◙ Li’l PINCH (←thang) ◙ pdib (←maker) ◙ not sayin’ (←just sayin’) ◙ shuh-ZAM! (←hyperbole)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Puppy

Cloud Hound!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Marysville, Washington, USA
maybe mundy can supercharge xpy's tractor :?:
Actually, I was planning to do just that. Once I finally get it that is. I might need all the help I can get when the time comes. :)

I found what I think will be a good fit that was dumbed down to meet Teir IV diesel emissions requirements. No particulate filters or fancy computer modules to crap things up and ruin the reliability.

Kubota L2501 - 24HP stock, but I will be advancing the mechanical fuel injector timing and increasing the fuel volume setting. No money or parts - just some wrench time, which will bump it up to around 30+HP. Maybe bump the timing even more with some machine time by shaving off a few more millimeters from the fuel pump base.

Adding a turbo will bump it up to around 40+HP. I have the parts list and plan of attack all worked out, but it would be handy to know someone who can custom weld stainless pipes.

LOL, then roll up with my puny little 24HP tractor and pull some wheelies. :w00t:

X-Puppy

Cloud Hound!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Marysville, Washington, USA
I won't gussy it up, because who knows how long it'll take me to post it if I wait for poetic inspiration.
(but my plain talkin' is not meant to read as cold or disinterested)
I cancelled the auto-renewal of my ECF fee a while back (as I'd thought to last year; but then didn't).
I'll be turning off the lights in here at/around end of year.

gives us a month to party it up and/or git all sentimental, or whatevs. :sleep:
11 dibi mods later - still my favorite daily drivers.

Lots of good times... Lots of fun. What a great run! :)

I already miss the whole experience!

Don't want to get sappy so I'll stop there.

Thank you all. Especially Peter! :wub:

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I try not to shamelessly self-promote . . but thought I'd mention before closing (as I hadn't mentioned before):
I'm having (or have had) most of my paintings professionally scanned and am also offering archival quality prints. Which, . . . cheaper . . . not cheap, by any stretch, but much less than the originals.
My website has a "paintings" page, and there's info and specifics there.
You can drop by there, in the future, and see what I'm up to, find links and contact info.
It's pdiblamps.com
Also, just to be silly, I thought I'd let this thread have a little peek at 2023; so I figured I'd close it at end of day (for me) on the 1st.

Reactions: X-Puppy

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
sense this thread is about to be closed, I just want to say I feel very fortunate to have this. I was only able to get this one, this is the best devise I own, and a master piece of workmanship. :)

KAS

W2GwqD9.jpg

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
Sense this thread is about to be closed, I just want to say I feel very fortunate to have this. I was only able to get this one, this is the best devise I own, and a master piece of workmanship. :)

KAS

W2GwqD9.jpg
thanks for coming out of your lurky hole to say that.
I'm really glad to hear that my work brings you some pleasure/satisfaction.
:blush:

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
thanks for coming out of your lurky hole to say that.
I'm really glad to hear that my work brings you some pleasure/satisfaction. :blush:

It does exactly that, gives pleasure and satisfaction, and in the form of a fine piece of art. :)

KAS

Edit to add, Happy New Year! :party:

Last edited:

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
And since this thread will close before I finish the VW, here is where I'm at with belt routing. Now there is plenty of belt wrap on the crank pulley for the alternators / fans and the supercharger has the needed belt slip with a 6 rib serpentine belt instead of the ribbed HTD drive.

Attachments

• 20221231_123910.jpg
    20221231_123910.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 8

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
And since this thread will close before I finish the VW, here is where I'm at with belt routing. Now there is plenty of belt wrap on the crank pulley for the alternators / fans and the supercharger has the needed belt slip with a 6 rib serpentine belt instead of the ribbed HTD drive.

I thought it was customary, with Beetles, to use the fuel line of the OEM crappy plastic variety and sort of drape it over the hottest part of the engine?
(lookin' good tho, man)

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Happy New Year !
But...sad :(
Sad to see this is going to be closed up.
Y'all could always start a thread in the Lounge for the group.
I don't have any social media stuff.

My beautiful Pinch and I want to again thank all involved - such an amazing and beloved treasure.
Thank you :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread