Not open for further replies.

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
This particular subforum is meant for e-liquid discussion, but is not meant to be a fanboi/fangurl spam ground to promote your favorite supplier.

Fair use of this forum is to ask questions comparing flavors and prices, and discussing the difference between Supplier A's RY4 vs Supplier B's RY4, etc... Once the question has been representatively answered at some point the subject is closed and continuing discussion turns into what we call shilling and promotion.

When does it become shilling and promotion? Let me give you a fictional example based on the above RY4:

Once the merits and differences Between the RY4 mixes have been done and people start saying OMG Vendor A's chocolate covered cherry is divine it becomes off topic. Then people come in and turn it into a fan war between companies and all semblance of relevance to the original topic disappears.

This not only dilutes the relevance of the subject when someone is searching and really wants to know what the difference is between the two highly touted and competing RY4s, it becomes a burden on the staff when we have to referee.

This behavior will stop immediately and I have instructed the mods to use their judgement and close such threads at their discretion. If your thread is closed it is extremely unlikely I will tell the mods to reopen it.

Fans are reminded that if they want to praise their favorite supplier that is perfectly OK within reason, what is not okay is the use of the e-liquid discussion forum to make an extra advertising thread for your favorite supplier. That is what social groups are for, and once your social group reaches a certain level of activity you can apply through Valsacar for a social group forum such as the one for BWB or the one for HHV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread