LUMIA 1520
dy5uty7a

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Depends on the build... some builds don't even come alive until you throw 40-50+ watts at them (and still is a 'cool' vape). Then again, I like building crazy coils.

The highest wattage I vape is normally in a Tobh with the stock airholes drilled. I use microcoils around a 1/16th drill bit. More then enough for me with a simple, dual coil, build. Do you need higher wattages for quad coils? If so, do you drill out the airholes? I thought more coils equal more heat?

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
I'd wait and see. I pre-ordered some mods from them. Great price and did well untill KSD 30 Watt Vamo on Steroids. A total POJ. Not as good as a Zmax and no where near 30 watts. The site did take it back but. They are still selling them and all the negative reviews magically disappeared including mine. I attempted to leave another review and it was never posted. I'd be wary when buying from them let someone else try it and maybe even get in a review. I will not be doing any more business with them. Was so disappointed they acted like that.

ej1024

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2014
usa
I'd wait and see. I pre-ordered some mods from them. Great price and did well untill KSD 30 Watt Vamo on Steroids. A total POJ. Not as good as a Zmax and no where near 30 watts. The site did take it back but. They are still selling them and all the negative reviews magically disappeared including mine. I attempted to leave another review and it was never posted. I'd be wary when buying from them let someone else try it and maybe even get in a review. I will not be doing any more business with them. Was so disappointed they acted like that.

I learned my lesson...no more

Koeikan

Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
Seattle
The highest wattage I vape is normally in a Tobh with the stock airholes drilled. I use microcoils around a 1/16th drill bit. More then enough for me with a simple, dual coil, build. Do you need higher wattages for quad coils? If so, do you drill out the airholes? I thought more coils equal more heat?

In my experience, it's more the type of coil/wire than the number of individual coils, but everything being the same more coils/power will be hotter... I have drilled out airholes (RSST, etc), but usually not. Also, there are single coil setups that fall into the same qualification (don't come alive until you pump in some power... one recent example is the 10 wrap quad parallel single coil on 28awg build RIP did a couple weeks ago... it takes too long to heat up at 30 watts IMO since it's such a long coil... same applies if you want to mess around with diamond style coils, etc, etc). Meanwhile, I've had other builds that ran at 15-18 watts and were too hot to use after a few minutes.

...all that being said, 14-28 watts is my normal range for 90% of the more traditional setups I throw together, but there are outliers on some builds I really enjoyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread