1st post in 5 years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vietstuh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2008
Hey everyone, I've actually been a member on the ECF for a long time, and have been lurking the forums the whole time lol and this will officially be my very 1st post on the ECF since I signd up. I have tried 3 different times to permanently convert to vaping, but have failed the first 2 times because when I first started vaping, the equipment was just new, bad, outdated, finnicky. This 3rd time, I've completely quit real analogs for about 4 months now.

Man vaping has started to hit the masses.... I remember when I bought my first e cig, 9,999 out of 10,000 people would have absolutely no idea ... i was smoking, that wow factor was kinda fun lol. But now everyone i vape in public, atleast 4/10 people say something like.. "oh thats one of those electric portable hookah things right?/ thats those blucig things right?"

I hope to be a more active member on the forums from here on out. See you guys around!

vietstuh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2008
Oh, and I used to try to sell Revelle/InLife because I thought it was the best thing in the world if anyone can remember them LOL, so for those of you that know what I'm talking about, I basically paid $100 for a $50 901 penstyle kit:facepalm: So I think that was a major contributor to me being turned away from e cigs for awhile.. spent like $1500 on stuff that I found out later I could have gotten for like $400. Thought I'd share my stupidity with you guys lol.

Hey, welcome back! As you've noticed, this is a priceless information vault with some very helpful and friendly people.
I'm glad that you are giving this a 4th shot. There is some killer gear out there that will keep you vaping and show you it's not a fad and is indeed lightyears better than smokes.
Good go on the 4 months as well man.

Last edited:

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Glad that you decided to start posting. How did you do it? You must either be an extremely patient or extremely tolerant man to be able to go so long without saying anything on here. I think it's safe to say that you are probably the oldest lurker I've come across in my almost 3 years here. :)

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
Welcome - glad you decided to join the conversation :)
We have come a long way, haven't we? Sometimes I look back on the early days and marvel at how persistent we all were. We really wanted to stop smoking and for some reason, we though vaping gave us the 'best' shot at accomplishing that task. We were right!

Glad you decided to try it for the third time and happy to read you are successful with it. Hope you do continue to post here. Sharing your experience is beneficial to others who are struggling to dump the stink sticks.

Happy Vaping,
Paula

bizmitchel

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2011
des moines IA
Well welcome vietstuh,
I had pretty much the same thing happen to me. I lurked for A long time and bought one of those outrageously overpriced cig a likes.
I think by the time I found what worked I spent close to 1100 in vape gear (a lot still sits here unused ) and told myself after that I should have just bought a APV from the start, would have saved a lot of money........expensive hobby to start since none of us know what kind of "vaporers" we are.........

vietstuh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2008
Also, I have a problem with spending so I have a feeling I'm going to be needing the ECF's info and the members' input for my future purchases lol. Right now I'm primarily using my VAMO with a AGA-T2, 3ohm carto with tanks, a few atomizers to drip and try out flavors, but I do remember first hearing about the VMOD and bottom feeder systems for the first time on the forums awhile back, been searching the last few hours, and I guess the #1 recommendation for a bottom feeder is Reo's Grand? I know that bottom feeders have been around for awhile, but anyone still recommend it over genesis style rbas?

Mariss716

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
WA
Yeah, you're really a Pioneer and we have early adopters like you to thank for the progress that has brought us so far today.

I remember, in about 2008 or 2099 seeing a BluCig kiosk at the Pallisades Mall in Nyack NY. Massive mall. Anyway the fellow was demoing them and I laughed, thinking to myself in my young, cynical mind "What a stupid product, it's fake smoke, why would anyone want to buy that?"

But now I get it. It's about getting your nicotine delivery in a relatively benign format. It's ok to get your nic fix, we all have our vices, but you don't need to give yourself Cancer doing so. BTW, I will tell you that CANCER SUCKS. And treatment for it SUCKS even more.

I started off in early 2012 with a V2, not unlike Blu, graduated to an Ego, then a mechanical mod, and now my Provari is my prized possession. It's up there with my phone, laptop and iPad. It goes everywhere with me and I have such a bond with it. And I bought my last pack of Camel Crush months ago because of it. Every time I look at my sig I am amazed. I have avoided FIVE THOUSAND cigarettes in 8 months. Gross! I actually did that to myself!

So I've gone from stupid, fake smoke to best decision I have ever made. Yes, we've come a long way indeed.

A belated welcome and I look forward to seeing your posts!

Last edited:

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Also, I have a problem with spending so I have a feeling I'm going to be needing the ECF's info and the members' input for my future purchases lol. Right now I'm primarily using my VAMO with a AGA-T2, 3ohm carto with tanks, a few atomizers to drip and try out flavors, but I do remember first hearing about the VMOD and bottom feeder systems for the first time on the forums awhile back, been searching the last few hours, and I guess the #1 recommendation for a bottom feeder is Reo's Grand? I know that bottom feeders have been around for awhile, but anyone still recommend it over genesis style rbas?

I have both the VModXL and the Grand. I would recommend the Grand over the XL for the simple reason that if the spring collapses, it is user replaceable (Get some spare springs with your order). The VMod needs to be shipped back for repairs.

Mariss716

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
WA
I have both the VModXL and the Grand. I would recommend the Grand over the XL for the simple reason that if the spring collapses, it is user replaceable (Get some spare springs with your order). The VMod needs to be shipped back for repairs.

Vapage is really good about repairing though, they have a new satisfaction guarantee. I wrote them to say I had somehow cracked the bottom of the chassis - it wasn't affecting the function but the plastic was cutting into my hand. They told me to mail it back and within a week I had a brand new chassis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread