The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

18650 Batteries running at a continuous 25+ amps?

Discussion in 'Batteries and Chargers' started by NicksCloud, Dec 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. NicksCloud

NicksCloud Senior Member Verified Member

May 13, 2014
    USA
    So does anyone know of an 18650 battery that runs a continuous 25+ amps?

This is for a test I am trying with a regulated mod claiming to run at 260watts (I know, I know... don't worry - I'm not trying to blow myself up and I think a mod with this output is frankly absurd - BUT I am simply trying to confirm if this device can actually deliver what it claims to via my own testing equipment. Thus far I cannot find a battery that meets the criteria. I have tried the Sony VTC4 & 5, the re-wrapped LG's in the Purple Efest, etc. MNKE and other companies I trust don't appear to have any high drain/high amp batteries that I am aware of.

So any help is welcome. Please do not let my testing get in the way of the point of my OP. I need an 18650 that will run 25amps or higher and continuously - not pulse.

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year!

2. Necrotic

Necrotic Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2014
    Lawrenceville, GA
    Only ones are the vtc series.

3. Ryedan

Ryedan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    The Sony VTC series are the only cells I know of that are rated at 30 amps continuous. If you really want to run continuously for the whole discharge, at 25A they will heat up quite a bit and cooling is in order.

If you don't need to run continuously you can easily do this with any VTC cell.

You're welcome and the same back at you!

4. NicksCloud

NicksCloud Senior Member Verified Member

May 13, 2014
    USA
    Thank you both for answering. The only other battery that I found that exceeded 20 amps of continues output is the 18650 Samsung INR18650-20R 2000mAh (although rated for 20a). I don't know if anyone has utilized those before in the community. But you guys are both right and it looks like the VTC4's will do since I'm restocking up on them. It's hard to find authentic VTC5's right now at reasonable pricing.

5. Kemosabe

Kemosabe Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Roe Dylin
    theres a post in this sub-forum linking to VTC5s for $9.95 from electronic stix. not sure of their authenticity, but they specifically claim they are real.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/batteries-chargers/638443-so-these-batteries-best-site-legit.html

6. BlownFuze

BlownFuze Full Member

Jan 19, 2014
    Orlando, FL
    What about the Samsung 25R batteries?

7. Apulo

Apulo Full Member Verified Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Spring City, PA
    I actually received my 4 VTC4 batteries from Illumination Supply today and they match the pics of the authentic batteries close enough for my taste. They were a decent price, shipped quickly, and came with nice plastic cases since I ordered in pairs.

8. beckdg

beckdg ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 1, 2013
    TN
    what mod?

?>?>

9. Kemosabe

Kemosabe Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Roe Dylin
    Nothing to worry about from illum. They supply 100% authentic cells.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.