Status
Not open for further replies.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Back to the vaping world, I am seriously beginning to think that the Yihi temp control chips (specifically the 330 chip that is in the Sigelei 150, IPV 3Li and the IPV 4) is flawed when it comes to temp control. I've been using the Velocity clone for quite a while on the Sigelei 75 and yesterday I put a new dual coil build on it. Dual 28 gauge 8 wraps ni200 coils. Measures out to 0.09 ohms. When I'm vaping it on my Sigelei 75, it vapes great. Lots of vapor, and when the wick starts running dry, the vape starts to get cooler and cooler and the vapor production drops off, as you would expect.

I swapped the RDA and put it on the Sigelei 150 TC. Set the resistance and start vaping on it. It vapes fine. However, once the coil starts to run dry, I start to get an acrid taste of burnt juice towards the back of my throat....basically getting the beginnings of a dry hit. Took the RDA, put it back onto the Sigelei 75 TC and without dripping any new juice on the wick at all, start vaping and that burn in the throat goes away. Vapes really cool as the coils are basically vaporizing what little juice is still left in the wick.

This is basically the same thing that I have noticed before with the IPV 4. Temp control works, so long as you don't vape the wick dry. At least with the 350J chip that is in the SX Mini, there is a Dry Coil warning message that pops up when the coil starts running dry.
Man, everything seems to be coming back to the SX mini! That was the first one I was absolutely set on getting but while I have been in "lookey-loo" mode I have come to realize that the screen size is not great for me. Still, it seems to be the best TC mod on the market still. Decisions, decisions... :)

Reactions: Seleya

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Well, family, my hubby just came back from his last day of orientation. He is leaving on his first trip in the morning and I am headed back to Washington this evening, so I will not be around much for the next day and a half. I will miss you all and will check in when I can. Have tons of fun for me!!! :)

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Well, family, my hubby just came back from his last day of orientation. He is leaving on his first trip in the morning and I am headed back to Washington this evening, so I will not be around much for the next day and a half. I will miss you all and will check in when I can. Have tons of fun for me!!! :)
Be careful sistah! Watch for crazy ppl and animals :)

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Man, everything seems to be coming back to the SX mini! That was the first one I was absolutely set on getting but while I have been in "lookey-loo" mode I have come to realize that the screen size is not great for me. Still, it seems to be the best TC mod on the market still. Decisions, decisions... :)
Actually, the SX Mini is not one of my favorites. It's nice and all, but it suffers from the anemic battery life being a single 18650 mod. If I had to choose between the two, my preference would be the Sigelei 75. The Sigelei is just easier to use. I also don't like needing a coin in order to unscrew the battery cap on the SX Mini to swap batteries. The Sigelei's magnetic closed doors are easier to use. The only reason I still continue using the evic-VT is the tremendous battery life of the 5000 mah LiPo battery. If I am out for the entire day and can only carry one mod with me, that is the one I bring. I'm still loving the Snow Wolf.....dual battery mod, super easy to use, although right now it is taking a back seat to the Smok XCube II since it seems that the battery life of the Smok is even better than the Snow Wolf.

Reactions: cooladdict

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Oh thank goodness!!! I know people who do that! (or at least I use to)

SO did anyone of us get a email saying they won a Smok?

I did not but if I had I planned on Pifing it anyways since I think it is beyond my skill set. Heck the SMPL is beyond my skill set LOL I rarely if ever use the panzer ... But it is pretty to look at!
I love my disrupter!! I am going to buy a pink innokincell as a back up. Especially since I recieved a 10$ accounts credit from HG.
No emails here :/
I was hoping [emoji14]

Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Drive safely!!!

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
Everyone wants to adopt me :shock:

Put me in the "wants to adopt" group, too! I think you'd make a GREAT daughter! I don't do colors in my hair, but I used to LOVE to play with colors on my nails, and I REALLY need someone to do girly stuff with! LOL! AND... you're cute as a button! ;)

Ahh, so cool! I have found zero frogs so far on my adventure. Do they not grow in Idaho?!? :shock:

Go find water! Every time I turn the sprinkler on in my garden, all these little bitty green frogs appear from somewhere. I have to watch where I'm walking! They're hopping all over the place!

I'm SO hooked on this Mounds bar juice I'm vaping the last few days. I hardly want anything else. Every once in a while, I'll hit the tank with strawberry in it, because in comparison, it's a bit tart, but then I'm right back on the Mounds bar again. I had to make another bottle of coconut juice because the one I have is almost empty. I had made extra bittersweet chocolate, so I have enough of that to last for a while.

Today was a busy day. I had to wait for the Fed-Ex guy to bring me coffee (five pounds of raspberry cream, yum! plus a 1/2 pounds sample of Jamaican rum), then our bestest neighbor brought over a round bale of hay for the cows, Chicklet needed playin' with, I didn't have any idea what to make for dinner because it's nearly 100 degrees again, and I'm NOT turning on the oven or stove, so I made a batch of mayo and we had tuna wraps (with homemade bread and butter pickles), and now I'm trying not to fall asleep from the heat until it's time to go do evening chores.

I'm on calfwatch, now, too. My eldest momma-cow, Bandit, is due to calve sometime in the next couple of weeks, so I've been watching her like a hawk for signs that I need to confine her to the pen next to the barn. Then Helen is due with her second calf a couple of weeks after Bandit. (Helen and our other cow, Cricket, are both Bandit's daughters.)

Rich went outside this afternoon (in that heat, bless his heart!) and picked up FIFTY-EIGHT dead mouse and vole bodies. The cats hunt every night and then leave the little carcasses in the driveway. It was getting kind of hard to weave your way through them, plus, in this heat, it was starting to SMELL BAD. So Rich cleaned 'em all up, and tomorrow there'll be a dozen more... And in spite of this heat, it's time for him to go start cutting our winter wood. Thank God the Smok contest is over. I couldn't PRY him away from the computer for the last several days! LOL! Seriously, he'd come down and get on ECF right after breakfast, and I wouldn't see him again until dinnertime. I hope there aren't any more contests like that before we get our wood in for the year, because that's our only heat.

Tomorrow we're supposed to hit close to 100 again, and I'm not looking forward to it. Hopefully, I won't be quite as busy, and be able to spend a bit more time down here in the basement where it's a few degrees cooler than upstairs.

~Lannie

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
Little girl, big coffee. Also, you were right @cooladdict, it actually didn't turn out that bad. I think it's even more silver this time. I do still definitely have to redye the dark purple, though. Every bit of that washed out. :lol:

@Amraann and anyone else that likes Dunkin Donuts. They have a special until the 27th where if you have an account with a card attached (or the app) then you can get any size hot or iced dark roast coffee for $1. :D

View attachment 486705

Thanks!!!!

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Put me in the "wants to adopt" group, too! I think you'd make a GREAT daughter! I don't do colors in my hair, but I used to LOVE to play with colors on my nails, and I REALLY need someone to do girly stuff with! LOL! AND... you're cute as a button! ;)

Go find water! Every time I turn the sprinkler on in my garden, all these little bitty green frogs appear from somewhere. I have to watch where I'm walking! They're hopping all over the place!

I'm SO hooked on this Mounds bar juice I'm vaping the last few days. I hardly want anything else. Every once in a while, I'll hit the tank with strawberry in it, because in comparison, it's a bit tart, but then I'm right back on the Mounds bar again. I had to make another bottle of coconut juice because the one I have is almost empty. I had made extra bittersweet chocolate, so I have enough of that to last for a while.

Today was a busy day. I had to wait for the Fed-Ex guy to bring me coffee (five pounds of raspberry cream, yum! plus a 1/2 pounds sample of Jamaican rum), then our bestest neighbor brought over a round bale of hay for the cows, Chicklet needed playin' with, I didn't have any idea what to make for dinner because it's nearly 100 degrees again, and I'm NOT turning on the oven or stove, so I made a batch of mayo and we had tuna wraps (with homemade bread and butter pickles), and now I'm trying not to fall asleep from the heat until it's time to go do evening chores.

I'm on calfwatch, now, too. My eldest momma-cow, Bandit, is due to calve sometime in the next couple of weeks, so I've been watching her like a hawk for signs that I need to confine her to the pen next to the barn. Then Helen is due with her second calf a couple of weeks after Bandit. (Helen and our other cow, Cricket, are both Bandit's daughters.)

Rich went outside this afternoon (in that heat, bless his heart!) and picked up FIFTY-EIGHT dead mouse and vole bodies. The cats hunt every night and then leave the little carcasses in the driveway. It was getting kind of hard to weave your way through them, plus, in this heat, it was starting to SMELL BAD. So Rich cleaned 'em all up, and tomorrow there'll be a dozen more... And in spite of this heat, it's time for him to go start cutting our winter wood. Thank God the Smok contest is over. I couldn't PRY him away from the computer for the last several days! LOL! Seriously, he'd come down and get on ECF right after breakfast, and I wouldn't see him again until dinnertime. I hope there aren't any more contests like that before we get our wood in for the year, because that's our only heat.

Tomorrow we're supposed to hit close to 100 again, and I'm not looking forward to it. Hopefully, I won't be quite as busy, and be able to spend a bit more time down here in the basement where it's a few degrees cooler than upstairs.

~Lannie
Bandits gonna be a grandmooooooo! And I've talked to Rich a few minutes here and there the last few days over the Clearette mess. He should go post in the review section with his pics, too.

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
Bandits gonna be a grandmooooooo! And I've talked to Rich a few minutes here and there the last few days over the Clearette mess. He should go post in the review section with his pics, too.

Did you already tell him that, or do I need to?

Bandit's been a grandmoo and a great grandmoo, and now is a great-great grandmoo. (There might even be more greats in there...) Three of her granddaughters live with our hay guy and have calves for him every year. If any of them are girls, they'd grow up and have calves of their own... so Bandit's line goes on. She's immortalized in her offspring, as she should be. She's the best cow anyone could ever ask for. I see her moving slower now that she's getting old (like me) and I wonder where the last 10 years went... it seems like just yesterday we brought her home as a frisky, wild, yearling heifer. She was quite a job for me, who had NO prior experience with cows. Bandit was the first cow I actually touched. And she was range-wild and totally berserk when we got her. Everyone said she'd kill me. But I taught her that she could trust me, and she does, and I trust her. I had to do a horrible thing last summer, when she got rolled over and got stuck in the barn one morning. If cows can't sit upright and belch as they're chewing cud, they bloat, and she was flipped over with her head downhill from the rest of her, with no way to get air out, and bloated so bad, she couldn't roll over on her own. When I found her, she was the size of a blimp with four legs sticking up, making the most godawful horrible strangling noises (she WAS strangling). Meanwhile, her two week old calf was in his stall trying to get out because it was time for him to have breakfast. He had NO idea his mommy was only minutes away from dying. I had to do something, or she was going to die, and Oggie would never have breakfast again, so I grabbed the old steak knife that we use to cut bale strings and stabbed her in the rumen, so the air could get out.

Rich got out there just as I was lying across her, trying to use my weight to press air out of her, holding a bloody steak knife in one hand, and he about freaked out. He thought I'd gone 'round the bend and killed my sweet cow. But I was able to save her life. We got her rolled over finally, she got up, and other than being very shaky for a while, she was fine. (Yes, there was after care, including antibiotics and wound care, but she lived.) That was when I earned my title of BAFG (Bad A** Farm Girl). It's not something I would have ever thought I could do, but I'm glad I had to guts to do it when it was needed. And Oggie got to keep his mommy, and he DID have breakfast after all. :)

~Lannie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread