18650 battery PV

Status
Not open for further replies.

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
From what I read from the spec sheets on batteries, it seems like the 3.7v 18650 - 3000mah protected battery hi-drain would be the best for a mod. Especially for the power hungry LR's. Is there a better choice and anyone have a suggestion for an already built PV like the Silver Bullet, Omega, Protege, Precise, GG Giant, Bulli Extreme, The Chuck, etc....... Don't like the look of a box shaped mod, wetbox or the smaller mods that take the CR123A battery. I like the look of a cylindrical shape.
I've also read that some of the models above suffer from failed buttons due to the high current. Which has the better button?

Firefly13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Oklahoma, USA
www.blackvelvetjuice.com
You can't get a high drain 3000mah 18650, they're more like 1600mah.

I use the GGTS which is all mechanical and i have the optional magnet button upgrade installed so it has no spring to wear out.

I use the new black AW 18650 2900mah batteries in mine and they are awesome, they have high quality japanese cells inside and boast a very nice protection circuit. I do use the high drain 18650 orange AW's too but haven't noticed much difference between the 2 to be honest.

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
THe Precise 18650 is IMO a very reliable 18650 mod and the thing is beautifully done. I use AW's in it. Batts last me a couple days of use. The only thing wrong with an 18650 mod is carrying it around and going out with it. Get a lot of questions and stares. So, for that reason I will take a P10 or an eGo for out and about.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
IMO - Precise P18 - LIFETIME guarantee, all mechanical, Another new mod from SuperT coming next month, even bigger

From what I read from the spec sheets on batteries, it seems like the 3.7v 18650 - 3000mah protected battery hi-drain would be the best for a mod. Especially for the power hungry LR's. Is there a better choice and anyone have a suggestion for an already built PV like the Silver Bullet, Omega, Protege, Precise, GG Giant, Bulli Extreme, The Chuck, etc....... Don't like the look of a box shaped mod, wetbox or the smaller mods that take the CR123A battery. I like the look of a cylindrical shape.
I've also read that some of the models above suffer from failed buttons due to the high current. Which has the better button?

Maast

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Anchorage, AK
That's not a high drain battery. High drain batteries are Limn

AW IMR18650 1600mAh LiMN rechargeable lithium battery

Well yes, LiMN and LiFePO4 3V batteries (these are cool) are "high drain" batteries giving you 4C to 10C discharge rates without stressing the battery, a 3000mAh 1C discharge (optimum max for a LI batt) is still 3 amps.
A 2C discharge (which isnt too terribly bad on a battery) is 6 amps, either way its enough to feed an atty and not get stressed.

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member