Yes, the RM2 really is THAT good

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
also: The REO's seem to be totally affordable for the quality/durability/ease-of-use your getting!

1 more question: I saw on reosmods.com that they come with a 510 connection, so technically, I would still be able to use cartos/some clearos/attys/rba's? Also, do you take the bottle out to refill whatever your using in concert with the Reo(cartos...etc), or there's some sort of refilling system where you squeeze the bottle?

It's a standard 510. The only thing is there is a "catch cup" (look at some pics) which is 15mm wide. Any atty, carto etc that's less than 15mm wide will work. You can also use a 510 extender and put anything on that (personally, I don't. I don't like double threading things). You should definitely get an RM2 atty with your REO! Best atty, IMO, and works great in tandem with the REO.

Yes, unscrew bottle from it's cap, refill, or change for another, and replace. (easy/quick)

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
JerseyB, you take the bottle off, fill it, and screw it back on. The REO will work with any 510 atty or carto, and any rba that is made for bottom feeders (needs to have a hole in the bottom.) There's an RBA on the reosmods site called a Reomizer 2.0 that is AWESOME and we all love them. They take the REO experience up a notch. If you have the money, you should definitely get the Reomizer (RM2)....it just takes the REO to a whole 'nother level.

Before the RM2 and all the other rebuildables came out, we all used 510 or 306 attys or cartomizers and loved it.

When you go to the reosmods site, watch the videos that are available. They're really short and you'll be able to see how it all comes together. Watch the one about maintenance and the one about cleaning. You'll see the insides and you'll understand how it works.

Last edited:

Cactus Breath

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
AZ
also: The REO's seem to be totally affordable for the quality/durability/ease-of-use your getting!

1 more question: I saw on reosmods.com that they come with a 510 connection, so technically, I would still be able to use cartos/some clearos/attys/rba's? Also, do you take the bottle out to refill whatever your using in concert with the Reo(cartos...etc), or there's some sort of refilling system where you squeeze the bottle?
It's a bottom-feed mod...the bottle is inside the mod and is connected to the atomizer connector via tubing. You squeeze the bottle (referred to as "squonking") to feed juice into the atty. It's like dripping, but upside-down. The only thing is that squonking won't work with any device that has a solid (no hole) 510 connector...no way for the juice to feed through to the atty.

[ETA:] Dang, Pdib and JC Okie beat me to the draw!

JerseyB.

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
CA USA
ohh I see, yeah I've just been browsing their website reading everything and googling pictures. Wow, some are really works of art. I thought I wanted the black and silver mini, but I didn't realize how many choices there are(unless those are all customized by their owners).

I really think the beauty of them is in the simplicity(but high quality) of the design... I'm in

All your help/advice is much appreciated!

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/357012-photos-reo-descriptions-comparisons-more.html#post7973395
ohh I see, yeah I've just been browsing their website reading everything and googling pictures. Wow, some are really works of art. I thought I wanted the black and silver mini, but I didn't realize how many choices there are(unless those are all customized by their owners).

I really think the beauty of them is in the simplicity(but high quality) of the design... I'm in

All your help/advice is much appreciated!

Couple of things....the Modmaster makes wood REOs, too, but there are none in stock right now. There are three different sizes (actually there are 4 sizes, but I don't think there are any of the original Mini in stock.) There is a VV Grand (variable voltage), there is a Grand (18650 battery and 6ml bottle,) and there is a Mini 2.1 (18490 battery and 3ml bottle.) Which you choose will depend on how much you vape and how much battery life you want/need between charges, and how big you want it to be. The Grand is sort of the standard REO....the workhorse of the group. It's awesome. Here are some pictures of the different sizes: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...photos-reo-descriptions-comparisons-more.html

Last edited:

Matthee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Koringberg, South Africa
The standard Grand imho is a great start, fits comfortably in any size hands, no electronics to get wet or bumped, works every time, carries enough juice, etcetera. With the RM2 it is simplicity and vaping nirvana personified. If you like changing juices, get a lot of extra 6ml juice bottles. NicoHog will just now remind you to get 2 extra hot springs, some extra o rings for the RM2 and a few extra screws for the posts of the RM2. You will not be disappointed! Keep us updated.

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
The standard Grand imho is a great start, fits comfortably in any size hands, no electronics to get wet or bumped, works every time, carries enough juice, etcetera. With the RM2 it is simplicity and vaping nirvana personified. If you like changing juices, get a lot of extra 6ml juice bottles. NicoHog will just now remind you to get 2 extra hot springs, some extra o rings for the RM2 and a few extra screws for the posts of the RM2. You will not be disappointed! Keep us updated.

I got a nice thank you in a PM from a soon-to-be REOnaut telling me how much that saved them in international shipping for a second shipment to get these added pieces. I was floored at the cost! It would be a great service if we all would do that, especially for those who's Location isn't domestic. Thanks for carrying the torch, Matthee! Those of us in the US sometimes don't appreciate what others pay for our precious mods.

pesky_human

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2011
Greeley, CO
www.peskyhumans.com
I'm loving my RM2

that said, dripping on YK1 + microcoil is also VERY pleasurable

Ordered a second one for modding for bottom feeding

Also have an A7 and agreed with one of the previous poster, not in the same ballpark of the RM2

YK1 looks like a cyclone clone?

Matthee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Koringberg, South Africa
I got a nice thank you in a PM from a soon-to-be REOnaut telling me how much that saved them in international shipping for a second shipment to get these added pieces. I was floored at the cost! It would be a great service if we all would do that, especially for those who's Location isn't domestic. Thanks for carrying the torch, Matthee! Those of us in the US sometimes don't appreciate what others pay for our precious mods.

Absolutely NicoHog. That info saved me a lot. Some $48 to ship down here - that's more than a Reomizer - :cry:

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
YK1 looks like a cyclone clone?

it is, and a very good one at that,

i mean for $6 it's a very nice little stainles steel wornder

heavy, well put together

BAD: sealed post, needs to mod to BF

Experience-wise: they are both (RM2 & yk1) my favorite RDAs (used to be phoenix v2 on vertical SS mesh)

Price-wise: well, $6 can't be matched.

there are cheaper RDA on FT, but I find that the smaller the chamber the better the vape, so I've never been too much of a fan of the IGO-L / IGO-W (of which I have one each)

lauderdog

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2013
Fort Lauderdale
I have had my VVGrand with the RM2 for over a month now and I love it to pieces...I take it to work, to softball, in the car, etc...never without it. At home, I use it too, but I also LOVE a well-setup Genesis atty on my provari. Those are literally the only two devices I still use. When the ZAtty Pro is setup properly, (and the coil/SSwick last a LONG time without any fussing) the experience is equally fulfilling and I can give my squonkthumb a rest. :D

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
I have had my VVGrand with the RM2 for over a month now and I love it to pieces...I take it to work, to softball, in the car, etc...never without it. At home, I use it too, but I also LOVE a well-setup Genesis atty on my provari. Those are literally the only two devices I still use. When the ZAtty Pro is setup properly, (and the coil/SSwick last a LONG time without any fussing) the experience is equally fulfilling and I can give my squonkthumb a rest. :D

I moved away from Genesis about a month ago (still have one built around on a 'hybridized' Natural / RSST , but don't use it much)

On the REO, a RM2
on the Provari, an Oddy clone (Ithaka on the way)
on a k100 a yk1

the latest (k100/yk1) is the cheapest combo I have, and it's the hardest hitting! but alas, dripping gets annoying, but for the expensive juices or the ones you just want a couple of drags of there is just no other combo with the same performance / ratio (we are taking $30~$35 bucks here, including Sony 30A batteries)

Still, I use my three main devices in the order listed above

Rictic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Miami, FL
Thanks Jan you are correct they will fit any of the metal mods . If buying for a woodvil people should mention this to me

I'll buy one for a Woodvil if you make a Woodvil, if ya catch ma' drift ;) .... please make some woodvils, Rob.

The brass finish RM2 without nickel should look stunning on a Woodvil.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread