Status
Not open for further replies.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
P3 - 8.8 watts, #5 Boost. nautilus 1.8 ohms. Johnson Creek Birchwood tobacco 1.6% Nic. Turning it up to 9 watts. Went to see Mad Max tonight. Sat in the back row in the corner closest to the entrance so the vapor would go that way. Shut off the LED and Display during movie.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
P3 - 8.8 watts, #5 Boost. nautilus 1.8 ohms. Johnson Creek Birchwood Tobacco 1.6% Nic. Turning it up to 9 watts. Went to see Mad Max tonight. Sat in the back row in the corner closest to the entrance so the vapor would go that way. Shut off the LED and Display during movie.
While I'm glad you like your P3...

I think it is wrong to vape in a Non-Smoking Environment.

You can go without for an hour and a half.

IMO, Jim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
While I'm glad you like your P3...

I think it is wrong to vape in a Non-Smoking Environment.

You can go without for an hour and a half.

IMO, Jim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you for your reply and opinion. I look to fellow vapers (and non-vapers) for guidance so I seriously do appreciate it and don't want you to get me wrong.

Not everything is black and white so your rule of not vaping in a non smoking environment poses some dilemmas. In Michigan, smoking in a bar (and restaurant) is illegal. A bar we visit uptown has a owner that vapes inside and they don't care if we do. Under your rule, we wouldn't be able to vape in there despite the fact that a couple of months ago we were in there, two others besides us were vaping and the owner runs around with a cig-alike hanging out of his mouth.

In the movie theatre, we purposely sit in the back row so no one has to look through a cloud to see the screen. We go one further by sitting in the corner nearest the entrance so any vapor goes that way. If it was a problem or if someone asked us not to, we wouldn't do it.

While we have gotten away from it, when we did (or they were taking a long time bringing our bill or food) in a restaurant, anything that was ever said was always positive. We've had waitress ask us what our ProVari's were, if we liked it and how good it smelled. In one restaurant out of town, the waiter apologized, said he was vaper but vaping wasn't allowed. I smiled and said, "Ok, no problem." As I said, we very rarely vape in a restaurant anyway.

I have other stories but the bottom line is if seems like it could be a uncomfortable situation, we refrain.

Btw, the movie was 2 hours, 10 minutes. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: AstroTurf

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
You proved my point how companies use the consumer as a testing base. Provape doesn't so lets move on. I'd rather pay $250.00 for a Provari which is made in the USA then spend $199.00 on a China mod.
I have provaris - v1, v2, v2.5...I sold my last P3 because the 38 upgrade (to address bugs in the system) pushed me over the edge with the archaic way the process for upgrading the firmware is handled - send in my mod and pay postage to do so while being without said mod over a week. For the price of the mod and the inconvenience of the upgrade, I found the P3 a nuisance. So your remark that provape doesn't use their paying customers as testers is a bit naive.

Reactions: ENAUD

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
I have provaris - v1, v2, v2.5...I sold my last P3 because the 38 upgrade (to address bugs in the system) pushed me over the edge with the archaic way the process for upgrading the firmware is handled - send in my mod and pay postage to do so while being without said mod over a week. For the price of the mod and the inconvenience of the upgrade, I found the P3 a nuisance. So your remark that provape doesn't use their paying customers as testers is a bit naive.
So then, A P3 that is not update able, would be your preferred device?!?

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Thank you for your reply and opinion. I look to fellow vapers (and non-vapers) for guidance so I seriously do appreciate it and don't want you to get me wrong.

Not everything is black and white so your rule of not vaping in a non smoking environment poses some dilemmas. In Michigan, smoking in a bar (and restaurant) is illegal. A bar we visit uptown has a owner that vapes inside and they don't care if we do. Under your rule, we wouldn't be able to vape in there despite the fact that a couple of months ago we were in there, two others besides us were vaping and the owner runs around with a cig-alike hanging out of his mouth.

In the movie theatre, we purposely sit in the back row so no one has to look through a cloud to see the screen. We go one further by sitting in the corner nearest the entrance so any vapor goes that way. If it was a problem or if someone asked us not to, we wouldn't do it.

While we have gotten away from it, when we did (or they were taking a long time bringing our bill or food) in a restaurant, anything that was ever said was always positive. We've had waitress ask us what our ProVari's were, if we liked it and how good it smelled. In one restaurant out of town, the waiter apologized, said he was vaper but vaping wasn't allowed. I smiled and said, "Ok, no problem." As I said, we very rarely vape in a restaurant anyway.

I have other stories but the bottom line is if seems like it could be a uncomfortable situation, we refrain.

Btw, the movie was 2 hours, 10 minutes. :)
Let one movie goer perceive it as smoke and scream fire, and you may have a different situ on your hands.

I don't enjoy other peoples Bad Breath/Vaping Exhaust Smell in a restaurant or a bar.

We All Might as well... Vape it on the curb. It is after all going to be that anyway.

Still IMO, Jim

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I sold my last P3 because the 38 upgrade (to address bugs in the system) pushed me over the edge with the archaic way the process for upgrading the firmware is handled - send in my mod and pay postage to do so while being without said mod over a week. For the price of the mod and the inconvenience of the upgrade, I found the P3 a nuisance. So your remark that provape doesn't use their paying customers as testers is a bit naive.

Provape made it clear before they started selling the P3 how it was upgradable and how they would provide themselves and authorized dealers to do the upgrades. It was no secret as it was discussed many times.

So your remark that provape doesn't use their paying customers as testers is a bit naive.

My remark was based on other threads.

Brand New Sigelei 150Watt Issues | E-Cigarette Forum

ISTICK 30W frozen? | E-Cigarette Forum

iStick 50 problems | E-Cigarette Forum

Istick 50w misfire? | E-Cigarette Forum

Mod set on fire! | E-Cigarette Forum

I'm sure the P3 you sold didn't have any of the above issues.

Reactions: AstroTurf

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
I actually own two 2.5 ProVari's. One matt black with blue LED's and a satin silver one with red LED's.
Good to hear...

Now buy a P3, and share our pain!!!

LOLz, Jim

PS until then you aint got a dog in the fight.

Reactions: Pinggolfer

Dampmaskin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
Norway
www.steam-engine.org
Flashing firmware always involves the risk of bricking the device if it is done wrong. End users tend to do things wrong, much more often than trained personnel. This is not something that is normally covered by warranty, for obvious reasons.

Imagine a Provari being bricked during upgrading, and imagine the outcry.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I actually own two 2.5 ProVari's. One matt black with blue LED's and a satin silver one with red LED's.
Thanks for your reply. I own quite a few V2 and V2.5's and one V1 that I sent in for an upgrade. I love them, they fit my vape needs very well.

When the P3 finally came out, I decided to hold off, I didn't feel that it was a good fit for me at the time. At that point I moved on, focused my attention on things that did interest me, and spent my money accordingly. I didn't feel the need to lash out at Provape, or point out other devices (in their paid for sub-forum) that I was more interested in. I would consider such behavior as impolite or rude.

That being said, I am glad now for waiting, as the early adopters of the P3's got to have their say with Provape, and Provape responded by adjusting the parameters of the P3 to a point where it now appeals to me. Will I buy one now, probably. I doubt I'd ever send it in for an upgrade to the programming unless some huge change was made, or the unit somehow failed to function properly.

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
My point is - none of the other provaris I have owned, have ever failed. Thus why I see no need to purchase and P3.
BTW - they continue to aggressively mark down and or flash sale nearly ever week...don't get me wrong, I love the new pricing for the "older stuff", but it is a sign, ever the less, of slow or less than anticipated sales growth.

goofy2302

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2014
Brooklyn, NY, USA
Flashing firmware always involves the risk of bricking the device if it is done wrong. End users tend to do things wrong, much more often than trained personnel. This is not something that is normally covered by warranty, for obvious reasons.

Imagine a Provari being bricked during upgrading, and imagine the outcry.
Im going to disagree with that statement
Flashing my phone doesnt brick it
Flashing my router doesnt brick it
Flashing my computer bios doesn brick it...
They all have recovery routines built into the flash executable....
IMO... $250 device should be upgradable and recoverable if the flash fails

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Reactions: SeniorBoy

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com

Thank you and Ditto. Actually we need to carefully clarify:

"This is not something that is normally covered by warranty, for obvious reasons."

Bolded by me. I don't know any company who provides a "warranty" which effectively means in simple terms, it's always going to work for a given period of time which is our warranty period. If it doesn't''t work we will fix it. Including but not limited to every cell phone I have used in the last 20 years, numerous routers, and Os's. What they DO provide as stated above is a simple to use recovery routine ALONG with support. An outcry? Na. Childs play compared to the iPhone's installed base. Roughly 10 millon or ? with dozens of people watching their every move and thousands upon thousands of "haters". Yes, you take a support hit IN EXCHANGE for providing your user base in the P4 with UTD technology. A welcome trade off which is germane to technology. I'm quite sure that ProVape has the ability to create the necessary safeguards for a firmware upgrade in their next P4 device. Given their talents, I'm also quite sure they would "stress test" the code and among many issues, intentionally brick the device. I've done it and it's fun! :) Perhaps I'm not quite sure what your point is? I'm assuming that your not a fan of firmware upgrades because of the possibility of a bricked device? Sorry, I don't buy it x2.

:)

Last edited:

TFL!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Chatfield, MN, USA
We can all complain about this all we want. But we don't own the company and they will do what they feel is best for their product.
The other companies that offer user upgradable firmware, Maybe build in a auto failure in the unit. so you have to buy another unit. Don't know is this is true but a possibility. :pop:

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014

How do you know its not?

Oh, Thats right, they wont let you...

LOLz, Jim

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Not everything is black and white so your rule of not vaping in a non smoking environment poses some dilemmas.

I vape when I go to the movie theatre, too. I can't go 2 hours or more without vaping, and I couldn't go that long when I smoked.

I feel that I'm discreet about it. I always sit in the back row, only go to show times that won't be crowded, wait until the lights are out, and double inhale so there is no vapor exhaled. What no one else see's is no one else's business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread