16 juice reviews. Mount Baker Vapor, The Vapor Chef, Heather's Heavenly Vapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryno3381

Jun 21, 2013
Buffalo, NY
I’ve never written a review before so be gentle on me. I usually lurk around reading posts and reviews. Thank you to all who contribute tothe site.

I’m currently using an Ego Twist at about 3.8 with a Kanger Mini Protank. All of the following juices were at 80/20 or 70/30 blend and12mg.

mount baker Vapor –Extremely fast processing and shipping. Packaged well inside a bubble wrap mailer and surrounded by bubble wrap. Each order over $15? is given a trial of another flavor. (You may ask in comments for something specific if they have it)

Blueberry - One note and that’s blueberry. No wacky flavor,no hidden scent. Nothing creamy about this, just a note of blueberry and a sharp decent vapor. Take a semi ripe blueberry and put it into a liquid. 5/10

Banana - Ever eaten a banana Runt (candy) before? That’s the taste. I don’t get the fruit at all, but rather the sweet/tart taste of candied banana. 4/10

Thug juice – Well here’s my favorite. It’s my all day vape and I’ve ordered multiple times. This one is amazing right out of the mailbox. It gets even better steeped for a few days. The color deepens from a light pink to darker pink. It’s advertised as watermelon, grape and menthol. That’s exactly what it tastes like and the combination is perfect. I can’t taste each ingredient but together they combine to make a perfect flavor. Its got great vapor and a perfect throat hit. My #1 reccomendation. 10/10

Moo Juice – Bought this one on a whim one day to test. I’ve only ordered it once but that’s because It’s been out of stock for a while. Steeped for 3 weeks. It’s a creamy strawberry milk. It’s light enough yet provides just the right hit of creaminess and fruit flavor. It’s a perfect day vapor. I recommend steeping as it was a bit harsh right off the bat. Again one of my top choices. 9.5/10

Cinnamon Roll – This was listed under MBV’s bestselling. I decided to give it a whirl. I can remember my mom making cinnamon rolls early Saturday mornings and was hoping this would hit home. Vaped it immediately out of the mailbox. Bad Idea. It tasted like a burnt piece of cinnamon. Extremely disappointed. Away it goes into the “bad” box. Here’s the catch… I come back 2-3 weeks later and it’s turned from a light bronze to a deep/dark copper color. Strange I thought. In to the tank it goes. WOW. Up until now, I’ve read about steeping and what it can do. I just learned first hand. I wanted cinnamon roll and I got it. Seemed to be the perfect combination of cinnamon, sweetness, and creaminess. My suggestion is to let it steep. Don’t even look at it for 2-3 weeks. 9.5/10

Blue Moo Juice – This was my latest choice. Moo juice was great right? How can this be bad. Got it home, steeped it for a few days. Into the tank. No vapor comes out. Hmmm. Try a different tank (Evod) nothing. Super disappointed. No taste, no flavor just a really terrible burning sensation in my throat. Like the nicotine was there but no vapor was coming out. I contacted MBV to tell them. They allowed me a return to “test” it. So I send it back and wait for a reply. I get a call Saturday afternoon and a message telling me “Well,we vaped it and it seems to produce more vapor than it even should. Nothing is wrong, we’re sending it back to you.” Here’s my gripe. The bottle cost me 8bucks or something. The shipping back was 3 bucks. For all the money I’ve paid to their business the best answer was to just send it back? Not replace it in case it was a bad bottle? If I didn’t love their other juices, this may have turned me off from them. I realize it’s a business but apparently I was looking for a different outcome. 1/10

Grappler – Apple and Grape. And that’s the taste. It seems alittle too soft for me. I can taste both flavors but they seem muted. Something here is on the right track but just needs to be kicked up a notch. Looking fora really light fruit flavor? Here is your order. 6.5/10

Surprise Grape – This was something I asked for in my comments section to receive as my freebie. I wanted them to make me a really strong grape flavor. They sent me Surprise Grape. Again like Grappler, I taste the grape, the vapor is nice but the flavor is just too light for my taste. It needs a bit of a kick grape wise. 5/10

Pina Colada – Another Freebie. Still steeping 2 weeks in.Tried it briefly right out of the gate and the Pina Colada taste was there but a bit muted. Rating reserved until further vaping.

Ecto Cooler – This was in my first order. Again, one of their bestselling products. Most of us have tried the little juice boxes. It’s like they put that taste into a liquid. It’s absolutely perfect if that’s what you’re looking for. I find that vaping too much of it can be a bit overwhelming but used as a change up can really liven up your taste buds. 9/10

Extreme Ice – I was a menthol smoker for 15 years. This was in my first order from MBV. Something to give me a strong menthol hit that I was craving. What I found was that it was way too much for me. Extreme is right. Very sharp menthol/ice flavor. Irritated my throat using it. If you’re looking for a punch menthol/ice wise, this is great. If you want a mellow menthol or something smooth, look elsewhere. 3/10

Almond Delight –Another freebie from an order. Let this guy steep for 4 weeks as I originally thought the label read Toasted Almond. I don’t like almonds. Never have. Decided once I re-read the label to give it a shot. Have you ever eaten a candied or sliced candied almond on top of a dessert bun? That’s the flavor. You can taste the sweetness and the almond all in one. It is actually a very nice flavor, just not for me. A really nice dessert liquid. 7/10

Heather’s HeavenlyVapes – Read through some of the reviews and most-used companies and landed here. Semi-fast shipping and decent packaging. Inside a bubble mailer was the 2 liquids in a plastic bag. *Note – I noticed my 15ml bottles weren’t full and emailed them on a Sunday. They responded Monday at 9am. They use 18ml bottlesso your bottle only looks 4/5ths full.

Blueberry Muffin – I like blueberries. Can you tell? I’m looking for that perfect juice of blueberry/sweetness/creaminess that I can’t seem to find. Here is a decent contender. It’s got the cake flavor along withsome blueberry but again needs to be a bit stronger flavor wise. The cake is pre-eminent in this juice. I like it but would not order it again. Produces very larger clouds for me. 7/10

Angel’s Kiss – Was looking for something complimentary toThug Juice from MBV. Haven’t tried this yet but it has the ability to add a menthol flavoring when you order in mild/medium/strong. I added the mild and will reserve judgment until vaped.

The Vapor Chef –I’ve seen rumblings on another site about this company and decided the reviews were good enough to lure me in. His packaging is VERY nice. Each bottle is glass and comes with a dropper. The Unicorn Juice had little stars and mini unicorn confetti inside the bag. Cute.

Honey Pearry – This was the most talked about juice from the vendor on other sites. So why not give it a shot. I like fruit and melon etc. You’ve tasted honeydew melon before correct? Well this juice tastes like you have a piece in your mouth. Out of every juice I’ve ever tried, it’s always been just .05% off of the actual flavor they were going for. Not this. I don’t get a whole lot of the pear or strawberry until the very very end, but my god is this such a perfect match to the melon. Its fruity, flavorful, light and produces great vapor. I tried it right out of the box and it’s perfect. A homerun on my first try with the vendor.This is a must try. 10/10

Unicorn Juice – Labeled as blueberry cupcakes with white chocolate frosting and a raspberry on top. Again, the blueberry thing! I see the blueberry, I see the cake. Not getting the raspberry at all. The sweetness is certainly there,although It may be a little too sweet for my liking. I think this is again a really great dessert juice, but you must want sweetness if you try this. The flavor combines really well and I’ve got it steeping as we speak to try again. Outof the mailbox you get a 6.5/10

Thank you for reading this all the way through. I hope insome way or for someone this gives you some insight into a juice you’d like to try or not try. If you have any constructive criticism please let me know as I’ll be reviewing the big sample pack from Alice in Vapeland soon. And, if you have any juices you’d like to recommend to me, I’m always open to trying new ones.Thanks again and happy humpday!!

-Ryno

Last edited:

tatterz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
dfw, tx
Nice reviews, you picked up a lot of MBV flavors. To me, MBV is extremely hit or miss - 90% miss. But most people find their prices worth the chance of ordering garbage, which most of MBV seem to be IMO. I think juices like Thug Juice or Hawk Sauce are pretty unique though, and if you're looking for a higher quality replacement it doesn't look like you'll necessarily find it. You should try MBV's Sticky Buns..its similar to Cinnamon Roll but less of the generic sweet taste and more maple.

However, instead of ordering Ecto Cooler from MBV, you should have given Vapor Chef's Ecto Cooler a try. I received my Vapor Chef order and both Hobbe's Blood and Honey Pearry are terrfic and will order VC's Ecto Cooler on my next order since MBV's fell short IMO and I'm not into low quality juices like what MBV provides.

Barbara21

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Greenville, SC, USA
Good set of reviews.

I haven't tried a lot of MBV's juice. In fact, 'Cinnamon Roll' is the only one in your review that I'm familiar with. I agree with your assessment. It's very popular and deservedly so. I'm glad you mentioned steeping - so often I read (generally negative) reviews of juices directly as they come from the mailbox and I feel like telling the reviewer to just give them a few days.

I'm interested in what you think of AiV. I just ordered a sample pack from them (five flavors) but don't expect to receive it for a while. (Site said it would take 7-10 business days to ship. :( )

tatterz - Don't like MBV much, do you. :)

State Of Zen

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
Colorado
Quick question. I notice in some of the reviews you say "Let this guy steep (insert number of weeks here)" for best flavor. Forgive my newbieness, but when you steep you take the lid off, yes? Wouldn't you have a considerable amount of evaporation after that long with the lid off? Again, I'm new to vaping so please excuse my lack of knowledge in advance. Thanks in advance to anyone that answers. :)

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Quick question. I notice in some of the reviews you say "Let this guy steep (insert number of weeks here)" for best flavor. Forgive my newbieness, but when you steep you take the lid off, yes? Wouldn't you have a considerable amount of evaporation after that long with the lid off? Again, I'm new to vaping so please excuse my lack of knowledge in advance. Thanks in advance to anyone that answers. :)

Most of the time, steeping is more than one action. First is the "airing out" which is usually caps and drippers off for 24-48 hours to get some air into the mix and burn off any alcohol that might have been used to mix the liquid.

Second is drippers and caps back on, SHAKE, and let sit for a week or longer. One should SHAKE the juice daily for best results, ans SHAKE again just before filling up your juice delivery device of choice.

Some juices don't require a steep. Some require a long steep. Most, if not all juices, benefit from the airing out phase and the SHAKEs.

hour

Jan 21, 2012
Northern Colorado
Since this thread isn't too old, I don't feel bad posting here.

I've been vaping for 1.75yrsish, exclusively ordered from Freedomsmokeusa. I did a lot of sampling of flavors to find what I really liked (fruity flavors as it happened to be), but learned what I really really liked and stuck with it primarily. Because of this, I didn't want to switch to another company and have that trial and error, wasted juices that I hated, you know? I didn't even know what other companies were charging.

So I was down to my last few tank fulls of juice left, months after my last order, 2am on Sunday actually. Was about to check out for about $125 of juice and figured I'd read their vendor section for a smaller bottle of whatever fruitish flavor was in the spotlight. Found a bunch of recent threads about decline in service, recalled my last order taking a day to get pushed through because their shopping cart kept screwing up, and decided it was time to move on. Shipping was always good with them, I got one or two free 5ml bottles over the course of about $600 spent but that was okay.

ANYWAY since this is getting TL;DR- I saw a single post on here of some guy saying "Can't beat 50ml from Mt Baker for $11!". I ordered about 250ml from them, saved a TON of money, have tried three of the flavors straight out of the box and they're all knockouts! Everything arrived Wednesday from Washington to Colorado, and included a large freebie bottle! The site worked well, the review system helped me make my choices, ordering was simple and glitch free... I may sound like I'm affiliated, most certainly not the case - I just saved a ton of money and found flavors that have stomped my previous favorites

I'm fine with it if they're the McDonalds of juice. It tastes good, the whole deal is professional and tidy, and uhhh McDonalds often tastes good :)

Ohyeathat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Apple Valley, Ca
Mt.Baker is a good company. Their customer service is excellent. As far as some people thinking their flavors are subpar ..... taste is subjective. I have tried over 20 different flavors they offer. Only 2 were not to my liking. Some needed to steep for a few days (or even over a week) but many were good right out of the mail. I have not heard of another company that will give you a free 15 ml when you order over $15 AND let you pick your freebie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread