1. Why is my Echo dual coil 808 cartomizer underperforming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndyJones

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2012
Clearwater, FL
floridalawweb.com
I have 808 batts:
1. the smallest Volt X2 –manual
2. the smallest standard volt batt – auto, and,
3. a 5.0volt (Vapor Girl military batt –auto).
I bought the carto to go with my military batt. There is a gap if I use the echo carto on the X2 but I do not have a problem with leaking or getting too much air if I do. Has anyone experienced the dual carto at voltage higher than 5.0.

I started off this carto with a fruity premixed SV brand 70/30 blackberry juice, 12 mg and have also tried some fruity type 50/50 24 mg and LJ’s E-smoke brand Heaven’s Nectar flavor 50/50 24 mg

I get juice in my mouth the first few vapes after topping off the juice and even with a half full carto that has been laid on it's side. Otherwise, the flavor is not bad albeit a little metallic, but the vapor production is sub par on my batts. I do like the look of the echo cartos on my fatt batt. Are the single coil echo cartos worth a try at $3 apiece? I paid about $3.50 for the dual carto.

What does the echo dual coil carto look like on the inside? Are the coils horizontal or vertical? stacked or side by side?

If one of coils is located on the bottom and the other is located in the middle or on the top, does that make it more likely to burn the filler material or not get a full vape if the carto has not been topped off with liquid?

What is the resistance range specifications of the echo cartos for the 808 batt? I asked the vendor about this and he did not give me a voltage range but said he put them on a meter and they measured 3.1 ohms for the single and 3.2 for the dual. If no one has the specifications perhaps I can get a second opinion on the resistance - i do not have a volt meter.

thank you for any help/info.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Considering the dual coil idea it seems perfect, two coils = twice the vapor...:)... but there's a catch. To get twice the vapor your battery needs to provide twice the power to the carto, and a small 3.7v battery just can't do it.

For your 3.7v batteries, a single coil at about 2.0 - 2.5 ohms will produce a nice warm vape and good flavor.

Your 5v regulated battery would shine at 3.2 ohms, using a single coil carto. To get the same results at 5v using a dual coil carto your battery would need to be able to produce over 3 amps, which is more than many mods can do.

Regarding juice in your mouth, just be sure to put a tissue on the battery end and blow through the drip tip on every fill. This will clear out the airway of misplaced juice, keep it where it belongs...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread