Your Vapeonthego

Status
Not open for further replies.

shimigg

Oct 24, 2016
I've used either of two devices this past summer.

I use a 3-battery regulated box mod (RX200) and a single battery tube mechanical mod (AltSmoke Silver Bullet).

On top I use either a Uwell Crown 1 clearomizer tank with factory made coils (0.125 ohm), or a Rebuildable Drip Atomizer (Velocity) with homemade coils (0.6 ohm).
How do you like the mech mod compared to the rx?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheTinMan

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
How do you like the mech mod compared to the rx?
Depends entirely upon my "mood". They vape differently, if only subtly. I like both.

The mech is surely more pocketfriendly, but being a mech is not adjustable on-the-go like the regulated mod is. For whatever reason, I like the clearomizer tank on the RX200 more than I do on the mech. I prefer using only a dripper on the mech.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I'll be traveling out of state for 5 days at Christmas. I'll Have a mod and a backup mod and a 2 port charger that also does the phone. Instead of rebuilding stuff I'll have an rda built and tested with dry cotton. I may carry some spare cotton and thrum scissors to re wick the atomizer I'm using. I'll also have the tiny Evic Basic with my usual atomizer using 0 VG liquid. I'll be testing that in the airport waiting area if I feel the need (but not on the plane).

BetoMex

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2016
I'm always on the lookout for a new out-and-about device. Currently I use 3 different ones.

1. Quick trips. Joyetech Ego AIO
2. Longer trips. Egrip oled.
3. Newest. Tesla stealth mini with a variety of tanks. (current favorite)
4. In the mail. Pico squeeze...yet to be evaluated.

I only build coils at home, but always carry a spare (homemade or premade).

Hi Grimwald, Im looking to get a Tesla Stealth 100, and would like to use it with Ceramic coils. Do you know if they work fine on this mod?

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Hi Grimwald, Im looking to get a Tesla Stealth 100, and would like to use it with Ceramic coils. Do you know if they work fine on this mod?

I do not have any experience with ceramic coils. The Tesla 100w is not adjustable (just fires at the voltage of the battery). I use my 100w with 1.0-1.8 ohm coil devices. Grab and go. If you want adjustable wattage or TC then perhaps the Tesla stealth 40w. Either are great for a small pocket device.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Mechanical all the way.
Coils built at home.
Dual or single battery, with a dripper built around .28ohms.

Extra pair of batteries, bottle of juice and Im good to go.

20170107_114714-1.jpg
20160806_194142-1.jpg

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
A couple Picos and a small zippered battery case with a spare battery and a 15ml bottle of liquid. I also have a tin in my purse with a cotton pad, tiny screwdriver and folding scissors in case I ever need to rewick on the go.
a40873336cbf9e141e71a41b534f2cdb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread