Status
Not open for further replies.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Why wouldn't you just use the hybrid on the WAE2 though?
You beat me before I could rewrite the post...LOL

I sometimes carry extra atty's with me and wouldn't want to lose the ability to swap out standard 510 atty's. I guess I could just keep the top cap with me too :/

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US

I sometimes carry extra atty's with me and wouldn't want to lose the ability to swap out standard 510 atty's. I guess I could just keep the top cap with me too :/
You could leave the top cap screwed on another atty you're going to use, thus just having to screw the top cap on, with the atty already connected

mark78

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
Bucharest Romania
www.markbugs.com
I can't wait. It will work on The WAE2 without hybrid mode at 21mm right?

Edit: to clarify using the 510 connector still flush at 21mm, in the event those of us that may carry another atty and don't want to use exclusively in hybrid mode and lose the ability to easily switch out atty's in the field.

For a flush fit with WAE you have to use the hybrid connection

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA

LOL.. my first thought was you now have a reason to get a 2nd GEM as a spare atty to carry around!

mark78

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
Bucharest Romania
www.markbugs.com
I am having a problem with my WAEII The fire button is stuck. What is the warranty length on this mod?

I found it 1yr.

I am the second owner so does anyone know if the mod is under warranty with a second owner as it is less than 6mths old?
Please send a mail at office@markbugs.ro with that request and we will help you.

mark78

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
Bucharest Romania
www.markbugs.com
@mark78: I have a question.... (well to all I guess)

The 510 pin still hasn't arrived, stuck in customs in New York since 4/4/15 :(

Can I replace the brass 510 screw with a steel one from a hardware store?

I'm not sure of the bushing will thread it or not, but I'm getting desperate.
If the screw have the same dimension it will fit, you can try it. About customs Please give a call and maibe will be release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Phone Guy

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
If the screw have the same dimension it will fit, you can try it. About customs Please give a call and maibe will be release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been waiting to see if I get a notice or something, or the package. Is been stuck since April 4th, 2015. :(

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
I just went to the post office to ask what the deal was on the package sent 3/31/15, it arrived in USA customs on the 4th of April. There is NOTHING I can do or they can do until customs rescan the package. I told them it's a tiny brass screw, they said irrelevant, until customs gets to it, it's stuck there. I can not contact them or anything. [emoji35]

I want to sincerely thank mark for his numerous attempts at resolving this issue for me (new 510 pin assembly), but I'm currently at the mercy of the customs office. It may have gotten lost inside customs? It may be sitting and waiting for approval? I have no clue and neither did the United States Postal Service.

Reactions: dems86

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
I feel your pain Phone Guy :(

Any screw of the same dimensions will do, but Brass would be the better choice due to conductivity.
My whole issue is this, maybe you or others can help in the interim.

The brass 510 assembly, bushing and screw... Ok I was adjusting the 510 screw, it came out of the brass bushing... It would not go back (re-thread in) in.

After countless unsuccessful attempts, and brass shavings going everywhere, I just press fit the screw (see: forced it in) into the bushing. It won't turn (adjust) and it's really high (the 510 pin) so nothing even gets close to mounting flush correctly, but at least it fires. :(

Mark sent me 1 set, but it was about half the diameter of what was in mine so it was way too small.

And this one is stuck in customs for 3+ weeks. [emoji35]

Reactions: qorax

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
well the problem is that the threads at this point have to be damaged to at least some extent, and if you weren't able to thread it back in straight when it simply backed out, then the chances of you being able to just thread the new one in at this point, it's probably not going to happen. ideally you'd need to run a tap through it straight to repair the damaged threads... these things are super fine thread.

the only other chance would be if you can thread the new screw through from the back side where the threads are not damaged, screw it in the wrong way. this could repair the damaged threads as the screw goes all the way through and exits where the damaged threads are on the other side, then remove it and screw it in the right way. not sure if the screw is long enough for that though, if it is that's what I'd suggest to do

if it's really mangled then it might just need to be drilled and tapped to the next largest size too, seeing metal shavings all over the place don't sound so good

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
I tried threading it from both sides. I got frustrated and obviously damaged something. Mark sent me a new bushing and screw, but as stated above, customs for reasons unknown have not cleared it.

It's been this way since November 2014! So I guess waiting a little longer is no big deal. Hopefully the new bushing and screw will get to me soon :nun:

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
^^ Alternatively MB could send you a completely new topcap. I don't know how the tolerances are between each WAE-II, but that's a shot well worth.

I can't fault Mark at all... He's been great. I'll either end up with a new bushing and screw, new top cap or if I buy the gem, have him toss it in there ;)

Sooner or later I'll get my wae2 back to 100%

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
I can't fault Mark at all... He's been great. I'll either end up with a new bushing and screw, new top cap or if I buy the gem, have him toss it in there ;)

Sooner or later I'll get my wae2 back to 100%
Well of you get the GEM you'll never need the 510 or top cap again, because it should never come off the WAE2...I know it is going to be a permanent fixture on mine ;)

A perfectly manufactured, aesthetically incredible and functionally amazing mod and atty made for each other? Oh goodness I get goosebumps just thinking about it

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread