18350 vs 18650

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrafeMalone

May 8, 2014
Hutchinson KS
I got a Caravela Clone yesterday that is 18350 only for a pretty good price at a B&M store (1 AW battery, 1 purple Efest, a charger and the mod for $37). My question is will it be worth the time and effort to find a compatible 18650 tube and use 18650 batteries or should I stick to 18350s at .8 ohms (which I am happy with as I like the flavor more then cloud production) and jsut buy more 18350 batteries?

Notes on my experiences with some of my friends set ups. I have tried .8 ohms on an 18650 and have only noticed a marginal increase in cloud production. I have tried .2 ohm vaping and can take it or leave it. I mostly want opinions from the community as my tastes might change and I want to learn as much as I can. This is also my first mech mod.

StrafeMalone

May 8, 2014
Hutchinson KS
My understanding is that 18350 is not safe for under 1 ohm because the amps are too low

I would agree with you on any other battery but the AW and the Purple Efest. The AW is 6 amp continuous and the Purple Efest claims 10.5 amp. Both of these batteries are not cheap knock offs and tests show that they can handle draws of 6 amps of power for extended times. 4.2 volts at 6 amps allow absolute bottom .7 ohms.

Last edited:

StrafeMalone

May 8, 2014
Hutchinson KS
18350 mechs are cute, stealthy, sexy and all that. But, 6 amp limit and the energy capacity is not worth it to me. I'm a chain vaper, and I'll need a case of batteries to get me through the day.
I have my MVP for chain vapeing. The Caravela was mostly because I like the Pirate Ship on it! Also I plan on getting 2 more batteries. Maybe 4.

Last edited:

StrafeMalone

May 8, 2014
Hutchinson KS

Painter_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2013
In my happy place
I will go against what people so far has said. I perfer the 18350 for out and about. I can go from 6 am till 4:30 and I change the batt right before I leave the office. My coils are between .8 and 1.2.

I do have some 18650 batteries also that if I want to blow clouds I use but for day day out vaping (cig replacement) I find nothing wrong with 18350 mode on my mods.

StrafeMalone

May 8, 2014
Hutchinson KS
I will go against what people so far has said. I perfer the 18350 for out and about. I can go from 6 am till 4:30 and I change the batt right before I leave the office. My coils are between .8 and 1.2.

I do have some 18650 batteries also that if I want to blow clouds I use but for day day out vaping (cig replacement) I find nothing wrong with 18350 mode on my mods.

This is basically what the guys who own the shop I bought my Caravela at told me. I have also found that at 3 mg and dripping I can get about 3 to 6 hours of use out of my battery. My MVP V2 is and will always be my go to vape for nice relaxing chain vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread