Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Has anybody tried anything from Wonder Flavours? They're a new flavor company out of Montreal. I became interested because I live close to there, (weird reason I know), and I ordered 3 flavorings. They were relatively expensive, mainly because of cross-border shipping. I figure if I like them, I can go buy them in person next time, and make a trip of it to the city, maybe see some music.

No testing seems to have been done on the flavors yet, so I'm sure many will be concerned about what's in the flavors and rightfully so.

Nonetheless I'm giving it a shot. I ordered Tahitian Vanilla Cream, Caramel Butter, and Vanilla Ruyan Custard, which is described as having a woodsy/earthy element to it.

I'll post back here when my flavors arrive, I've mixed and sampled them after some aging.

If anyone has tried any, please let me know. A recipe I found online called for the Caramel Butter, which is how I heard of them.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
Has anybody tried anything from Wonder Flavours? They're a new flavor company out of Montreal. I became interested because I live close to there, (weird reason I know), and I ordered 3 flavorings. They were relatively expensive, mainly because of cross-border shipping. I figure if I like them, I can go buy them in person next time, and make a trip of it to the city, maybe see some music.

No testing seems to have been done on the flavors yet, so I'm sure many will be concerned about what's in the flavors and rightfully so.

Nonetheless I'm giving it a shot. I ordered Tahitian Vanilla Cream, Caramel Butter, and Vanilla Ruyan Custard, which is described as having a woodsy/earthy element to it.

I'll post back here when my flavors arrive, I've mixed and sampled them after some aging.

If anyone has tried any, please let me know. A recipe I found online called for the Caramel Butter, which is how I heard of them.

Funny you should mention them, I was eyeballing their website on the weekend, contemplating placing an order.

From their website:

Do your flavours contain Diketones?
Yes, our flavours do contain diketones, we will be including specific information on product pages.

Flavour Concentrates - Wonder Flavours

Personally, I don't have a problem with that though I know some people would prefer to buy diketone-free products.

Mixing percentages are between 8% - 10%. Some interesting looking flavors... hmmm... I'm bound to buy from them eventually but it's always nice to hear some reviews first.

I did notice they offer their entire collection of 25 flavors in 1 ounce (30ml) bottles for $119 CDN (about $90 USF). A fairly decent price (for Canada anyway). If I didn't already have over 120 flavors here I would consider it.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Funny you should mention them, I was eyeballing their website on the weekend, contemplating placing an order.

From their website:

Do your flavours contain Diketones?
Yes, our flavours do contain diketones, we will be including specific information on product pages.

Flavour Concentrates - Wonder Flavours

Personally, I don't have a problem with that though I know some people would prefer to buy diketone-free products.

Mixing percentages are between 8% - 10%. Some interesting looking flavors... hmmm... I'm bound to buy from them eventually but it's always nice to hear some reviews first.

I did notice they offer their entire collection of 25 flavors in 1 ounce (30ml) bottles for $119 CDN (about $90 USF). A fairly decent price (for Canada anyway). If I didn't already have over 120 flavors here I would consider it.
Ah, interesting - hadn't seen that on their site. Yeah, I'm not personally bothered by diketones (in fact, I hate to admit that I like them haha).

GremlinDIY is US-based and carries them for much cheaper - for one thing less shipping, for another they have smaller sizes available (I THINK the ones I bought directly are like 30ml).

They'll be rebottled and I know nothing about Gremlin, never used them before. May or may not be an issue. With BCF I've never found it to be an issue.

Nonetheless, a select few flavorings have been reviewed over at ATF, with stellar feedback so far - but very minimal reviews. I'm really excited about these. The custard, if it is indeed a bit woodsy, will be quite interesting and "caramel butter" just sounds really good.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
.... a select few flavorings have been reviewed over at ATF, with stellar feedback so far - but very minimal reviews. I'm really excited about these. The custard, if it is indeed a bit woodsy, will be quite interesting and "caramel butter" just sounds really good.

Good to hear. I'm mostly interested in the custard and the creams and yeah, caramel butter sounds awesome. :)

I'd be a lot more interested if they were more concentrated though and probably would have ordered some on the weekend if that were the case. Instead I ordered some more Inawera and FF Pro flavors I haven't tried yet.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Good to hear. I'm mostly interested in the custard and the creams and yeah, caramel butter sounds awesome. :)

I'd be a lot more interested if they were more concentrated though and probably would have ordered some on the weekend if that were the case. Instead I ordered some more Inawera and FF Pro flavors I haven't tried yet.
FF Pro?

Reactions: Kenna

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I can go buy them in person next time, and make a trip of it to the city, maybe see some music.
Don't forget the "GOOD" beer they won't/can't ship across the border! ;)
Mixing percentages are between 8% - 10%. Some interesting looking flavors...
They don't sound particularly concentrated, but I have to admit, many sound interesting. Almost like One Stop's Flavor Shots/ Flavor Blends. I will be interested in hearing how many of these will end up being good as stand-alones.:D
They'll be rebottled and I know nothing about Gremlin, never used them before.
I have NOT used Gremlin personally but they have been around for awhile and have a good (no complaints that I have come across) reputation.:)
Foodie Flavours, a flavoring company out of the UK,
Always good to differentiate when using "FF." Some of us know "FF" for Faeries Finest (though they seem to be dwindling).:D

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Always good to differentiate when using "FF." Some of us know "FF" for Faeries Finest (though they seem to be dwindling).:D

FF = Faeries Finest (US)

FF Pro = Foodie Flavours Professional Flavouring (UK)

;)

Soon we'll need a sticky to list all the short forms we adopt when referring to all the flavoring companies that are popping up like mushrooms. We're going to need a guide so we'll all know what each other are talking about.

There's another supplier here in Canada offering an e-liquid flavoring line, SK Cigs (SKC) out of Mississauga and Montreal. When I first looked at them I thought they suspiciously looked like they were re-branded My Fresh Lab (MFL - China) but they are labeled "Made in Canada".

MFL claims to have highly concentrated flavoring - I just got 4 flavors in the mail yesterday so we shall see. SKC claims to be highly concentrated too but I don't see recommended percentages listed anywhere.
https://www.vapeonline.ca/diy/flavours.html?p=1

I notice an interesting blurb is noted with each flavor, despite the lack of recommended usage:

"Concentrated flavoring is 100% soluble in water vaping grade flavoring. Design and manufactured with DIY in mind. Highly concentrated and oil free. Ideal for DIY ejuice or baking, candy crafting, and drink making etc." (emphasis mine)

Vaping grade?? That's a bold statement o_O Food grade would be more appropriate.

Get ready for the onslaught of new companies - it's only just begun.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
FF = Faeries Finest (US)

FF Pro = Foodie Flavours Professional Flavouring (UK)

;)
You forgot FF = Furiously Fickle (house of IDJoel) :D:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::D

Vaping grade?? That's a bold statement o_O Food grade would be more appropriate.
I agree; though it would be nice to think that a manufacturer would step up and actually support the vaping community. There are some among the mainstream like CAP, FA, and even TPA/TFA that have "modified" or "adapted" portions of their offerings to be "free of potentially harmful" components that don't have the least threat to ingestion, but would NEVER dream of coming out and supporting vaping outright. I respect their need to protect their primary market (food and beverage) but it would be nice to see a company saying we are worthy too.

I hope they are doing this with integrity and not just as an "easy marketing" stunt. If government doesn't manage to bury us; we will be a multi-billion dollar market to be contended with. :D

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
0112171555.jpg

^Vape mail today. They were really cool and threw in a free 1oz bottle of Roasted Pecans & Cream. Glad they did because it smells breathtakingly good. The others smell good too. The custard definitely does have a woodsy kind of hint to it.

I'm not sure what % to mix samples at. They suggest 6-9%, apparently. Hmm. I typically use less than suggested, so I'm thinking I'll mix small samples at like 5% and see what they're like.

Their website has some recipes which are clearly geared towards vaping. Example:
Roasted Pecan Latte Recipe
Flavour Concentrate Percent
Caramel Rice Crispy Treats (WF) 2.00%
Chocolate Chunks (WF) 1.50%
Roasted Pecans & Cream (WF) 2.50%
Smooth Cappuccino Cream (WF) 0.75%
Tahitian Vanilla Cream (WF) 2.75%
Suggested Steep Time: 10 days

Pretty cool. Clearly not something I can mix up right now. But I think it's cool they have some suggested recipes.

From smelling that roasted pecans and cream I'm thinking it would be AMAZING in a custard or coffee recipe, though.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
I hope they are doing this with integrity and not just as an "easy marketing" stunt. If government doesn't manage to bury us; we will be a multi-billion dollar market to be contended with. :D

I don't think it was worded that way with any malice or misdirection intended - I think the owners may be Asian and perhaps don't understand the difference in saying vape-grade as opposed to food-grade. When I poked around on their website there was some phrasing and misspellings that led me to believe that so it's just a guess on my part.

I think they have set out intentionally to offer flavoring to the vape community so they've taken care to ensure there are no oils or other obvious harmful ingredients in their products (however I see no statement about diketones, not that every vaper or DIYer even knows or cares about diketones).

As for the Canadian government, they're taking a somewhat tolerant approach to vaping and soon, we will have some fairly laissez-faire vaping regulations here in Canada, as compared to you guys. Other than some arcane rules about packaging and promotion it will be more in line with the British approach of Harm Reduction than the FDA's approach of Slash and Burn.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
View attachment 627741
^Vape mail today. They were really cool and threw in a free 1oz bottle of Roasted Pecans & Cream. Glad they did because it smells breathtakingly good. The others smell good too. The custard definitely does have a woodsy kind of hint to it.

I'm not sure what % to mix samples at. They suggest 6-9%, apparently. Hmm. I typically use less than suggested, so I'm thinking I'll mix small samples at like 5% and see what they're like.

Their website has some recipes which are clearly geared towards vaping. Example:

Pretty cool. Clearly not something I can mix up right now. But I think it's cool they have some suggested recipes.

From smelling that roasted pecans and cream I'm thinking it would be AMAZING in a custard or coffee recipe, though.

Sweet! That Roasted Pecans & Cream was one of the flavors I was drooling over. Can't wait for your report!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Sweet! That Roasted Pecans & Cream was one of the flavors I was drooling over. Can't wait for your report!
I'm thinking I'll mix the samples tonight and sample them on Sunday or so. Then re-sample a week or 2 in. At that point if I like them I'll mix bigger samples or head straight to recipe usage.

I'm also thinking I'll throw that pecan into a recipe tonight! I have their suggested percentage in the one recipe they used and there's a recipe on ATF using it at 1%, so I'm thinking 1-2% of it in a custard or coffee would be outstanding. I generally hate coffee vapes but someone whose palate I dearly trust just posted her coffee recipe and she says it is amazing. It takes a month to steep though. I may mix up a variation of it with 1% of this pecan in there. Won't know if it's good for a month but hey :w00t:

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Don't forget the "GOOD" beer they won't/can't ship across the border! ;)

They don't sound particularly concentrated, but I have to admit, many sound interesting. Almost like One Stop's Flavor Shots/ Flavor Blends. I will be interested in hearing how many of these will end up being good as stand-alones.:D

I have NOT used Gremlin personally but they have been around for awhile and have a good (no complaints that I have come across) reputation.:)

Fast Forward.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
View attachment 627741

Bet it would be good with a tobacco, too. I'm still hoping to be able to vape tobaccos.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I'm thinking I'll mix the samples tonight and sample them on Sunday or so. Then re-sample a week or 2 in. At that point if I like them I'll mix bigger samples or head straight to recipe usage.

I'm also thinking I'll throw that pecan into a recipe tonight! I have their suggested percentage in the one recipe they used and there's a recipe on ATF using it at 1%, so I'm thinking 1-2% of it in a custard or coffee would be outstanding. I generally hate coffee vapes but someone whose palate I dearly trust just posted her coffee recipe and she says it is amazing. It takes a month to steep though. I may mix up a variation of it with 1% of this pecan in there. Won't know if it's good for a month but hey :w00t:
Link to coffee post?

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Ok, some initial thoughts. It has been 4 days I think since I mixed these. I loaded up unflavored and have been squonking that inbetween drip tests. So A) these have not got a full steep yet and B) by the nature of this testing the flavorings are diluted just a bit with the unflavored, but I am able to taste each flavor unto itself. Testing in an O16 at .4 ohms on a mech.

Vanilla - weak. I guess it tastes good but not as good as I would have hoped. Maybe a steep will help it a lot.

Custard - definitely woodsy, almost tobacco-esque. Fairly rich for being so young. Good. Not great.

Caramel Butter - very good, one of the best caramels I have tasted. Not "buttery," just soft, gooey caramel. Definitely like this one and can imagine it mixing well in place of many other caramels.

Roasted Pecan - really good. Could definitely pair well with tobaccos, bakeries etc. Nice, roasted pecan flavoring - true to taste. Stronger than the others, but all are fairly weak at 5%.

So far, yes these are good but would I order again? Probably not unless I find a good recipe use for the caramel or pecan. Which is somewhat likely in both those cases. As for the vanilla and custard, steep will tell the tale but I am thinking they are inferior to our other options already on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread