2 years today !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
This is for all of y'all just starting out.

I smoked for 45 years. Never thought I would be able to give it up. I tried to quit several time over the years but the longest I ever did was for 6 months. During those 6 months I craved one all day every day. I finally caved....

Fast forward to 2 years ago today. I went to my local smoke shop to pick up my usual 2 cartons of the least expensive smokes they sold at the time. I had heard about these new fangled things called electronic cigarettes and had given some thought to checking them out. I noticed that the store had something called a nic-stick. Decided right then that it was time to try them. Bought my little kit along with my 2 cartons of smokes. Never did smoke those smokes. :D

I am so thankful for ECF and all the folks here that have helped me along this journey.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Bravo! :vapor:

Dan

Thank you Dan. It is a wonderful feeling.

Congratulations on reaching this milestone! vape On! :vapor:

Thanks bunches. I know if I can do it just about anyone else can. I am happy to also say that after my first year smoke free both of my sisters decided to give it a try. Youngest sister still can't give up that first one in the morning but is good for the rest of the day. My oldest sister (I was a middle child :D) no longer smokes and even better she seldom even vapes now. I am so very proud of her.

Nice job! Two years is awesome.

:vapor:

Thank you mooreted. :)

2 years is scary. I remember my first few weeks and being on the forums and seeing all these people who have been on them for 2 months - 5 months and thinking i would never get there. My 1 year mark is still a good bit away but i look forward to it. Might get a wee mod from fasttech and get them to gift wrap it so i get a present on the day :p

Keep it up!

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
2 years is scary. I remember my first few weeks and being on the forums and seeing all these people who have been on them for 2 months - 5 months and thinking i would never get there. My 1 year mark is still a good bit away but i look forward to it. Might get a wee mod from fasttech and get them to gift wrap it so i get a present on the day :p

Keep it up!

Congratulations on your 6 months !!!!!!!! My birthdays have become just another day to me but my quit smoking day will forever be something to celebrate. :)

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Very awesome! Great job and thanks for all the encouragement to those of us clocking off the days right behind you!

I love all the encouragement we all get from the great group of folks here. I'm not sure I could have accomplished my goal without all the help I have gotten here. Hang around and before you know it, you too will be counting the years.

You're an inspiration to everyone on ecf, thanks for sharing your milestone with us.:toast:

Thank you for those kind words. We are all on this wonderful journey together and I am thrilled to be here.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Mary,

Ya don't know how tickled I am fer ya! So is Snoopy...
snoopy.gif

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
That's great congratulations I've got a ways to go yet but this is the kind of encourgement that helps us through the tough times. Thanks for sharing. Vape on!

Thank you and you are so very welcome. I remember when I first started I had a few rough patches but reading the success stories here helped me through them. Just trying to pay back all the ones that helped me without even knowing it. :)

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
MANY CONGRATS on your fantastic achievement and testimonial!
You done VERY, VERY GOOD! (I'm just a little behind you, tryin' to catch up......lol.)

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I see that you are really not that far behind me in the scheme of things. I am very proud of you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread