18 mo-24 mo old liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mapultz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
NC
I bought a well known brand of liquid from a third party store online, one I've used before. They were having a sale on a bunch of different brands.

Received them today and one has a born on date of 12/2013 and the other 9/2013.

I have 2 questions:
1. Is this normal practice when buying from a third party? I've never bought liquid from anyone but the maker or local b&m

2. Would you vape this liquid?

I've already emailed the store, but I wanted some unbiased opinions.

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
I've bought from a local B&M that was 1 year old as I was assured that it would be good for 2 years. It was weak and not very satisfying and I believe they were re-labelled to appear newer. If they don't have some disclaimer that it's fresh made, you may be SOL. Sorry to tell you that. I have 1 year old juice that I made myself and it's very good and if it has lost any strength in nic, I can't tell. I've never done a nic test but I don't feel that it has lost much if any at all.

Mapultz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
NC
I've bought from a local B&M that was 1 year old as I was assured that it would be good for 2 years. It was weak and not very satisfying and I believe they were re-labelled to appear newer. If they don't have some disclaimer that it's fresh made, you may be SOL. Sorry to tell you that. I have 1 year old juice that I made myself and it's very good and if it has lost any strength in nic, I can't tell. I've never done a nic test but I don't feel that it has lost much if any at all.
I wasn't expecting fresh made, but something made within last year would be nice.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: WonderDude32

michaeltuk

Unregistered Supplier
Jun 16, 2015
Stockport, United Kingdom
Most e liquids have an expiry date, i have vaped e liquid which was out of date and it was fine, certain flavours such as the sweet ones tasted weaker, but the tobacco flavours were not really noticeable. If its a reputable brand i am sure they have done tests to ensure the nicotine content stays at the amount stated on the label.

Mapultz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
NC
Well they emailed back and said that "Our liquid manufacturers have assured us the expiration date on e-liquid is two years from the born on date. They have said the only thing that happens when liquid expires is the nicotine level begins to become less potent and it does not affect flavor."

I'm still not thrilled about this. I really don't want to vape something that has been sitting on a shelf for almost 2 years.

DoctorJ

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
Well they emailed back and said that "Our liquid manufacturers have assured us the expiration date on e-liquid is two years from the born on date. They have said the only thing that happens when liquid expires is the nicotine level begins to become less potent and it does not affect flavor."

I'm still not thrilled about this. I really don't want to vape something that has been sitting on a shelf for almost 2 years.

I just read another thread where someone got juice the same way you did and it was over a year or so old. Was it by any chance some Hangsen flavors? If so, there seem to be some unscrupulous people out there that are getting their hands on some really old Chinese juices and reselling them. If not Hangsen, then there is another unscrupulous vendor out there:cry:

Mapultz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
NC
I just read another thread where someone got juice the same way you did and it was over a year or so old. Was it by any chance some Hangsen flavors? If so, there seem to be some unscrupulous people out there that are getting their hands on some really old Chinese juices and reselling them. If not Hangsen, then there is another unscrupulous vendor out there:cry:
Not Hangsen - the juice is Flavorz by Joe.

I just emailed Flavorz to ask them what they thought about almost 2 year old juice being sold by a vendor. Will update when they respond.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
Wow anyways look on the good side of the deal---you can't say this ejuice has not been steeped----2 years it should almost be ready

to put into tanks or dripper.

I don't honestly think there is anything wrong with the juice if it tastes good I would vape it.

Some of my juices that I've collected are almost 2 years old. pic below
ejuiceRack.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread