18350,18490/18500 button top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
There are massive amounts of counterfeit AW cells on the market.
If they don't come from a known authorized AW dealer or at least a known reputable vendor like those on Mooch's list, I wouldn't touch them at any price.

Any legit AW's found now from any source would be old stock, at least 2 years old.

Good luck.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think AW is now toast. I have some of the authentics but I don't use them enough, sigh. I need to store them properly.

I want to say Samsung makes a true button top. It's hard to find, or it was when I looked. However, it also makes a "protected" button top which I would stay away from. Really.

Anna

Andnobodyknows

Feb 16, 2019
There are massive amounts of counterfeit AW cells on the market.
If they don't come from a known authorized AW dealer or at least a known reputable vendor like those on Mooch's list, I wouldn't touch them at any price.

Any legit AW's found now from any source would be old stock, at least 2 years old.

Good luck.
Oh yes I’m well aware of the counterfeits out there. These were purchased from a reputable dealer and like you say they are at least 2yrs old or longer. My golisi and xtar charger have a cell refresh mode built in so I’m not too concerned about it. My old ones had at least 1000 cycles a piece.

Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Looking for closeout deals on aw imr batteries. Found some at $2 & $4 each and bought everything they had. Curious if anyone else could find something. Thanks!
I hope for your sake that they didn't come from Ali Express. All of their AW batteries are counterfeit.

The AW manufacturing plant shut down nearly 2 years ago from a flood. So as said above, any stock that you find will be about 2 years old.

Curious who that "reputable dealer" is. :blink:

Are these for a Mini Provari?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
A shame too, AW cells were the best.
I have a bunch of tubes that had to have 490s , 18500 cells were too tall.
Would love to see someone do a good job with 14500, 18350, and 18490 cells that we could count on.
In their heyday, circa 2012 - 2014, they were the BEST. So good that they were the most counterfeited battery in the world requiring special markers on the wrap to prove their authenticity. They were the "go to" battery if you needed button top batteries, like for a Provari. In fact, Provape designed the original Provari around the AW battery.

However, AW was not able to keep up with technology to compete with Lg, Samsung, or Sony in the amp rating wars. AW's last top rated battery was a flat top 20 amp re-wrap, probably an LG HG2.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread