Why Mech mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiram13pm

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Merced, CA
I bought my first mechanical because... well, that's about all there was in the field of 'mods' at the time. I like them for a number of reasons.

They're what I know, and I resist change.

I can build them myself, if it comes to that. At this point, everything I need to put a mechanical mod together, including a home-built atty, is available for some other purpose and is pretty much "un-ban-able". Suck it, nanny-staters.

Here's a fun test you can do at home that illustrates another positive point about purely mechanical mods: hold a VV/VW/regulated mod in one hand, and a mech in the other. Try 'em both. Then, standing on a concrete floor, hold them straight out in front of yourself at arms length. Drop 'em. Pick 'em up. See which one still works.

Simple. Easy to clean, easy to repair.

Regulated mods are fine, just a different beast. Some people want a Jaguar, and don't mind it being in the shop all the time. Others, like me, want a nice reliable pick-up. Nuttin' flashy, but it hauls a lot of wood.

Thanks everyone, I honestly find mech mods pretty cool in terms of appearance, I just couldn't figure why people would use them over a regulated one, since it is not so practical. But I been watching some videos and now I realize a few people actually do this more as a hobby now in days. It was pretty interesting watching people building their own coils and getting massive clouds out of their devices. I guess mech mods and RDA bring more fun factor into vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread