18650 Batteries running at a continuous 25+ amps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicksCloud

Verified Member
May 13, 2014
USA
So does anyone know of an 18650 battery that runs a continuous 25+ amps?

This is for a test I am trying with a regulated mod claiming to run at 260watts (I know, I know... don't worry - I'm not trying to blow myself up and I think a mod with this output is frankly absurd - BUT I am simply trying to confirm if this device can actually deliver what it claims to via my own testing equipment. Thus far I cannot find a battery that meets the criteria. I have tried the Sony VTC4 & 5, the re-wrapped LG's in the Purple Efest, etc. MNKE and other companies I trust don't appear to have any high drain/high amp batteries that I am aware of.

So any help is welcome. Please do not let my testing get in the way of the point of my OP. I need an 18650 that will run 25amps or higher and continuously - not pulse.

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year!

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
So does anyone know of an 18650 battery that runs a continuous 25+ amps?

The Sony VTC series are the only cells I know of that are rated at 30 amps continuous. If you really want to run continuously for the whole discharge, at 25A they will heat up quite a bit and cooling is in order.

If you don't need to run continuously you can easily do this with any VTC cell.

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year!

You're welcome and the same back at you!

NicksCloud

Verified Member
May 13, 2014
USA
Thank you both for answering. The only other battery that I found that exceeded 20 amps of continues output is the 18650 Samsung INR18650-20R 2000mAh (although rated for 20a). I don't know if anyone has utilized those before in the community. But you guys are both right and it looks like the VTC4's will do since I'm restocking up on them. It's hard to find authentic VTC5's right now at reasonable pricing.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Thank you both for answering. The only other battery that I found that exceeded 20 amps of continues output is the 18650 Samsung INR18650-20R 2000mAh (although rated for 20a). I don't know if anyone has utilized those before in the community. But you guys are both right and it looks like the VTC4's will do since I'm restocking up on them. It's hard to find authentic VTC5's right now at reasonable pricing.

theres a post in this sub-forum linking to VTC5s for $9.95 from electronic stix. not sure of their authenticity, but they specifically claim they are real.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...38443-so-these-batteries-best-site-legit.html

Last edited:

BlownFuze

Jan 19, 2014
Orlando, FL

What about the Samsung 25R batteries?

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
I actually received my 4 VTC4 batteries from Illumination Supply today and they match the pics of the authentic batteries close enough for my taste. They were a decent price, shipped quickly, and came with nice plastic cases since I ordered in pairs.

Nothing to worry about from illum. They supply 100% authentic cells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread