15 million prize family chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
Well, I found my problem. Not sure what caused it, but it's a pretty big problem. :(

So I didn't think my tv was the issue originally, because I turned on the cable and a game system. The component and cable worked fine. However, I have discovered that all 3 of the HDMI ports on my tv no longer work. I plugged my computer into hubby's tv and it worked fine, tried plugging hubby's PC computer into my tv with nothing. :cry:

Aw damn. I know a little about replacing graphics cards if it had been the port on the computer... I know nothing about tvs... :(

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
Ok, good stuff first.

YAY!!!!! I love this group. Y'all are amazing. Jseah, I don't know of anyone (outside of here) that would give away a brand new mod they won in an exclusive contest just to help somebody and make them smile. :thumbs:

Lannie, I sincerely hope you enjoy that Disrupter. Not in the manner of you better or else, but in the manner of it's a great mod and should serve you well, and because it has such special meaning to it. :vapor::thumb:

Seleya, sorry about the 'puter troubles. I used to do that all the time with my laptop. Stupid ex shattered the brand new Dell's screen, so I used a 19" tv. If you have any other outputs on the computer available try one of those to the tv. I know a lot of the newer ones only have HDMI though. :nah:

Now the bad.

I'm jinxed. :( *sigh*

I was mowing the lawn trying to make everything pretty-fied for BF's return on Saturday from away job and was being nice to the neighbor. We have no fence between our front yards and it looks funny if one's mowed and the other's not. :blink: We're good friends so I figured, hey it's only an extra 20 mins or so. He's done ours before so I'd return the favor.

I got all the weed wacking done first. Only took 2.5 hours :shock:, cuz nobody's done it in three weeks. Got it edged and trimmed, and cleared out the sections I know the mower doesn't reach.

Went to get the mower and decided to start on the section of yard next to the driveway on the no fence side of the house. Got almost done with that when *ching! rumble rumble rumble* I hit something. :yawn: I had like two strips left and had already cleared his water meter. What the crap? Powered down as fast as I could and investigated.

Apparently, under two weeks of matted crab grass and nobody weed wacked it in forever was this brown thing that had been eaten by the yard. Turns out he has a drain line clean out access in his front yard. That extends from the ground by a couple inches. That is now missing a nice chunk out of the cast metal cap. :eek:

Upon inspection of the mower, the blades are seriously messed up... and it seems I may have bent the shaft. It's a 2yr old Husqvarna 4 wheel drive walk along with the nice Honda engine.

I now have a puzzle piece yard and a potentially livid BF to handle. :-x

If anyone knows of a very deep sizeable hole, please let me know... :facepalm:
No good deed goes unpunished huh? Sometimes it seems that way.

The BF and neighbor will understand it was an accident, right?

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
OK, finally catching up here! First of all, before I forget, HAPPY (early) BIRTHDAY, DUCKY! :bday::banana:

Not a problem. :) You just mentioned you like them (even though you did say the VV ones) and thought I would offer. I probably have a couple of my own still lying around somewhere. I used ego batteries for a good couple of years until I started upgrading and I haven't stopped upgrading since, lol!

I love them! I love the size mostly, because they're easy to grab-n-go with, but now that I've discovered the joys of *more* vapor (and therefore flavor), I need a bit more than the 3.7 volts they have. With the spinner, I could turn it up some, probably to something over 4 volts, and the vapor and flavor improved immensely. So like I said, I will probably always have at least a couple of the "babies" in my collection. Also for sentimental reasons. They were my first. ;)

So go out to do some shopping and sushi, and miss all the fun. Y'know I kept thinking that if Lannie had won a Disrupter today, it would have ruined the surprise. As much as I thought of it being really cool to have an ECF branded mod, I knew I would never use it. I got it, took some pictures of it, charged it up and it sat on my desk. So why not pass it on to someone who will use it and keep it in the family at the same time? The tank is the iSub G, so it is matchie/matchie with the Disrupter. Sorry, but the only coils I had was the 0.5 ohm ones, but Lannie should have enough to keep her going for a while. And I wasn't sure if she had juices in nic levels low enough for subohm, so I put in a few bottles at 6 mg that I picked up at the Vape Expo. The funny thing is two of those bottles (the Frost Dragon and the other one by the same company) I don't remember what flavors they are at all. Maybe the Frost Dragon is dragonfruit with menthol? And when I tried looking up the juice maker online, I could not find them at all. At least with the ejuice 2 die 4, you can look them up online. It is Cold Soul, which is citrus fruits and mango with a menthol finish.

Well, John, have no fear that this will get used now. ;) Trust me, IT'S GETTING USED! LOL! I finally figured out (duh!) that the Frost Dragon must be dragon fruit and menthol (and I LOVE IT!!!!), and like you, I found the Cold Soul online, but the last one, Electric Jolt, was a mystery. However, I put some in the iSub tank this morning, and it tastes like FLOWERS. Why it would be called "Electric Jolt" I have no idea. It should be called "Peaceful Garden" or something like that. It's wonderful! I would never have thought to try a flower juice, and the only one I've ever seen is honeysuckle, so maybe that's what this is? I dunno, but it's going to be one of my favorites, while it lasts! LOL!

And actually red was the only one who knew....although I had to let @Amraann in on it since she received the iStick several hours before Lannie received the package, so she wouldn't ruin the surprise in case she mentioned on here that she received the iStick. As far as Lannie knew, she was getting the iStick in the package.

You know, I saw that Amraann had posted something and then deleted it (didn't see what she posted), but then Cody said something about it being perfectly OK to GIVE something, but not to ASK for it except in PM, and I got worried that she might have wanted one of the two, and I almost wrote back to you guys and said to give her whatever she wanted, because I was just fine here ("wanting" something is not "needing," you know?), but I wasn't sure what had gone on and didn't want to jump to conclusions, so I didn't say anything. I'm glad she got the iStick for her friend, but I still feel guilty for sitting here with John's Disrupter. I love it so much, though, that I'm sure the guilt will pass, in time. ;)

She's been so excited all day...I kept giggling at her, and almost felt bad when she didn't win one today and said shed have to let Rich try the other one....lmaooooo

I only meant he could try it to see if he might want something bigger (but he says he doesn't). I had no intentions of GIVING it to him! Never fear! :lol:

With the iSub G, the coil actually acts as the 510 connector. The tank bottom comes in two pieces. If you remove the first (lower) piece, then you can swap out the coil. The coil is inserted through the tank bottom (and there is an o-ring that seals the coil so the juice doesn't leak). If you unscrew the second (upper) piece, then you can fill the tank and the entire coil and bottom hardware remains in one piece. What I like about the coils is that the top of the coil has a wire mesh covering it, so theoretically if there is any popping or crackling, the juice doesn't splash up into your mouth. The coils are also very inexpensive, running about $10 for a 5-pack. The one thing I don't like about the coils is that the cotton is packed a bit on the tight side, so if you're running it close to around 40 watts or so, you could start getting dry hits if you chain vape or when the coil starts to get a little gunked after a couple of days of use. You can loosen the cotton a bit using a pin, but if you make it too loose, then the coil will start to leak.

Thank you! I still hadn't had the time to go looking for a video. I got it apart (with Rich's help) this morning. My hands are worse in the morning... I couldn't even get the childproof cap off that bottle of juice - Rich had to do that for me, too. Anyway, I put some of the flower juice in the iSub tank and turned the wattage on the Disrupter up to 30. I figured that would be a good starting point. :shock: Now I have to go over and sit in the corner with @Taxguydave 'cuz that thing like to jump right out and attack me! ROFLMAO! So I turned it down to 25. Yikes! 20... better, but still too much for me. I finally settled on 12. :oops: Don't hate me! Set at 12 watts, with the air hole almost completely closed, and doing direct lung hits (can't manage MTL on this), I get a nice, flowery, flavorful vape, but still a tootle-cloud. I guess I'm a hardwired tootle-puffer. ;) I'll play around with it as time goes on, and see if I can't use a bit more of this gorgeous thing, but hey, at 12 watts and 3-second hits, this battery ought to last me a week, no? :lol:

Lannie, I sincerely hope you enjoy that Disrupter. Not in the manner of you better or else, but in the manner of it's a great mod and should serve you well, and because it has such special meaning to it. :vapor::thumb:

I am LOVING it. And it has extra special meaning for me, not just for being one of the ECF-branded ones, but that it's an ECF-branded one and John sent it to me anyway! I'm still just gobsmacked over that.

Time to put Binkie on the charger and hit the sack.
P.S. Lannie did not take the disrupter to bed. She carefully tucked it away in the kitchen pantry with her stash of juices and tanks and stuff so it couldn't be damaged by any of our critters or get dust on it or whatever. I'm sure she will kiss it good morning in about five hours... :blush:

I didn't kiss it, but I went and got it out of the cupboard BEFORE I poured coffee or even thought about letting the dogs out! ;) I had to just LOOK at it for a few minutes and admire its sleek beauty before I could do anything else. :D

It would fit right in my family photo!!! View attachment 482807

And speaking of that, I think I have enough now to take a family photo, too! :) I'll have to do that pretty soon, I guess.

OK, time to go do chores, back later fam!

~Lannie

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
Well, I found my problem. Not sure what caused it, but it's a pretty big problem. :(

So I didn't think my tv was the issue originally, because I turned on the cable and a game system. The component and cable worked fine. However, I have discovered that all 3 of the HDMI ports on my tv no longer work. I plugged my computer into hubby's tv and it worked fine, tried plugging hubby's PC computer into my tv with nothing. :cry:
Wow, 3 HDMI ports gone bad at once? That is just awful! I am sorry!

RaceGun59

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Owensboro, KY
@Seleya
Did you try the olde rhten dirt method of power off and unplug the TV trick.
Sometimes components just have brain farts and they need to powered down to clear the cob webs. The trick now is to unplug the TVas even when the TV is "off" it is still "on" internally.

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
If she's not a Whovian, she can always peel off the vinyl wrap. :)

She liked the wrap!!! She said she was not taking it off.

I have other happy news too!! Hubby found the leak!!!!! Plumbers will be out herre Monday to fix it! Yayy!!!

Happy Birthday Ducky!!!

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
Disrupter up to 30. I figured that would be a good starting point. :shock: Now I have to go over and sit in the corner with @Taxguydave 'cuz that thing like to jump right out and attack me! ROFLMAO! So I turned it down to 25. Yikes! 20... better, but still too much for me. I finally settled on 12. :oops: Don't hate me! Set at 12 watts, with the air hole almost completely closed, and doing direct lung hits (can't manage MTL on this), I get a nice, flowery, flavorful vape, but still a tootle-cloud. I guess I'm a hardwired tootle-puffer. ;) I'll play around with it as time goes on, and see if I can't use a bit more of this gorgeous thing, but hey, at 12 watts and 3-second hits, this battery ought to last me a week, no? :lol:

Taxguydave hits straight to the lung using eVod and X6 batteries and various clearomizers running usually 5-10W. Yes, I did try subohming :shock:, and now use my Subtank Nano as a cool topper for one of the X6's--when it's not leaking. It leaked all over my iStick 50W and killed it. :yawn:

I have no problems tasting my juice. I do take very long drags--I frequently run afoul of the 9 second limit.

Tootle on!

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
Taxguydave hits straight to the lung using eVod and X6 batteries and various clearomizers running usually 5-10W. Yes, I did try subohming :shock:, and now use my Subtank Nano as a cool topper for one of the X6's--when it's not leaking. It leaked all over my iStick 50W and killed it. :yawn:

I have no problems tasting my juice. I do take very long drags--I frequently run afoul of the 9 second limit.

Tootle on!

I do the long drags, too, on the EVODs and X-6, with the 2.2 or 2.5 ohm coils I'm using. The Disrupter, though, even with a 2.2 ohm coil in a Protank 2, my drag has decreased to 2.5 to 3 seconds. MORE POWER! LOL! That was at 6.5 to 7 volts. I'm going to be VERY busy for while playing around with this, trying different tanks, coils, watts, etc. I have a bunch of 1.8 ohm coils that never did work right in my baby EVODs, but with this, they should work fine. Just have to fiddle around with stuff. I'll be having fun, though! :D I've been searching for my "sweet spot," and I know it lives in this Disrupter! Finding it will be half the fun. ;)

~Lannie

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Did you just wake up, mom? Do we wake up at the same time now?
Lol...I've had some trouble sleeping lately....I need a cup of coffee and I few hard hits of Malibu before I start typing...should be good to go now

recursiveMAX

Aug 14, 2015
Oakland
Lol...I've had some trouble sleeping lately....I need a cup of coffee and I few hard hits of Malibu before I start typing...should be good to go now

Everyone at work thinks I'm crazy because I work the 12-8 closing shift every day. They think I do it because I like to close...WRONG. I do it because I can't wake up earlier than 10!

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Everyone at work thinks I'm crazy because I work the 12-8 closing shift every day. They think I do it because I like to close...WRONG. I do it because I can't wake up earlier than 10!

Lol....I think I finally got to sleep around 4:30...and then Max needed out about 8:30... Dozed after that

recursiveMAX

Aug 14, 2015
Oakland
Glad you are liking it. I decided it was too nice of a mod to sit unused in my vape cabinet :p

It's definitely too nice to not be used!! Don't worry, I'm giving it LOTS of love now. The battery life is also blowing me away. 1 battery literally lasts me all day--not just all say /at work/, but all day up until I go to bed.

That's the nice thing about a GOOD dc to dc switched mod.... They more then rival the vaunted 800 mhz of the provari :D

I feel kinda bad for my trusty provari now, it was my go to device for this whole year, and now I can already tell I'm going to barely lose it. Hehehe

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
It's definitely too nice to not be used!! Don't worry, I'm giving it LOTS of love now. The battery life is also blowing me away. 1 battery literally lasts me all day--not just all say /at work/, but all day up until I go to bed.

I feel kinda bad for my trusty provari now, it was my go to device for this whole year, and now I can already tell I'm going to barely lose it. Hehehe
Good thing I had him send it straight to you...lmaooo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread