1st Stealth Vape in Mass Public.. Coliseum Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

$hua

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
SomeWhereOverTheRainbow, GA
Proudly, my niece performed her graduation ceremony this morning..:toast:
I freelance/hobby photography, so naturally my sister asked me to photograph the event... and ill take any excuse to play with my 300mm lens.

Being border line A.D.D, i bore easily and get impatient rapidly... Ordinarily i would have stepped out and smoked an analog, however not wanting to miss a frame. I thought id give a shot at stealth vaping. Now here is where this gets interesting.

I was in Stegeman Coliseum.. Athens Ga.. a few events from the 1996 Olympics were held in this coliseum..
see this link Stegeman Coliseum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The coliseum wasn't full.. but it was pretty darn crowded in there.. multiple graduations being held there today,, one after another with ~5mins in between schools...

Ill also point out that there were police officers from 3 different jurisdictions on hand for this event... (Athens Clarke county,, Oconee county and of course the UGA campus cops (a.k.a "bacon bits" a.k.a "2.5" ...dont get it twisted they can still shoot you))

There i stood.... tripod and all, in full on paparazzi mode..dipped into my camera bag for my eGo with a full cart of Banana's.. and i vaped a good lung full... held it until i simply couldnt anymore. and exhaled the remainder into the cuff of my sleeve. NO ONE NOTICED A THING! I kinda felt all guilty like i had gotten away with something...

What more can i say? Why did i ever smoke cigs? in hindsight.. i simply cant figure it out.. analogs are the suck...

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
Last night, I was having a nice meal with my wife at a steak house. We were having a good time, enjoying each others' company, and I wasn't really in the mood to talk to strangers about e-cigs. So, I did this "semi-stealth" vape thing I've been doing lately. I make no effort to hide my shiny GGTS or what I'm doing, but I make sure that there is very little vapor visible to other people. I get plenty of odd looks (especially in restaurants), but very few questions or comments.

It's nice to be left alone, without the sense of some impending confrontation to spoil the evening.

IB Crow

Sep 15, 2011
DeMotte, Indiana
when i was in school i had a really cheap e-health cigarette e-cig, very small. id just make a fist with it in my hand and draw, and then just blow down into my shirt. never got caught with it, not that i would have cared since it was only $15 and change, but man that thing saved me from alot of possible meltdowns with annoying freshmen asking stupid questions in study hall. luckily where i live most places dont even know what a "smoking ban" is, and where they do exist nobody enforces them minus at the pump at the gas station... so i dont get many questions anymore.

Boodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV, USA
altcig.com
Double-inhale with high PG juice (80% or more) will produce no vapor on exhale. Very nice with a GLV SuperMini in hand for no one to see. +1 for sometimes not wanting to answer questions about ecigs when having a quiet dinner or with friends and don't want to miss a moment. It's a respectful way to vape in close-quarter situations, even with permission to vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread