1 cartrage= 25 packs .... MY AS*!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mell4now

Apr 24, 2011
Western MA.
Hello all, please excuse my ettiqite as this is my first post on this site

I just bought my very first e-cig on monday 4/19 from a mall keosk. Glow Fine Electronic Cigarette - Glow Stik Deluxe Kit Home Page I have to say overall I am only somewhat satisfied with it, it seems to need a lot of tinkering and I go thru 2 batteries a day.

When I smoke regular cigarettes I go thru about 7-14 a day. The salesperson said that one sealed carterage is equivilant to 25 cigs. I found that a sealed carterage only lasts about 20-30 decent puffs, or about hour of use (if that). Now there is no way that i feel as though I smoked 1 and a quarter packs in an hour!!! I refilled the carterage with e-liquid and 10 drops also lasts about a half hour of use and needs a lot of tinkering with in order to make consistant vapor and flavor out of each puff. --( some puffs taste like burnt filter, others taste sweet, and some make a lot of vapor but taste weak.) Im almost convinced that I need to upgrade to a better one within the next few weeks.

WHat I really like is that it comes with a rechargable portable battery pack that after unplugged from the wall charges the cigs on the go. However I find that I go thru both batteries in one day.

Still trying to figure out where the weak link is -- weather its the wussy batteries, crappy juice, or if the whole package just needs an upgrade. Or if all I am experiencing is normal:confused:

CBB

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Pennsylvania
Most standard cartridges are equivalent to about 3-5 cigarettes in most people's opinion. I think the cartridge equals a pack claim comes from the fact that roughly the same amount of nicotine is inhaled. Only about one mg of the tobacco in a cigarette survives the burning process and enters your body in the smoke. A one mil cartridge filled with 18-24 mg/ml cartridge would provide that much nicotine as well, but that is not saying how much of the nic is actually absorbed from the vapor and how much is exhaled. I am quite sure their claim is based on how much gross nicotine enters your body, it has nothing to do with how long the cartridges last or how many cigarettes it "feels like."

permafrying

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
montrose co
my first two kits sucked for different reasons, first one i baught just to try it was a cheap off brand from a smoke shop for like 40 with an extra 10 pack of carts. wanted it just to try it out and it got me into vaping so cant complain to much i guess but a cart was barely a couple smokes it was really really small. then i baught the premium over priced for 70 after tax and found out it was a kr808d-1 i could have gotten for 30-35 online and i killed the auto battery after a week but i do love the model and have found allot of sites for parts. but if you cant afford to upgrade look arround on the forum for the blue foam or teabag mod for your carts so you can get more juice into them and puff on them longer

smut peddler

May 2, 2010
hell
I would definitely upgrade to a better ecig, that shouldn't happen. The vapor should be consistent. But going through 2 batteries a day is normal for most cigarette-style ecigs. I have tried one gas station e-cig, and I wouldn't be surprised if the ones they sell at places like mall kiosks and gas stations are designed to be bad - refills are always way expensive, and the product is never very good. I would recommend looking online, there are many good reviews on this site to help you find a better kit.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
ripoff rebranders lie

You need to buy a decent brand that has both atomizer+cartridge and also good soft-cap cartomizers. And you refill everythign with eliquid. And I recommend manual batteries which are less likely to be killed by juice leaks.

Cartridge? I am still using my first cartridge. I refill and occasionally clean and restuff it. One cartridge can be used a long time. And the 2nd and 3rd ecigs I bought are ones I use cartomizers on (510 and KR808D-1) - nice soft cap cartos, hold twice as much liquid as a cartridge or more, soft cap pops out and I can add more juice. Each one lasts about a week since they have internal atomizers and are disposable.

And get out of that free trial! read the sticky thread about Free Trials.

Last edited:

mrengles

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2011
My Smoke 51's manual says each cart equals about 1 - 2 packs of analogs. The kiosk sales men told me a 5 pack was about a carton of cigarettes. This of course is total BS as far as inhales and exhales. The nicotine might be similar though.

I wonder if the human body absorbs nicotine better in smoke form like an analog then in vapor form? nicotine is also absorbed thought the mucus membrane in the mouth I believe.

I've notice I've been vaping more then I actually would have smoked. I might need too vape a higher MG. Currently I'm at 18mg.

I'm loving this hole vaping thing though. (I feel much cleaner.) I just ordered a better PV from V4L and some stronger juice from halocigs. I'll let you know how it goes.

Mrengles

BlackPigeon

Apr 2, 2011
Texas
V4L is a good choice. They have a wide selection of flavors, but snoop around and find some that you like (back woods brew and johnson creek are somepopular ones). Most e-liquid sites will offer a good deal on sample packs of liquid, too.

As for vaping more than you would normally smoke, that happened to me too. I think it's the idea of analogs being restricted; you're used to having a cigarette when you can (outside of a bar, on a 5minute break). But now you can vape whenever you want, so you're indulging. it'll even out.

Mell4now

Apr 24, 2011
Western MA.
Thanks for all your replies so far. I will be looking to upgrade in the near future but plan to keep this one as a back up. Ordered a bunch of custom liquids from "gormet vapors" (a site i found in someones post) and a few liquids from another site. I definately have some homework to do before I pick a different one as I am still a bit confused as to what all the parts are outside of what mine has. Thanks again for all the input on my post!!!!

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I recommend if you want a slim ecig you buy one of the two most supported models

Joye 510 (similar to what you have but lost of blank cartomizers available, and NoSMokeVA.com has a 510 PCC similar to the Glow one
or
KR808D-1 / Vapor4Life.com which has lots of prefilled cartomizers and a good selection of blank ones too, and can use another model's atomizer

And I recommend manual batteries - less likely to be damaged by juice leaks, won't accidentally turn on form wind or vibration, gove more control of your hit

And you will not get a pack's worth of drags out of anything. But you can add eliquid and get probably months of use out of a cartridge or a week or more use out of what many prefer - cartomizers

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
What you're experiencing is normal for mall kiosk products, the whole package is crap... but if it got you here consider it money well spent.

If you're looking for ways to make the most out of what you have now, let us know and I'm sure quite a few people will have advice for you.

If you are looking to get something a little better, let us know what your budget is and what you're looking for. Specifically is size important to you, battery life, time between refills, etc. Keep in mind that the better the battery life (or how much juice it can hold) tends to mean larger in size.

If you want to do some looking around yourself, anyone that is a supplier on here has gone through at least basic checks to ensure they aren't complete rip-offs and don't make false claims (such as 1 cart = 25 cigarettes).

Analog1990

Apr 17, 2011
CA
I started with a "gas station" starter kit, the N-PRO... From what I could tell in reviews and such, it was a decent kit. I still use it at work, and also go through about 2 fully charged batteries. But I attribute that to the fact I'm using it about 80% of the time, LOL

I think that initially I wanted the novelty of a Analog-Looking PV... Thus the kit was appealing. I'm only just @ under 2 weeks vaping, and have built my own pass-thru and picked up both a wall and car adapter. This helps to keep my batteries available & full for non-tethered periods of time (ie, work)

In terms of Carto duration, I find that one carto (~20 drops) lasts a good few hours... 2-4 depending on frequency of use. I always pack (2) cartos to rotate between so as not to run dry & burn it out.

The initial cost of everything was abit high Totaling nearly $125 :
$50 starter kit
$30 Car/Wall Adapter for PT
$16 (10x) 4081 cartos (Liberty Flights)
$30 Various 24mg E-Juice (Liberty Flights)
$00 Custom made PassThrough
PRICELESS - Not smoking analogs

I figure i'm set for many months (say 3-4) in terms of Juice, and may need fresh cartos on occasion.
In 3-4 months I would have easily spent $350-400 in analogs @ 2 cartons per month..

I too was alittle disappointed with various aspects :
Carto duration, battery life, charge time....

But I VERY QUICKLY got over it.... Accepted how they worked, and concentrated on the fact that I no longer smoked...
Now, I'm just trying to keep things in perspective... to ensure that I NEVER need to light up again...

Chuck Gnarly

Verified Member
Feb 24, 2011
Victoria, BC
For $35 you could have the last e-cig you'll ever technically "need". The Riva 510 SE Starter Kit from Liberty-Flights.com

Money seriously well spent. 8/8 of my recently converted friends agree. It won't stop you from wanting a pricey mod eventually though!

For that, there's the Reo Grand - a pricey and scarce (from ultra-extreme demand) uber-mod that will outlast your hypothetical grandchildren.

Dyanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2009
here :d
I just recieved and tried my Riva from Liberty-Flights today as my second pv bought, and so far am very pleased with overall use and quality. I bought a similar pv two years ago similar to a kiosk mall model and had very disapponting results. I think Riva 510 may be the pv that gets me off analogs (14 years) this time around. :)

ShannonA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2011
Tyler, Tx
Dust yourself off... call it a lesson learned and go here. Get you a riva it's a decent and inexpensive kit to start out on. You will probably want to upgrade later but that's common most of us do. Also listen to dormouse send your stuff back and cancel your subscription with them. If I were you I'd change my credit card no. too because some of those agreements are near impossible to get out of.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
i also found i vape way more than i ever smoked. but i think its because when you r smoking the cig ends. when ur vaping u can just keep going. als vaping taste much better. especially with the crazy amount of choices in flavors.

Yep...quitting smoking never tasted so good.

Please get out of that contract. One lady on ECF said she was charged $600. It took her 2 months to get it stopped. Her hubby is a lawyer and the threatened to file a suit against them. That's what it took, a threatened lawsuit, for the company to finally issue her a refund. Please do yourself a favor and cancel it and then change your credit card number.

Mell4now

Apr 24, 2011
Western MA.
Thanks again for all the input on my first post. To the best of my knowledge (and I hope I am right on this assumption) I did not subscribe to anything from the keosk, just bought enough crap to last me till I get some online orders in. The cig has been working a bit better these past few days, but I definately want another!!! I just am completely overwhelmed with information. Is there a way to tell which posts are from actual consumers and which posts are advertisement from product vendors??

Last edited:

Bayemon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Omaha
Ordered a bunch of custom liquids from "gormet vapors" (a site i found in someones post) and a few liquids from another site.

One suggestion I would add to help save money in the long run... you have the right idea with hitting up a couple vendors. I would order small from a few vendors before committing to any larger orders. Even if you see them recommended by 9/10 people. Not because they may not be quality juices, but taste is SUCH a personal thing with vaping. Test the waters here and there until you find what you like and settle on your "all day" vapes.

Then go crazy and order a hundred flavors like so many do... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread