Status
Not open for further replies.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
What finish does Tesla have. He's so stunning. My little red stabilized has a somewhat "natural" look and feel if you can use that term for stabilized. ;)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry Alice but I didn't see your post otherwise I would have answered long ago. I believe (Rob can correct me if Im wrong) a poly finish. One I hope to get on my next REO. :)

pmoraldo

REO Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gilbert, Arizona
I'm sorry you're not feeling well Rob, I hope you get well soon.

As Rob already mention he is doing good I just keep posting isn this thread because it gives me a place to speak to the Modfather directly
not-worthy.gif

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Sorry Alice but I didn't see your post otherwise I would have answered long ago. I believe (Rob can correct me if Im wrong) a poly finish. One I hope to get on my next REO. :)

Yes The Tesla has a polyurethane finish sorry Alice I should have caught that :)

Thanks guys. Here's my 18490, with 801 connector, "Mini Wanna-be Tesla". It doesn't have the poly coating. At some point I'll be sending it in for a sex change. I wonder if I should have Robert do a poly finish on it. Gil, did you have your's redone because the poly was wearing off?

Or is it maybe better to keep using the very hard clear paste wax I use on it? I can redo that over and over. (It's the Howard's Hard Paste wax without silicone or that very harmful solvent that some waxes have. It is just about the hardest wood wax I've ever used. Takes lots of elbow grease to get excess off and buffed out.)

RedStabilized18490Collage.jpg

Hugs, Feisty Alice

Last edited:

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
Thanks guys. Here's my 18490, with 801 connector, "Mini Wanna-be Tesla". It doesn't have the poly coating. At some point I'll be sending it in for a sex change. I wonder if I should have Robert do a poly finish on it. Gil, did you have your's redone because the poly was wearing off?

Or is it maybe better to keep using the very hard clear paste wax I use on it? I can redo that over and over. (It's the Howard's Hard Paste wax without silicone or that very harmful solvent that some waxes have. It is just about the hardest wood wax I've ever used. Takes lots of elbow grease to get excess off and buffed out.)

RedStabilized18490Collage.jpg

Hugs, Feisty Alice

Hi Sweet Alice

Nope..it came that way. Tho its been to the shop for some repairs due to heavy usage and a heavy hand, I have protected the finish. I seldom touch with my hands. It wears a red jammys 24/7.:facepalm: After I screwed up the Nebula finish :( I'll never try to play woodsman again. Even the great and powerful oz Modmaster could undo what I did. Never again...I preordered jammys for Nebula 2.0 when the time comes. :lol:

VVTESLAHOME.JPG

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Hi Sweet Alice

Nope..it came that way. Tho its been to the shop for some repairs due to heavy usage and a heavy hand, I have protected the finish. I seldom touch with my hands. It wears a red jammys 24/7.:facepalm: After I screwed up the Nebula finish :( I'll never try to play woodsman again. Even the great and powerful oz Modmaster could undo what I did. Never again...I preordered jammys for Nebula 2.0 when the time comes. :lol:

VVTESLAHOME.JPG

Thanks Gil. I think I'll stick with the hard paste wax. It has responded well to that. I don't let my "Mini Tesla Wanna-be" accompany me for rough or dirty conditions. That's what Silver Mini 1.0, Silver VVG, and Black Wrinkle VVG are for. Mostly Silver Mini 1.0 because I can give him a hot soapy bath. But Silver VVG has taken a few "swims", spa and twice into cold, dirty, greasy dish water. Came out rosy after gentle blow-out, upside down soak in alcohol, gentle blow-out, and then two days sunbathing.

Hugs, Feisty Alice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread