YOUR DIY list with your REO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvin & Sennie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I want to DIY my juice but I need to start out small to keep costs down in anticipation of my next REO for hubs and a back-up for me for our 1 year... lol. So I got on wizard labs but their site was down for a few days... hopefully it's back up. So anyway we prefer 50/50 and I was looking at the nic juice it comes in and if I am understanding it I would order nic in of and a bottle in by so 2 bottles mix together then add flavoring which is where I get confused. What else do I need and where do I get it? I looked at My Baker flavorings, is there a better place to get those?
Ok the other question is about a REO. I want to get my hubs a BA kind of custom REO and RM2 for his birthday and 1 year anniversary. Who do I talk to that does custom work? They need to do fantastic work ... think mopar but must be reasonably priced because I also have to purchase the REO, RM2, and extras to get him to where all he needs to do is add juice and fire it up.
THANK YOU!!!

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
I bought a liter of 50/50 24 mg unflavored nicotine juice for $42.95 from My Freedom Smokes. It's very good stuff, with no taste of its own. That's the lowest concentration they sell for DIY, but it's what I vape, so I don't have to cut it. All I have to do is add concentrated flavoring. I bought some flavorings plus some 30 ml glass dropper bottles from them to bring the order total up to $75 for free shipping. Looks like they're out again now (they sell a lot) but they're good about having it in when they expect it.

CATastrophe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
Purradise (NETN)
If you're ordering nic from WL, why not just get flavoring there, too? I use them for both. I've also ordered flavor from RTS Vapes.

You'll need pipettes or syringes, bottles, and VG and PG.

I do my mixing on a sided baking sheet in case anything spills.

You'll need an atty for dripping to test flavors. I use a LR one, 1.7 ohms bauway, I think. But since I've been doing this awhile, my REOs have my main flavor profiles and sometimes I just drip in my RBA. It works well enough to give me an idea. If mixing something out of the ordinary, then I resort to the bauway.

Make sure you check the DIY forum here. Lots of good tips and such for flavor percentages.

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
I'd rather be using a 10-12" long transfer pipette than the small funnel I'm using now to fill the 30 ml bottles. I used the droppers to get the level down in the 1 liter bottle low enough to pour, but it's still risky and I need DW's help to do it.

Edit: Drat! I keep forgetting... I have a bunch of shot pourers I've been meaning to try.

If I decide to reduce my nicotine level, I'll need equal amounts of USP PG and USP VG to dilute what I have.

Other than these, I like having a REO sized bottle (6 ml for the Grand, 3 ml for the Minis) for each flavor I make, loosely rubber banded to the 30 ml bottle. It makes heading out in the morning quicker... grab a 6 ml bottle and screw it on. Not necessary though.

Thedan1284

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2013
Travis AFB, CA
I too ordered 50/50 24 mg from mfs. I also picked up some lemon flavoring, some carmel cappuccino flavoring, hawaiian punch flavor, and sweetener. The nicotine is great. Its thick and perfectly clear. I poured some straight into my 6ml bottle for my grand and it took a little while for it to empty out if the funnel. I put 6 drops of lemon concentrate and 3 drops of sweetener in there and instantly shook it. Came out very well. Id recommend the nicotine very highly.
Also, make sure you have some small rubbermaids handy my room now smells like carmel cappuccino now. Ive never opened the bottle. It doesnt leak either. But it can fill a room. The site put a disclaimer up that the flavor is extremely strong.

Chiku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Alberta, Canada
For flavourings I really like Vaping Zone super concentrates (use at 2.5%) and the gourmet super concentrates (1%). I prefer fruity vapes, the gourmet strawberries and the apple cinnamon, and the SC blackberry are my favourites right now.

I got my Pg and Vg from Essential Depot, you get a gallon of PG and a gallon of VG for 55.00. http://www.essentialdepot.com/servlet/the-218/1-Gallon-Veg-Glycerin/Detail

I'm in Canada so I can't get my nic from WL, there is a supplier up here that I get it from so I am no help there.

Make sure to order lots of syringes, 1ml ones are great for flavourings and I use 3and 5 ml for the nic, vg, and pg. I also needed way more bottles than I ever thought I would. To protect the markings on them clear nail polish or scotch tape works.

If you are looking at storing nic long term glass bottles are what are recommended for storing in the freezer. Usually people recommend the nic in PG so that is what I have went with.

Also if you happen to have an ultrasonic cleaner it really speeds up the steeping times on juices that need to steep.

Good luck! I've been DIYing for about four months and I really enjoy it.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
i buy 36mg from Wizard and lots of the flavours from RTS. I dilute it 50/50 to make 18mg 'batch' and then flavour that when it's divided into 30 ml bottles. So it's maybe 16 mg or so at the end.

The reason i use 36 is that it is possible to vape it straight from the bottle! Hard core - but possible! It means that i don't have to act as if i am using something like anthrax that i must avoid contact with at all costs!

Just wash your hands after and life goes on. I recommend a few sizes of syringes, the small ones are sometimes too small and so a selection is useful. And a graduated glass to mix it in - i use one with markings to 200ml on the side.

Lots of 30ml blue or brown bottles and some bigger ones if you like. I typically make 300ml at a time = 10 blue bottles. These then get decanted into the little plastic bottles and flavoured as we like - HRH and i prefer different things but agree at least on a common strength of liquid!

I don't know what you like to vape - but HRH likes her menthol and i like RY4 - it's easier to start with single flavours to begin to get a feel for how much you have to add.

And avoid any recipes that are measured in 'drops' like the plague - they cannot be reproduced reliably.

T

debzcf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
At the shore...
My list is not too complicated, but it would be a good idea to memorialize it here incase I ever forget it:

Grands & Vv grand:
5.5 ml 24mg unflavored nic base in 20%pg / 80%vg.

Wood chuck woodvil 18490:
2.5 ml 24mg unflavored nic base in 20%pg / 80%vg.

:)

wet socks.jpg

shared with love.... :)

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
My list is not too complicated, but it would be a good idea to memorialize it here incase I ever forget it:

Grands & Vv grand:
5.5 ml 24mg unflavored nic base in 20%pg / 80%vg.

Wood chuck woodvil 18490:
2.5 ml 24mg unflavored nic base in 20%pg / 80%vg.

:)

That was tasteless! ;) ...but SFW.

T1lVl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
Las Vegas, NV, USA
I just started. Waiting for flavor I ordered from TPA. I purchased a 100mg base and cut it to 50mg base. Nicotine from rts

I only do 6mg nic. So I'll continue to cut.

I just play around. Seems cheap. By my calculations with what I bought I can make 1990 mils with 6mg nic.

But I been reading on nic bases and think I'm try nude nicotine next.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Marvin & Sennie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
What I ended up ordering was 12mg vg based mix 500 ml and 500 ml of PG to cut it to 6 mgs. A bunch of different flavorings, most are TFA. Syringes of all sizes, and a FEW plastic bottles... I think 5 each of the 30 & 50 ml sizes. And a small bottle of sweetener. Think I should have gotten other stuff, I'm sure I missed...

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
What I ended up ordering was 12mg vg based mix 500 ml and 500 ml of PG to cut it to 6 mgs. A bunch of different flavorings, most are TFA. Syringes of all sizes, and a FEW plastic bottles... I think 5 each of the 30 & 50 ml sizes. And a small bottle of sweetener. Think I should have gotten other stuff, I'm sure I missed...

I don't use sweetener. I found that adding a creamy flavor will give enough of a sweet flavor for me. My typical mixes are made of three flavors. A fruit or candy, a cream, and a nut, rum, or brandy. Sometimes I will also add tobacco or menthol. I do 20% flavor using TFA, or LorAnn.

You should be set with what you bought. Find a juice calculator, put in your numbers and mix!

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
I use a juice calculator that lets me save my recipes. I cant remember the name and its saved on the computer that has a smashed screen right now -___- but its out there and I highly recommend it. (use some google-foo and i'm sure you'll find it. try keywords e liquid calculator my recipes) anyway, i highly recommend you pick up some nice clear 30ml and 5ml unlabeled bottles and definitely get yourself at least 4-5 10ml syringes and a couple higher ml syringes. Syringes and new bottles are your new god when your DIYing. Apply clear nail polish to the printed measurements on the syringes so that the e juice doesnt make them rub off. Remember that adding 5 to 20% flavoring dilutes your base 5 to 20 percent, so you may want to get juice a level higher than you normally would. do the math. you can buy flavorings that are premixed. Like, instead of buying one banana and one nut flavor, buy banana nut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread