Status
Not open for further replies.

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
2. Comment below with your travel story, and we will pick 3 or 5 winners from the comments.
When I was in high school I went on a tour of Europe. We started in England, then traveled to Holland. A few of us went out to a bar not realizing it wasn't a normal bar. It was a "smoking " bar. We had a great time trying different stuff then spent 2 hours finding our hotel. An hour later we were out again trying to find food!
We left Holland a few days later having spent most of our time in that bar or a restaurant down the street. We went to a couple more countries and reached Switzerland. Our second day we went skiing and someone ran into me knocking me halfway down the mountain. Turns out the dr said I tore ligaments in my left knee. I spent my time taking pain pills and eating Swiss chocolate till they could arrange a flight home for me.
I got home and the only souvenirs I had was swiss chocolate. My dr said I had only strained the ligaments and it was a good thing I hadn't let them operate(it was close). Plus they lost my luggage which showed up a week later. Definitely a trip to remember even if I only remember a little of Holland ;)

Last edited:

Alpharius40k

Moved On
Aug 8, 2019
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: multiple account

Alpharius40k

Moved On
Aug 8, 2019
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: multiple account

Natawa77

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2018
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: duplicate account

Natawa77

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2018
  • Deleted by Misty

VStorm

ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2017
1. Here is one from current travel location. vaping on top of the world [emoji100][emoji100]
7114efb545504a47b090d7c37f322402.jpg

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
2. Comment below with your travel story, and we will pick 3 or 5 winners from the comments.
I used to get stuck in customs a lot with my vape because most never saw a mod before just cig-a-likes so usually I'd just explain it's an e-cig and they'd wave me on through.... but one of my trips to egypt the lady in abu dhabi, I don't know if she didn't believe me or she was too shy to ask about it, but she told me to wait and walked off with it, I thought for sure she was going to confiscate it... but then came back and said she had to ask her boss and even he'd not seen one like it and asked me to show her how it worked hehehe vaping in the airport ;) but once she saw it was what I said it was she let me pass but I almost missed my connecting flight

Elvir4ik

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2018
  • Deleted by Misty

Elvir4ik

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2018
  • Deleted by Misty
In January 2006 my friend Jon & I flew from our home in Columbus, Ohio to Boston, Massachusetts to visit our friend Joe at Harvard University.
While waiting to board the plane to depart, we got pretty drunk at the bar & started people-watching, making commentary that was absolutely hilarious to us, & probably only us. But we had a ton of fun & ultimately were able to stay composed enough to be allowed to board the plane. Where we continued wisecracking throughout the entire flight. It was awesome.
When we arrived at Harvard we met up with Joe & settled in at his apartment, Matt some of his school mates, then immediately began walking all around campus & Boston itself, even going as far as taking the T (subway) all over the map to Cambridge among other nearby places, too many to list.
We walked EVERYWHERE in that four-day span. We walked so much that I decided to buy new shoes from a store we passed downtown. Even though it killed my feet to walk so much when I wasn't really used to it, we were so, so fortunate because those 4 days in mid-January were unseasonably gorgeous. With the exception of our first night there, every day was sunny & in the high 60's. We couldn't believe it, we had warm spring weather in the middle of winter in New England.
Anyway, I got to visit Harvard University & so many of its landmarks, MIT, & walked the Freedom Trail on top of so much other stuff to see. I believe I saw more of Boston during that trip then I ever have even of my home city of Columbus, LOL.
I'll never forget what a great time we had. I don't get to travel often, so I don't know if I'll ever be able to beat that warm winter visit to Harvard & the greater Boston area. Somewhere I still have the Harvard t-shirt I bought from their actual campus bookstore, & I'll never get rid of it. :)

That warmeth my alumna heart. glad you enjoyed yourself. (It's better to be a tourist than a student, is MHO. ;)

My own travel story, a brief one, could be either traveling to Korea at age 9 (1974) and ending up with a 4-foot-long "fish" tapeworm I only discovered some years later. (Don't eat sushi right off a boat. It has to be frozen, first. Parasites.)

Or, more palatably, when I went to Greece my junior year on break (1984), got to Athens by ferry at night, first thing next a.m. asked the hostel owner where the Acropolis was, followed his directions and turned at a wide intersection- down this broad blvd. previously not visible, there it was. With the Greek morning sun gleaming off the white marble of the Parthenon. Like when the Athenians held at Marathon, remembering their sacred citadel guarded by their patroon goddess. Right. There. I got tears. (I was a Classics major, whaddya want.)

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
2)
My travel story involves flight from L.A. to Atlanta. I was in first class, by the window, thought I was stealth vaping. Stewardess called me up front, said someone took a picture of me vaping and "no vaping allowed" I apologized profusely, stopped vaping and glared at who I thought the snitches were for the rest of the flight

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
My travel story involves my daughter's 16th birthday, the Goofy resort at Disney World, and my wife being very angry at me.

Our daughter loves Epcot and wanted to spend her 16th birthday there. I view Epcot's placing great importance on the availability of alcoholic beverages as a mere convenience. We had a wonderful time that first day, only to be followed by a night of embarrassment and "honey what did you do now" references. I think it's the tone my wife used that makes me remember it so well.

I decided to vape in the hotel room. I mean hey, the margaritas were awesome. I guess it was about an hour in, getting lost in my vape watching Bear Grills and some actor who I can't remember trying to traverse a cliff after eating a leg of dear they found in the woods-- the damn fire alarms start screaming, and evidently it all indicates it's coming from my room. Security came just as I was waving a bathroom towel in front of the smoke detector, trying desperately to get it to stop. When they walked in they were met with clouds of Banana Mint Milkshake from the Plume Room.

My wife and kids came down the hallway just as I was walking the last suitcase to the car. It was rough telling them what had happened as they sat there soaking wet. Luckily we were able to find a Days Inn 15 miles up the road that had bedbugs! I didn't vape in the room.

Reactions: smacuser

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Am I too late? :(

@Skeebo ;)

Of Course I am not the "Vendor", nor Brand Manager @Vladdinvapor_Alisa - however, IMHO - Since a winner hasn't been chosen yet and the thread is still active . . . You're not late yet . . . So -Join the FUN ! ! ! :banana: AND - Tell Us about "Your Travel Story" . . . :thumbs:

Just Sayin' . . . ;)

Reactions: smacuser

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Of Course I am not the "Vendor", nor Brand Manager @Vladdinvapor_Alisa So -Join the FUN ! ! ! :banana: AND - Tell Us about "Your Travel Story" . . . :thumbs:

Just Sayin' . . . ;)
    It was a short story told through the magic of cinema. :D

Okay. Last Fall, I took a trip to Thailand and didn't bring any gear. I bought some snus to try to tough it out, but it didn't work. Needless to say, I found I could fly for 24 hours without nicotine. That wasn't so great.

Oh, but I did get this pic in Cuba earlier this year near where we stayed.

img_0972-jpg.820675

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread