• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Zombie plan of the week

Status
Not open for further replies.

dysfoundation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2010
Santa Clarita, CA
I was kinda surprised at how many images there are for Zombie Sharks on Google. This seems to be a real concern...

zombie-shark1.jpg

Is this a serious picture lmao??
I honestly can't tell I have to gawk over this 3in screen

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk

1. Montezuma's Castle
2. Quantico
3. Private island

Private island sounds like the best plan so far. I like it and hate it at the same time. I think it would be very hard for the zombies to get there so thats a plus. I do think that eventually someone who was infected might show up and if the virus reaches the island, its gonna spread quickly. Being "painted in a corner" by being stuck on the island is not a pleasant thought either, but if the island is big enough and has enough land animals to hunt as well as the sea to fish from and has a fresh water supply, then I am willing to give it a shot.

The other option mentioned was the old missile silo. And I have been doing a little more research into them. I like the idea that for the most part, they are hidden away and that is a great zombie defense right there- out of sight, out of mind. My only concern is the amount of space they take up. Most of them are huge, and lots of real estate means lots more chances of a breach without you knowing it. I guess every plan has its ups and downs, but for this week, we are going with the private island.

I say get to the island and kill ANYONE that tries to come to your island. Remember, that cute girl in her bikini or the sun baked Adonis more than likely have the z-virus so dont let them onto your island.

Last edited:

whynotvap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
amerika
The missile base does have a couple breach points but the perimeter will be just as easy/hard to overcome/defend as any other chain link fence unless you actively guard it or re-enforce it. Most of them use I-beam post instead of poles but neither one would withstand a full press of zombie bodies as they are. Given time and resources I'd suggest backing them with either concrete, brick, railroad ties, or cinder blocks. I guess an earth wall BEHIND the fence would work as would a trench on the outside of the perimeter if you could gain access to some earth moving equipment. If I take the silo route, I'll be looking at a medium duration stay if I'm alone or in a small group and leave the zombies above ground like a pack of guard dogs. IF I'm in a group large enough to constitute a community, I'd have the workforce to hopefully defend the fence more adequately along with the need/benefit of tillable soil and crops.

As with any really good base of operations, if you find it desirable, chances are someone else would too. Just like a well stocked wal-mart, if enough external persons want to become internal persons, you'll have to have to work to keep yourself on the 'good side' of the barrier.

Thats why my personal go to plan is the mountains. Lots of space so the chances of me running across others is slim. The chances of any zombies is really unlikely as well. Plenty of wildlife to live on. Fresh water is available as well, and being at the top, I dont have to worry about contaminated run off.

Whatever plan I decide on, I will more than likely have 3-4 safe places to hang, just on the off chance that I run into others who are hostile. I am figuring on spending the evenings high up in the trees and of course my stuff will be scattered around and not all in one spot.

Thats why my personal go to plan is the mountains. Lots of space so the chances of me running across others is slim. The chances of any zombies is really unlikely as well. Plenty of wildlife to live on. Fresh water is available as well...

You have somewhere specific in mind? Or you want to set up a roaming camp? Nomad style? Which mountain are you going to first?

Private island sounds like the best plan so far. I like it and hate it at the same time... I guess every plan has its ups and downs, but for this week, we are going with the private island.

It does have its pro's and con's. But, thinking about these things ahead of time can help deal with the problems on Z-Day to make the transition easier. But, I'm still happy to get spot #3!

dysfoundation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2010
Santa Clarita, CA
If you see me throw three rocks in earshot and ill do the same haha,

if I'm infected I'll have a bullet in my own head
Any part of the Appalachian mountains will work for me. And yes I will be camping nomad style...never more than 3-4 days in any one spot, depending on whats happening of course.

Yeah I got a bullet for myself if I get infected...I dont want to be one of the undead walking around. I'll keep an eye out for you on the mountain. I wont be on any main trails though, guess i better get back to the basics and try the old map and compass again...gps is nice but has ruined me.

bssage

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2010
Iowa
images

You all can find me parked in some shark infested waters, sitting at the "pool bar" while the kids are loading my 'blackhawk" for a quick "Dine and Dash" later in the evening.

Thought about a aircraft carrier but I hate moving furniture. And there is no need to reinvent the wheel. These are already furnished.

Last edited:

whynotvap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
amerika
There are a few obvious holes in that plan (and I won't even get into the blackhawk...). First you have to clear that floating resort out of infected. Second, you have to figure out how to pilot that megalith without the several hundred people normally required, that includes the mechanics to keep things running and the water on the outside of the hull. Third, you have to find fuel for those big diesels which means staying at port for quite some time while that fuel pumps IN. I'd hold out for a nuclear one which more than likely won't happen, plus you'd have to have the technicians to handle that powerplant as well. Biggest problem though is: Where do you go if someone on board gets hurt or infected? You might as well be on the international space station!

FWIW, I have considered using a larger sailboat but couldn't justify all the risks involved with getting supplies like food and water compared to the relative safety of isolation in choppy waters. I think I'd rather be in a metal box on land during a storm vs a ship at sea!

dysfoundation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2010
Santa Clarita, CA
There are a few obvious holes in that plan (and I won't even get into the blackhawk...). First you have to clear that floating resort out of infected. Second, you have to figure out how to pilot that megalith without the several hundred people normally required, that includes the mechanics to keep things running and the water on the outside of the hull. Third, you have to find fuel for those big diesels which means staying at port for quite some time while that fuel pumps IN. I'd hold out for a nuclear one which more than likely won't happen, plus you'd have to have the technicians to handle that powerplant as well. Biggest problem though is: Where do you go if someone on board gets hurt or infected? You might as well be on the international space station!

FWIW, I have considered using a larger sailboat but couldn't justify all the risks involved with getting supplies like food and water compared to the relative safety of isolation in choppy waters. I think I'd rather be in a metal box on land during a storm vs a ship at sea!
Plus I can run on land without having to many variables against me.

dysfoundation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2010
Santa Clarita, CA
Yeah I got a bullet for myself if I get infected...I dont want to be one of the undead walking around. I'll keep an eye out for you on the mountain. I wont be on any main trails though, guess i better get back to the basics and try the old map and compass again...gps is nice but has ruined me.

Also a map doesn't have a 5yard guesstimate lol

Well we didnt get any new suggestions this week, even with the new people joining up. Thats ok, we are going to keep it simple this week. You will have a good chance of survival if you stay in a place you are familiar with. Knowing which road, back alley, wood trail etc leads where, is good information to have. No maps needed. So for the plan this week, and this should have been plan #1, we are going to hunker down at your own house.

1. Montezuma's Castle
2. Quantico
3. Private island
4. Home Front

You should be familiar with your surroundings, your home should be pretty well stocked. You should have plans on how to reinforce it should SHTF. When all hell breaks loose, take a little time, secure the home front, see whats happening and make a well informed decision based on the type of threat. This should keep you alive, at least for the first week or so and maybe more depending on where you live.

From my home, I am less than a quarter of a mile from egg laying chickens, cows and various other live stock, an acre sized garden (that is planted for spring and fall), small section of woods where i have seen a couple deer, tons of squirrel and other little edible morsels. If I go to a 5 mile radius from my house, now I can include a processing plant thats open year round, fall/winter the place is processing deer for the hunters, but its also the place where the local farmers bring their pigs and cows to be processed. In other words, theres literally TONS of fresh meat. I know they have back up generators on their freezers and stuff, but dont know how long they will last without power once we lose it. Either way, that will be one of my first stops just to get some fresh meat and save myself a couple rounds of ammo. Its located on back roads and not the main road so I dont see myself having a problem with running into big swarms of zombies.

So now, ask yourself, whats around YOU?

Last edited:
Well we didnt get any new suggestions this week, even with the new people joining up. Thats ok, we are going to keep it simple this week. You will have a good chance of survival if you stay in a place you are familiar with. Knowing which road, back alley, wood trail etc leads where, is good information to have. No maps needed. So for the plan this week, and this should have been plan #1, we are going to hunker down at your own house.

1. Montezuma's Castle
2. Quantico
3. Private island
4. Home Front

So now, ask yourself, whats around YOU?

That works. Everyone should have a plan centered around their home front. Good call.

For next week though; I would like to nominate the missile silo/house plan. It was brought up a couple of weeks ago and again with more specifics within the last few days. It has its ups and downs like every plan does, but I don't think it has really gotten a fair shake yet.

Some of these silos clearly have been restored at least partially from their prior utilitarian purposes. The security cannot be matched with almost any other site. You can be literally sealed away from all zombie dangers. Now, stock piling could be difficult for extended stays but I still think this could work.

We should at least put it to a vote against another plan that I thought was dismissed a little early; the cruise ship.

I honestly hadn't thought about the cruise ship before and intially I thought what a genius idea; but the reality of stocking and fueling such a massive vessel set in. Just look at what happened with that cruise ship that was stranded off the coast of California for a few days without power. But, there must be a way to make it work.

both the cruise ship and the missile silo are both on the list for the ZPOTW. They both made the list...in fact, every idea makes the list eventually. So keep the ideas coming.

There are no bad ideas or perfect ideas. Having lots of plans and ideas betters all of our chances for survival

Last edited:

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
this one's for next week...or to be added into a current plan.

armoredcar3.gif

armoredcar2.jpg

A surprise boom to the auto maker 'after market' industry seems to be emerging in the form of custom protected road vehicles.Designed to protect the occupants from small to medium level zombie confrontations, these customized hybrids of SUV's and armored cars are proving to be so popular that demand is far exceeding supply.
World - ZombieWorldNews.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread