☻OFFICIAL☻CyBorg APVS→(DNA20-MODULAR SYSTEM) W/PICS & 26650 ProVari KIT By FLUID

Status
Not open for further replies.

synthros

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Spring Hill,Tn
Well to be fair the purchase information/disclaimer did say :
"What you won't get: An Instagram device that has been rinsed by the tears of a goddess delivered to you wrapped in the softest of unicorn mane.

In other words, this device was designed, manufactured, and priced to use, not to look good on FaceBook. Some of the aluminum and brass has been wet-sanded and polished to a mirror finish so it will show any surface scratch or mark put on it. They may even come with slight surface marks or scratches and will require an occasional buffing to bring the parts back to a full luster. Copper contacts also require occasional cleaning to maintain full performance. If you do not agree with this please do not purchase this device. As stated this is an Advanced device not intended for the beginner. Our beginner kits can be found here: Starter Kits"

That. So ill live with a few minor blemishes. I can't say how it will hold up as I just got it, but so far I'm really really liking it. I suppose what I'm really digging is the dna-20 mainly, but I also love how lightweight the device is. It's literally half the weight of what I'm usually carrying and so far, zero misfires and it hits like a champ.

I wasn't aware of the "bod-mod" that's definitely so something to think about, and it comes with a top cap that would work with this also, correct? On the one hand I like that idea, on the other hand if I buy and use the bod mod and top cap then I have bought an extremely expensive dna control head:(

Ah well I've been using it nonstop since it arrived , its a tad overpriced imho for what it is, but I do like the device. $150 and I would have liked it a lot more. Again its the dna-20 but it seems to be outstandingly battery efficient also. I'm going on 24 hours and still almost half charge left, that never happens for me!

icewall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2011
Copenhagen, Denmark
If you look closely, each of extension rings have a bevel on one side. You put one on top of the main battery tube and and one on the bottom and you'll a smoother look. I believe that's the way it was designed. If it misfires, make sure you are using a button top battery. I was using MNKE and had problems but once I switched to AWs, it never misfired.

Glad you mentioned this! :) The comments above about misfiring had me worried. The rest of the problems mentioned about the mod are not of great concern, but the control module needs to work properly! :)

romz26

Jun 29, 2013
California
Like VR6 turbo said, I do have a scratch on my cyborg in the same spot that he has. But Im not as picky as he is. For me the cyborg works very well and is a very smooth vape. Light weight, even with the bod on. I only have two gripes with this mod.
1. Cant fully turn it off(well its more of a DNA20 thing)
2. AL threaded top cap.

Fixes
1. when you release the bottom button, Iam hoping i can use it as a mecanical off.
2. I hope fluid is going to release a SS topper.

What would I like to see
SS topper w/ss threads.
A low profile topper, if possible.

Frankenmizer

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Dimension V
Just got mine (in brass) and fired it up.

First impressions:

Fit and finish: Very good. Threads are buttery. Finish is polished, but not overly so. In 18350 configuration, heavier than a ProVari Mini.
The Vape: It's a DNA20 mod :)
A little tight for my ProTank2, but a tiny twist of the PT2 to align it's slots to the Cyborg's traingle cuts and it's fine. PT2's are tight on a ProVari - no different here - I have to make the same adjustment on both.
VVV Sidewinder cartotank - fine.

Nice job, Fluid. :)

Everything else will sort itself out over time.

synthros

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Spring Hill,Tn
Stainless steel top cap would be a very welcome addition. The deciding factor for me to go aluminum instead of brass was the weight. It is much lighter than a provari in 1865o mode. I literally forget its in my pocket. While I have carried the provari around for a very long time, its impossible to forget its there;)
The vape is excellent and again I can't get over the battery life I'm getting with this device, very nice! I guess then DNA-20 mods in general must do well with battery efficiency, I am loving this chip. Provari has their own proprietary chip, which is somewhat efficient. I have a nivel chip device that while I like the device is a real battery hog. Neither of them are in the same class as the DNA-20, imho.

Vr6 Turbo

Verified Member
Apr 11, 2013
Orange County
If you look closely, each of extension rings have a bevel on one side. You put one on top of the main battery tube and and one on the bottom and you'll a smoother look. I believe that's the way it was designed. If it misfires, make sure you are using a button top battery. I was using MNKE and had problems but once I switched to AWs, it never misfired.

utqk.jpg

Thx ill give that a shot. To be honest, with the mod being gigantic compared to my other mods in 18350... Ill prob never use the extensions anyhow. One great thing about the dna20 has been that I've been able to go a full day of heavy vaping on a single 18350 at 8.5 watts w/ a 1.5 ohm micro coil in. That really amazed me.

Vr6 Turbo

Verified Member
Apr 11, 2013
Orange County
Well to be fair the purchase information/disclaimer did say :
"What you won't get: An Instagram device that has been rinsed by the tears of a goddess delivered to you wrapped in the softest of unicorn mane.

In other words, this device was designed, manufactured, and priced to use, not to look good on FaceBook. Some of the aluminum and brass has been wet-sanded and polished to a mirror finish so it will show any surface scratch or mark put on it. They may even come with slight surface marks or scratches and will require an occasional buffing to bring the parts back to a full luster. Copper contacts also require occasional cleaning to maintain full performance. If you do not agree with this please do not purchase this device. As stated this is an Advanced device not intended for the beginner. Our beginner kits can be found here: Starter Kits"

That. So ill live with a few minor blemishes. I can't say how it will hold up as I just got it, but so far I'm really really liking it. I suppose what I'm really digging is the DNA-20 mainly, but I also love how lightweight the device is. It's literally half the weight of what I'm usually carrying and so far, zero misfires and it hits like a champ.

I wasn't aware of the "bod-mod" that's definitely so something to think about, and it comes with a top cap that would work with this also, correct? On the one hand I like that idea, on the other hand if I buy and use the bod mod and top cap then I have bought an extremely expensive dna control head:(

Ah well I've been using it nonstop since it arrived , its a tad overpriced imho for what it is, but I do like the device. $150 and I would have liked it a lot more. Again its the dna-20 but it seems to be outstandingly battery efficient also. I'm going on 24 hours and still almost half charge left, that never happens for me!

True Synthros...it's definitely not winning any beauty competitions. I also noticed that about the battery life. I could NEVER go a full day with a single 18350. Even with s provari set to low volts...18490/18500 minimum. Loving the dna20 technology thus far but with it being so flimsy feeling...gonna take some getting used to(compared to all my ss mods.)

Vr6 Turbo

Verified Member
Apr 11, 2013
Orange County
Like VR6 turbo said, I do have a scratch on my cyborg in the same spot that he has. But Im not as picky as he is. For me the cyborg works very well and is a very smooth vape. Light weight, even with the bod on. I only have two gripes with this mod.
1. Cant fully turn it off(well its more of a DNA20 thing)
2. AL threaded top cap.

Fixes
1. when you release the bottom button, Iam hoping i can use it as a mecanical off.
2. I hope fluid is going to release a SS topper.

What would I like to see
SS topper w/ss threads.
A low profile topper, if possible.

I agree. A ss top cap is seriously needed. And hopefully it won't have the slant so 22mm tanks and drippers won't look awkward. Or at least a flat(non slanted) top cap will be an option. Glad ur enjoying it bro I do think for what it is, it's way over priced but I'm learning to enjoy it and look past the gripes I originally had.

Vr6 Turbo

Verified Member
Apr 11, 2013
Orange County
Ok so an updated review after 2 full days of primarily using the cyborg.

It seems the button no longer misfires. To be totally fair, it could've been user error and that I wasn't used to such a tiny button. It's fired every time the whole day so I think it's safe to say the button is reliable and solid.

The weight: I'm getting used to the weight of it. At first, Ill be totally honest- it just felt cheap. Eventhough it didn't look cheap, the weight of it didn't instill any confidence in me dripping it or using it as my out-and-about pv(I'm just so used to my ss jm22, QZI megatron and MKB ts). But the more I use it the more I appreciate its light weight. I haven't dropped it or it hasn't hit anywhere for me to find out how strong it is but I'm hoping its strong enough to be used as a daily pv.

The reversed buttons: as much as I see it as a serious design flaw, I've gotten used to it. But for the price tag of this thing, you don't expect to receive an item with buttons upside down. So although I still stand behind my opinion in it being a design flaw and- quite frankly- ......ed...it's not much of a big deal once u get used to it. Also, most of the DNA20 mods I see are box mods and adjustments are made with the chip upright and the reversed buttons wouldn't be a problem. What I mean is if you stand the cyborg upright...the buttons are correctly placed since the button on the right would increase wattage and the button on the left would decrease the wattage. Maybe that's just the way the dna20 is designed and may not be a particular design flaw by Fluid. I don't build DNA20 mods so I don't really know.

The scratch: well, it sucks but doesn't suck enough for me to deal with the inconvenience of contacting fluid, shipping it back, wait for it to arrive, etc. I may be picky but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect I receive a product free from damage.

The extension tubes: with it being so long even in 18350 mode and it having such low battery consumption, I'm just not going to use the extensions. If I decide to, ill give it a shot with what was recommended to me above.

All in all, i think that my initial impression/review might have been a bit harsh. But it was one of those "u gotta be freakin kidding me" moments when I noticed the up/down buttons were upside down. The extension tubes not threading together completely just topped it off. I guess after the amount of time it took to become available, waiting this long and ALL the hype, I expected it to be a bit more well...refined I suppose.

Functionally it works great and has not given me any problems. What bothered me may not bother you...but those things aside, it functions flawlessly and hits reliably(I'd obviously refrain from saying it "hits hard" because that would be dependent on wattage, e liquid, atty, etc)

icewall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2011
Copenhagen, Denmark
I'm getting the impression that most orders have arrived. I finally got the tracking info Monday. On Tuesday USPS updated with "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on August 20, 2013 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if/when available" and that's still the status now. Hope something happens soon :) Is anyone else still waiting for their orders or am I the last one? ;)

rcoute

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2012
Canada Quebec
I'm getting the impression that most orders have arrived. I finally got the tracking info Monday. On Tuesday USPS updated with "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on August 20, 2013 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if/when available" and that's still the status now. Hope something happens soon :) Is anyone else still waiting for their orders or am I the last one? ;)

Same whit me Canada international shipping

317Vapers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Indiana
www.youtube.com
Ok so an updated review after 2 full days of primarily using the cyborg.

It seems the button no longer misfires. To be totally fair, it could've been user error and that I wasn't used to such a tiny button. It's fired every time the whole day so I think it's safe to say the button is reliable and solid.

The weight: I'm getting used to the weight of it. At first, Ill be totally honest- it just felt cheap. Eventhough it didn't look cheap, the weight of it didn't instill any confidence in me dripping it or using it as my out-and-about pv(I'm just so used to my ss jm22, QZI megatron and MKB ts). But the more I use it the more I appreciate its light weight. I haven't dropped it or it hasn't hit anywhere for me to find out how strong it is but I'm hoping its strong enough to be used as a daily pv.

The reversed buttons: as much as I see it as a serious design flaw, I've gotten used to it. But for the price tag of this thing, you don't expect to receive an item with buttons upside down. So although I still stand behind my opinion in it being a design flaw and- quite frankly- ......ed...it's not much of a big deal once u get used to it. Also, most of the DNA20 mods I see are box mods and adjustments are made with the chip upright and the reversed buttons wouldn't be a problem. What I mean is if you stand the cyborg upright...the buttons are correctly placed since the button on the right would increase wattage and the button on the left would decrease the wattage. Maybe that's just the way the dna20 is designed and may not be a particular design flaw by Fluid. I don't build DNA20 mods so I don't really know.

The scratch: well, it sucks but doesn't suck enough for me to deal with the inconvenience of contacting fluid, shipping it back, wait for it to arrive, etc. I may be picky but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect I receive a product free from damage.

The extension tubes: with it being so long even in 18350 mode and it having such low battery consumption, I'm just not going to use the extensions. If I decide to, ill give it a shot with what was recommended to me above.

All in all, i think that my initial impression/review might have been a bit harsh. But it was one of those "u gotta be freakin kidding me" moments when I noticed the up/down buttons were upside down. The extension tubes not threading together completely just topped it off. I guess after the amount of time it took to become available, waiting this long and ALL the hype, I expected it to be a bit more well...refined I suppose.

Functionally it works great and has not given me any problems. What bothered me may not bother you...but those things aside, it functions flawlessly and hits reliably(I'd obviously refrain from saying it "hits hard" because that would be dependent on wattage, e liquid, atty, etc)

you know you can flip the screen orientation as well. this would make the buttons in the right orientation.

I'm having problems with mine right out of the box, 1 of the small buttons is stuck. I'm able to adjust it but there is no click to it liek the other small button and you have to wiggle it and press before it will adjust the settings. Plus there was tons of polish residue all over the mod, my hands were black after i got it out of the box and bag

Vr6 Turbo

Verified Member
Apr 11, 2013
Orange County
you know you can flip the screen orientation as well. this would make the buttons in the right orientation.

I'm having problems with mine right out of the box, 1 of the small buttons is stuck. I'm able to adjust it but there is no click to it liek the other small button and you have to wiggle it and press before it will adjust the settings. Plus there was tons of polish residue all over the mod, my hands were black after i got it out of the box and bag

U know, I actually tried that(after I figured out it was an option) but all it did was flip the screen. So I'm right handed, therefore I make my adjustments with my right hand *insert witty comment here* and if I do that with the flipped screen.,,well...I can't read it because its upside down in relation to me. Sure the buttons get reversed but so does the screen and I can't read it upside down. If u know of another way please let me know as I'd love to try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread