XHALE 02 Review $20

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay so i was at 7/11 and i saw that they had electronic cigarettes for 20 dollars. this was surprising since usually i see them selling for at least a hundred dollars, and not in corner stores. but i bought one anyways. it doesn't use the traditional liquid drops, just cartridges that you replace. only costs $20 for a pack of 10. the battery only lasts about a day, so i am thinking about buying a second one just so i always have a charged battery. it seems to do the trick and has a nice flavor to it. for 20 bucks, im satisfied, im just bummed that i will not be able to use it on my Southwest Airlines flight next weekend.

has anyone else tried this product? or just heard of similar cheap products? how do they compare to the expensive ones?

vivictus

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2010
NoCal
I bought two of those for the same reason. They suck though compared to other models that are inexpensive. Those 10 cartridges will last a pack a day smoker two days tops. You can get a Riva or Ego for $30-40 and then get whatever juice you want. Those batteries last me well over 24 hours. Sorry, but I came from trying that 7-11 crap and it's just marketing that I sadly fell for, but it eventually led me here.

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
That's where I got my start. I researched and, like you, I thought $20 would be a nice trial cost. I knew, however, that it wouldn't be a great kit from what I had found (mostly at ECF) while doing my research. It gave me the basic idea and showed me that I could go for vaping over smoking, so I ordered an eGo, and cigarettes have been history for me for over 2 weeks now.

I hated the battery life of my xhale, that's why I got an eGo kit with 2 batteries. I would suggest not getting any more xhale kits. The refilled cartridges basically have about 1.5ml of juice for $20. For that price, you could get a lot more juice from suppliers listed here. (Somewhere around 5ml for $2.50)

Welcome to ECF and the world of vaping!

mle

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
Colorado
I started with the xhale also, but I ended up ordering a kr808. The xhale was nice because of how cheap it is, but refilling the carts was a hassle and the battery life isn't so fantastic.

That being said, for $20 it's not too bad (IMHO), but I'm still new to this and have only tried the xhale and the 808. The xhale produces a surprising amount of vapor and if you refill the carts with a yummy liquid it tastes pretty good. If you decide to stick with it for awhile, you might want to buy spare parts from somewhere other than 7-11. From what I understand the Xhale is a m401 (?) and you can buy spare batteries and atomizers from a number of suppliers. $20 seems a little high - the 7-11 stores around me (in CO) are selling the carts for $14.99 for a 10 pack.

Personally I like to 808 better, and you'll probably get a lot of suggestions on other models as well. Starter kits (at least on the 808) seem to be around $30-$40. Look around and do a bit of homework - chances are you'll be better off with a different model. Good luck!

Jason Hunter

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2010
San Diego
i started off with the xhale and when the carts died i dripped juice onto the atty and pulled the little juice cart outta mouth peice and "dripped" it. it worked fine but had a really hot brash throat hit.

i quickly moved to a joye ego (after going 60 deep in xhale starter kits). But i still have my xhale incase my ego dies unexpectedly i can drip it or run to 7-11 and buy some carts.

just wish i found this forum before invested soo much in the xhale 02 system

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Welcome to ECF !!

Vaping has three basic needs for any model, shape, or modification.
The battery life, (how many puffs before recharge and / or replacement)
How much vapor produced (it's why we do in the first place)
How good / bad does it taste, (depends on many factors, mostly juice)

I started with a mini cheepie, that was forever charging, not much vapor
lousy taste, and the carts weren't easily refillable. Switched to a better
model, and never looked back, it's keeping me off analogs.

On this forum you will get many recommendations, (mine would be a Joye eGo)
It looks like a small hi-tech cigar, not a bad thing? Vapes nice, one battery
lasts a full day, tastes good when using good juice, spare parts are easy to
come by. YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread