The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

18350 vs 18650

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by StrafeMalone, Jun 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. StrafeMalone

StrafeMalone Senior Member

May 8, 2014
    Hutchinson KS
    I got a Caravela Clone yesterday that is 18350 only for a pretty good price at a B&M store (1 AW battery, 1 purple Efest, a charger and the mod for $37). My question is will it be worth the time and effort to find a compatible 18650 tube and use 18650 batteries or should I stick to 18350s at .8 ohms (which I am happy with as I like the flavor more then cloud production) and jsut buy more 18350 batteries?

Notes on my experiences with some of my friends set ups. I have tried .8 ohms on an 18650 and have only noticed a marginal increase in cloud production. I have tried .2 ohm vaping and can take it or leave it. I mostly want opinions from the community as my tastes might change and I want to learn as much as I can. This is also my first mech mod.

2. Ladiekali

Ladiekali Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2013
    Coastal Georgia
    My understanding is that 18350 is not safe for under 1 ohm because the amps are too low

3. Jimi D.

Jimi D. ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 26, 2010
    Florida Keys
    18350 mechs are cute, stealthy, sexy and all that. But, 6 amp limit and the energy capacity is not worth it to me. I'm a chain vaper, and I'll need a case of batteries to get me through the day.

4. StrafeMalone

May 8, 2014
    Hutchinson KS

I would agree with you on any other battery but the AW and the Purple Efest. The AW is 6 amp continuous and the Purple Efest claims 10.5 amp. Both of these batteries are not cheap knock offs and tests show that they can handle draws of 6 amps of power for extended times. 4.2 volts at 6 amps allow absolute bottom .7 ohms.

5. StrafeMalone

May 8, 2014
    Hutchinson KS
    I have my MVP for chain vapeing. The Caravela was mostly because I like the Pirate Ship on it! Also I plan on getting 2 more batteries. Maybe 4.

6. LowOhms

LowOhms Full Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Bossier, LA
    The purple efest 18350 is rated for 10amps. I picked up one to try out my panzer. I liked the reduced size, hated the battery life. After less than an hour of vaping the decreased output was noticeable. I put the 18650 back in and have no plans on using 18350's again.

7. Sthur

Sthur Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 14, 2013
    Denver
  8. StrafeMalone

May 8, 2014
    Hutchinson KS
  9. Vaslovik

Vaslovik Account closed on request ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2013
    I never for a moment considered an 18350, I knew how I would vape, pretty much like I had smoked, and I knew just looking at those little things they were not going to cut it. I have 8 18650's to rotate through my mechs.

[​IMG]

10. StrafeMalone

May 8, 2014
    Hutchinson KS
    Found my calipers and my Caravela is 23 mm so the Fast tech tube will not work. Might have to spend the money and get the 23 mm Stainless steel Caravela and just use the tube (I have the SS and Gold plated brass one because it matches my Caterpillar RDA).

11. Painter_

Painter_ Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 21, 2013
    In my happy place
    I will go against what people so far has said. I perfer the 18350 for out and about. I can go from 6 am till 4:30 and I change the batt right before I leave the office. My coils are between .8 and 1.2.

I do have some 18650 batteries also that if I want to blow clouds I use but for day day out vaping (cig replacement) I find nothing wrong with 18350 mode on my mods.

12. StrafeMalone

May 8, 2014
    Hutchinson KS
    This is basically what the guys who own the shop I bought my Caravela at told me. I have also found that at 3 mg and dripping I can get about 3 to 6 hours of use out of my battery. My MVP V2 is and will always be my go to vape for nice relaxing chain vaping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.