Not open for further replies.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I can't fault Mark at all... He's been great. I'll either end up with a new bushing and screw, A "new top cap" with my Gem purchase being tossed in <Rephrased by Qorax>;)

Sooner or later I'll get my wae2 back to 100%
That seems like a plan :D

Reactions: Phone Guy

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
21b0ww6.jpg

Reactions: Siam Diesel

Kerbz

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Wantagh
Step 1: create a forked blade tool to remove the outer retaining rings

9pcLn9C.jpg

Step 2: with the retaining rings removed, document lead contention positions (makes is easier when re-installing later)

sduFB3k.jpg

rjtcCWX.jpg

Step 3: de-solder solid grounding pin from body

rQWpVxt.jpg

Step 4: remove dna 30 board from mounting rails

9RKETua.jpg

Step 5: prep DNA40 board for swap (removed circuit mounting rails)

RPfys4X.jpg

Step 6: Transfer leads onto DNA40 board (make note of positioning from Step 1

IZTlnUY.jpg

iC3LYHG.jpg

Step 7: put your delrin rails into a 3-axis mill and resurface accordingly (spend approximately 6 business day lunch breaks getting it just right to fit while @brawas increasingly grows anxious to have it back :p)

1pt6BtA.jpg

Step 8: reassemble and enjoy

sLEneKb.jpg

Yeah, not exactly a straight forward guide I know :(
To be entirely honest, mark78, I agree I can't really recommend people to do this swap. If in the future if you do decide to produce DNA40 WEAII's I would recomend making the internal board sled a 3-piece design (so that top screen mount, and lower board mount can be interested first. Then a 3rd peice can be shimmed inbetween locking them in-place.

Again, tonns of respect to mark78 for producing such a high quality mod. I was truly impressed working on this unit.

Best regards

Hey Engineer, any chance you can help me do this to my setup once I purchase it, or better yet do it for me?? :)

Reactions: Phone Guy

Kerbz

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Wantagh
Drop me a PM when you have your mod. I'll stick around to answer any questions I can regarding doing the DNA40 swap. :thumb:

Excellent! My WAE is currently being held hostage by customs :( I want to have it in my possession before I purchase the new board for the swap!

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
Well my WAE II came today very excited. For some reason the sony VTC4's dont seem to work on mine, I get battery rattle. Has anyone else had this problem, what batteries do you use?
I use VTC4 flat tops, but if the VTC4s have been pushed and pulled in and put of certain mods that have tight battery compartments, the tops might be pushed in a little and they won't fit properly. Mark mentioned this before.

THE WGU CLUB
Card Carrying Member/Co-Founder

Kerbz

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Wantagh
I use VTC4 flat tops, but if the VTC4s have been pushed and pulled in and put of certain mods that have tight battery compartments, the tops might be pushed in a little and they won't fit properly. Mark mentioned this before.

THE WGU CLUB

Thank you for the reply! I had a feeling that this might be the issue! Is there any way to safely pull the top back out?

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
Thank you anyway for your help! I had ordered 4 more VTC 4's a few days ago and they are expected to arrive tomorrow. I was just upset I spent money on those batteries and couldn't use them!
You'll be good to go when the freshies arrive, enjoy ;)

THE WGU CLUB

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
I've used vtc5 and vtc4 with no issue at all. The button top variety leaves a (in my opinion) sizeable gap on the bottom cap. Flat tops fit like a glove :D

Also the Samsung 25r seem to be excellent alternatives. Been using those on my flask for a week+ and I easily get 2 days, going thru 20ml's

Reactions: Siam Diesel

mark78

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
Bucharest Romania
www.markbugs.com
Where are you guys getting your VTC4/5's? I got my batteries today and none are working :( maybe my device is defective??

Kerbz,
On the electronic tube you have 2 threaded rings, one at the upper side and one facing the battery.
Probably your mod was a little bit screwed to tight and maybe the contact pin was pushed back a little.
Try using longer battery then VTC, something with a nipple or if you have the skills can do this:
- unscrew abit the bottom ring and screw the top ring and you will end up lowering the batt contact of the mod.

A picture with your batt contact will let us know what you have to do and it will be easy for us to find a solution!

I want to know if the brass contact thst is making connection with the battery is still rises above the bottom ring or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread