YiHi SXmini Mod @ Varitube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
@Onedesign, are you stating if it's available on your site to purchase under pre-order it will be shipped out from your first incoming shipment even at this point in time?

Thats correct Vlad. If our pre-orders consumed a color we would shut it down....but believe me despite some larger than expected pre-orders we have plenty available. The Grey/Silver, Black/Silver, and Rose/Silver are now in stock. The 1st batch already went out in fact, of the Silver faces and its now off of pre-order. We are still awaiting an update on the black faces

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Tube Extensions in stock folks! Right HERE

SXminiTube.jpg

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
Thanks Onedesign1, I went ahead bit the bullet and just ordered myself an early B-day present. :D, Hope it's as durable & reliable as my SX350 has been. Time to retire the DNA 30. Thanks again.

Thanks for the fast ship Onedesign1. Received the unit Monday and absolutely love it so far. Have not been able to do anything with it in temperature control yet as I don't have wire yet but it's coming. Yihi has really raised the bar IMO with the SXmini on so many levels. It's sleek / elegant and at the same time powerful, solid and rugged feeling. Only time will tell if it's as accurate and reliable as the SX350 v2 I have but as it is now I give a big Kudos to Yihi on this one.

I have officially retired my DNA 30 and now my daily devices are the SX350 v2 dual and the SXmini. I'm not double fisting them but the mini has barely left my hand :)

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
I've noticed that when in joule mode and going into the menu system to change either the joule or temperature settings that when I exit the menu and return to the main display the temperature displays a random number. As soon as I fire even for just a second the temperature displays what I had set it to in the menu system. Can you tell me if this is doing something intentionally or is this just a refresh / screen update bug?

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
Something else I've been noticing hopefully you can shed some light on. As I'm looking at my battery bar It's sitting at 3.7v but the battery bar showing less than half charge. Measuring the battery with a multi-meter show's it to be 3.63v so a slight inconsistency there but the question is why does the bar display this as so low? I notice that even in their documentation they're showing a battery at 3.64v and the battery bar is less than half as well.

Attachments

• BatteryIndicator.jpg
    BatteryIndicator.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 26

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
Vlad I really think the battery bar is just an indicator and gives an approximation but is also not linear in that I believe its segmented

Well it's nothing like how the Sx350 displays on the battery bar and the way it is now kinda sucks especially in joule mode when we don't have a voltage displayed for the battery. Would prefer to see a battery voltage indicator in both modes. Someone posted a pic of a Beta version that did, wonder why they removed it? Hopefully they will put it back in the first update.

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
Something else you might pass along to Yihi that I'm seeing in the threads is a slight alignment problem with the outer cover. It is very minimal but noticeable. For whatever reason it seems it's always on the right hand side at the top like in this video. https://youtu.be/ae8Y7EQx7mA?t=275 Mine has it but I didn't really notice it for a couple days until another member brought it to our attention. That's how minimal it is.

Ian444

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
QLD, Australia
Something else I've been noticing hopefully you can shed some light on. As I'm looking at my battery bar It's sitting at 3.7v but the battery bar showing less than half charge. Measuring the battery with a multi-meter show's it to be 3.63v so a slight inconsistency there but the question is why does the bar display this as so low? I notice that even in their documentation they're showing a battery at 3.64v and the battery bar is less than half as well.

A battery at 3.7V has only approx 30% capacity left. What made you think the bar is too low?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread