my MTL and with my sub ohm tanks running say a twin Alien or twin Tiger Coils I am more than satisfied at 40 -50 w without having to go to the extreems of high wattage where the paranoia of possible formaldahyde formation may occur. The clouds I generate at these settings on my mods are more than adequate for me and at times even the TV is fogged out so why do I need TC I don't

Yes I have tried the Vaporesso Ni Coils and their SS coils (Ceramic) the flavour is good but I went back to their Kanthal coils.

I also have a Smok Guardian III e-pipe and I love it. However when I started reading the user guide I also totally geeked out with all that Temperature Co-Efficent settings nonsense. WTF think I to heck with that and happily use it in watt mode. Like most, I like a good vape without having to do rocket science as to how to use it.....in a simple expression and I do not mean to be rude to any one if manufacturers want to make a good mod...."then keep it simple stupid"

Face it people how many of us have time to mess with all those settings and trying to do our heads in working them out?

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
8b6aedd9458587dbcfe17f92e581074f.jpg

Dual 26g Nichrome parallel build at 0.28 ohms vapes great on my BFM mech..I know when it's time to re-drip and never get close to getting a dry hit....been doing it for years, without needing so called TC.. just sayin, lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
spot on @smacksy who needs it?

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I see two trends. Experienced vapers may find what they like and stop there. Some newer vapers are guided by what the people around them are doing or what they think is cool. I was running my stainless builds in watts mode once in a while because of some trouble that may now be resolved. Watts mode worked, it was okay, but I'll stick with temp control. Temp control still uses watts to make power but limited by some temperature less than 650 degrees. Without temp control I doubt I would be using my older style rda exclusively.

TamJeff

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2012
United States
My biggest hurdles was with flavor and always having to buy consumable hardware. Once I got to rda's and a good utility juice that I could make myself, that was all I needed. I bought the eleaf istick 100w a year ago and have not changed the setting from 73.6w since. I have been using the same mako atty for a year with the first fused clapton I ever built, which is still going after a year of every day use. 14 drops in the atty on the way to work, 14 drops home, usually with a few puffs left when I get there. I started vaping when ego type batteries were the newest thing. After trying all the gimmicks those spawned, I was over the fiddling with things.

Every few months, I travel to NJ and hang there for a week or two and I have a stingray mech mod stashed up there that gets me by fine. I took the stingray to Ireland for 10 days and traveled all over the southern half of that country with it.

I'm not one of those people that needs to get an experience from their vices or their food or drink. It just has to work and be consistent. I'm at that point to where if it gets any better than what I am already satisfied with, I just don't need to know. As it stands, if this whole e-cig scene were to get wiped out tomorrow, I have enough hardware and mechanical know how to be supplied for life, or what's left of it. I built 8 fused claptons and now I know how the Maytag repairman felt waiting for something to break down. :D

MMcQ

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2013
Pennsylvania
Ni-200 and Ti wire.. that's why I didn't try TC at first. I have a ton of Kanthal and possible negatives to the early TC wires just didn't seem worth it to me. Now there's SS and (haha) NiChrome TC. Hmm.. could dry fire these same as Kanthal. Now I tried NiCr TC first and could never get it functioning properly, working somewhat but never really as good as I can with SS now. With SS I could break the TC function and still be good as long as wattage still worked. Seemed like an all around positive reason to try it. Don't regret it at all. Nice consistent vape and no scorching dry hits. Set the wattage you would use if you had no TC and then raise the temp to taste. Easy as VW with extra control.

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
I have enough hardware and mechanical know how to be supplied for life, or what's left of it. I built 8 fused claptons and now I know how the Maytag repairman felt waiting for something to break down. :D
You and me both, some people collect stamps I collect mods and I have enough Nic stashed in the bar fridge to last me my life time. Concentrates I can always find and you would be surprised how even concentrates are easy to make

CrazyIvan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
Atlanta
Used TC for a while and it was fine but in the end it didn't provide enough benefit to justify limiting my builds to specific devices and over-complicating the builds. I went back to VW and mech devices and couldn't be happier with my decision. TC is a novel idea, just not something I need.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Ive had tc capable mods for a few years and still vape in straight power mode. Yes It is what im used to, and vape with no worries of dry hit becuse I'm well experienced, most reviewers are also in this category.

TC to me is too anemic, its missing the punch from just throwing power at it. Plus theres too many times it doesnt put out what i want. I expect each hit to be hard. May have something to do with a little more th too.

Maybe im spoiled, if I had started with tc it would seem normal and i would not know what im missing. Lol

6steelstrings

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
North Carolina Triad
Since I first posted this question and opened this thread I decided to try TC. I did a dual coil build using SS at .18 ohms. So far I love it. I have found that I am getting great flavor a 550F, actually much more so than when I was in straight power mode. Will I vape exclusively in TC mode now? Probably not because I like to tinker and try different things. Horizontal builds, vertical builds, low ohms, really low ohms, high watts, low watts, claptons, braids, plain wire and so on. But for now I like the vape I am getting with TC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread