Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
uncle, the pic is in the wrong shape to lend itself to 100x100 without distorting .................

"Your" right, it did get very distorted when I tried to do it by hand . . . However, I used a program that resized it to a preset 100 x 100 image . . . Even did one 125 x 125 too, that Ya' can see is not as distorted as it would have been trying to resize it freehand . . . AND - IMO - They don't look bad, more importantly I hope one of them is usable . . . :facepalm:

Here is the slightly larger size:

122qMq.jpg

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
may i disagree? :D those poor eyes! :laugh:

Yes - Those poor poor blue eyes of his make "Me" so unhappy to look at . . . ;)

AND - NO YOU MAY NOT ! ! !
smiley-says-no-emoticon.gif

WOW - I see "You" actually cropped the picture, while here I was trying to keep everything and "Squishing" it all down to size . . . :facepalm:

Oh Well - At least "Pat" has a number of choices now . . . :thumbs:

EDIT: Using "Tibs" Cropped Photo . . .

125 X 125 . . .

NPGUy9.jpg

AND - With Black Boarder . . .

rY7yQd.jpg

100 X 100 . . .

DVdUX2.jpg

AND - With Black Boarder . . .

Y6vN1i.jpg

Looks so much better too . . . :D

Last edited:

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I'll give it a shot without cropping and keeping the size ratio correct

As an avatar... the max size is 200x200. So here is the same pic but sized to 200x50

The dimensions are more signature banner sized but at 400x100... it's too tall since the max is 400x65. Resizing keeping the same ratio would end up with a 265x65

sig_260x65.jpg

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
One more question and then I will return to reading this thread from end-to-end.

In the old formus I uploaded my avatar picture and the system resized it for me I believe.

Now it displays an error when I attempt to upload the very same image, below is the original:

View attachment 461124

Could someone resize this according to ecf's rules for me? I'm on an iPad and not very computer savvy
Here ya go:

redhatpat.jpg

:)

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I realize the "old" IM's are now called "conversations".

I don't send/receive IM's enough to even think about checking my "Inbox". But today I "stumbled across" my Inbox and found 2 IM's that were at least 10 days old.

On the "old ECF"...whenever I got an IM...I'd get an immediate In-Your-Face pop-up informing me of the NEW IM.

Is there a place in my Settings where I can go to set it up so that I can get the "old" pop-ups for NEW IM's???

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
There's an alert that appears briefly in the lower left side of the screen when you first receive an alert. There is no other "pop-up" that appears.

You may wish to enable email notifications for new Conversations. Also get into the habit of checking at the top right of the forum. A red number will appear to show the number of new conversations in your inbox.

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
You are brilliant

Everyone else's contribution embodies to me the kind of community ECF brings to the table, bless you all folks! Now I will go back to reading and hopefully helping others as I have been just now by all the tiny people who live inside my iPad, as my fiance puts it lol

RHP

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
You are brilliant

Everyone else's contribution embodies to me the kind of community ECF brings to the table, bless you all folks! Now I will go back to reading and hopefully helping others as I have been just now by all the tiny people who live inside my iPad, as my fiance puts it lol

RHP

YES - "Cindycated" is and Ya' picked the very best one of all (then again I wouldn't expect anything less from her). . . :thumbs:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
On my slow internet, if there are a lot of photos or videos on the page, it hangs forever, then finally, all the graphics turn into X's.

nothing else will work while ECF is trying to load all those graphics.

Kathi if you use FireFox...have you tried the Flashblock add-on?

When the ECF page loads you'll see an image/picture of the YouTube video with an "f" on it. Then...if/when you want to watch the video...you click on the "f"...and it will download.

As the site says..."Flashblock is an extension for the Mozilla, Firefox, and Netscape browsers that takes a pessimistic approach to dealing with Macromedia Flash content on a webpage and blocks ALL Flash content from loading. It then leaves placeholders on the webpage that allow you to click to download and then view the Flash content."

mozdev.org - flashblock: index

Reactions: kathi17

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com

When the ECF page loads you'll see an image/picture of the YouTube video with an "f" on it. Then...if/when you want to watch the video...you click on the "f"...and it will download.

As the site says..."Flashblock is an extension for the Mozilla, Firefox, and Netscape browsers that takes a pessimistic approach to dealing with Macromedia Flash content on a webpage and blocks ALL Flash content from loading. It then leaves placeholders on the webpage that allow you to click to download and then view the Flash content."

And that flashblock is also invaluable when you load news or weather sites, or any site that uses those so-annoying flash banners with stuff jumping around.

Andria

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
What I've noticed is that the really annoying blinky ones have been animated gifs, not flash. In Safari, you're pretty much stuck with those, but in Firefox, there's a way to not have them play at all, or to have them just play through once. Several ways to do that, but I prefer the about:config way, without any addons.

Reactions: kathi17

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA

Thanks! I didn't know about that. I can't watch videos anyway, so it would be great, and might make it so I can view pages with lots of videos on them!

edit: Firefox just updated, and all those versions are currently incompatible with the new version. I hope they update it!

Reactions: gerrymi

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
What I've noticed is that the really annoying blinky ones have been animated gifs, not flash. In Safari, you're pretty much stuck with those, but in Firefox, there's a way to not have them play at all, or to have them just play through once. Several ways to do that, but I prefer the about:config way, without any addons.

I'll have to check that out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread